Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012 edited

I'm all finished with supports on my newest coaster. (If you haven't seen it yet - http://imgur.com/a/a7X5w)

So I've decided to start making the scenery in Sketchup. But I'm not sure what the theme should be.
    Maybe something like X-Flight or The Swarm, I don't know. I'm not good at picking themes and would appreciate some suggestions!
    Posted By: IMG RidesI'm all finished with supports on my newest coaster. (If you haven't seen it yet - http://imgur.com/a/a7X5w)

So I've decided to start making the scenery in Sketchup. But I'm not sure what the theme should be.
    Maybe something like X-Flight or The Swarm, I don't know. I'm not good at picking themes and would appreciate some suggestions!

Apocalypse themes are too common on the exchange and rarely get finished (especially when they are as detailed as Brett's) due to tremendous amounts of work. X-Flight seems so overuse the theme as well but the apocalypse type of theme is not present on that ride. An airport would do, or even a runway, due to the banking and maneuvers, it looks like something either a showplane or a jet aircraft would do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012

^ Wow! I've never thought of the design like that. It describes the coaster perfectly! Big props to you, man, awesome idea.
    I always enjoy rides themed to ruins (greek/roman are my fav) of some sort and the level of theming can easily be changed and they look good regardless. Otherwise I'd go with the airport idea as above with some pylons or hoops to signify an air-race. For ideas on the ruins (if you are going big with it) would be Aqua Wind would be a good reference.
    •  
      CommentAuthorImagine

You should theme your ride to a pizza chef.

Like this:
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides

^ I like pizza. But in all seriousness, I do see myself designing a small bobsled coaster in the future. Maybe try to do something new with the original design. Make it more compact, portable, and accessible. Something for everyone to enjoy. And even possibly integrating some sort of inversion in the layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012 edited

Posted By: bottom_feeder_13I always enjoy rides themed to ruins (greek/roman are my fav) of some sort and the level of theming can easily be changed and they look good regardless. Otherwise I'd go with the airport idea as above with some pylons or hoops to signify an air-race. For ideas on the ruins (if you are going big with it) would beAqua Windwould be a good reference.

I'm pretty sure my mind is set on the air-race idea. It is brilliant. I was actually planning to make a coaster with a Roman Ruins theme, but it came out to be quite a bit of work making all the scenery, I'm not quite to that level yet, I've only had a little over a year of experience with NL but finally settled into it and decided it would become my hobby just a few months ago. So I'm sort of working my way up but do not see myself using Newton regularly. But who knows? Anything can happen.

I'd also like to tell you that I am a fan of your coaster Pulsar. I downloaded it a while back and I learned a few things from it. So I'd just like to say that you are somewhat an inspiration to me. Also A113, Jawharp, and CoolioJoe really kept me working.

Wow, I got carried away. Anyway, ahem.
    Posted By: IMG RidesAlso A113, Jawharp, and CoolioJoe really kept me working.

PFFCCHH....OKAY.
    awwww fan boys :P thats so cute :P haha

i love that AQUA WIND coaster that looks fantastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2012

I like the stunt plane theme and really want to go through with it. I just need other small objects for the ride to maneuver through. Any suggestions?

•  
      CommentAuthorImagine
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2012

SEGMENTED PLANES MADE OUT OF SUPPORTS

Just kidding! Brett would probably have your head on a plate for doing that.

If you're good at 3ds, maybe like some plane seats and some flaming pieces of metal.
    HAHAHHA i wouldnt... i would just judge you on how much better it could be done ;) haha

i would recommend 3D's as you will pull your hair out with supports... ive already got bald patches :P