Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sorry it wasn't haha.

Is it weird it took me an unusually long time to work that out?
    • CommentAuthorbenhenryc
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2016

Quick question, which I browsed for an answer to but could not find. Apologies if it has been asked before.

I am using the latest version on a Windows 10 machine with a high-DPI display. The dialog drop downs are all appearing squished vertically, as seen here, so they are difficult to use.

Hopefully, I am not the first one to stumble upon this issue. Any thoughts or fixes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Looks like the program wasn't designed to make use of Window's display scaling, (which I think was only introduced in windows 8) it's common for programs not to support it. You'll just need to set the scaling back to 100% when using FVD++.

Edit: Could not recreate, FVD++ handles scaling set in the System > Display settings menu fine. Are you using a non-standard font size through Appearance and Personalisation > Display in the old control panel instead? This will cause similar issues in many more programs.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

You aren't the first one... This works great:

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Just apply it to FVD++
    • CommentAuthorDelay

What are the differences from FVD++ in comparison to N2?
    Newer, better, proper NL2 support, relative roll speed rather than absolute roll angle.
    • CommentAuthorbenhenryc

Thanks for the quick support, team. Dapalm: that solution worked like a charm.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2016

Well, I have attempted to use this software on my laptop. I believe I found the problem... It appears the 4 Series doesn't support OpenGL 3.1 ... Bummer.

FVD++ v0.77 Logfile
    found OpenGL Context:
    Vendor: Intel
    Renderer: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Version: 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2302
    Samples: 0 -1
    GLEW initialization successful!
    Is there any way to adjust the gui scale for higher resolution monitors?

I should really read posts above me...