Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014 edited

Hi everyone,

not an actual update to see here, just a quick post to give you some of the high resolution images I've created, stitched and modeled over the course of this unfinished project. Enjoy them, without expecting more progress from me, as explained above. Some of them do not show the current stage of building, for example some catwalk holders are missing... anyway:

Here's the imgur album (all images in their native resolution)

Best,
    Lucas
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017 edited

Hello everyone,

a spanish student contacted me, asking for my FVD++ file to be used in a project. I prepared the file for him and then I thought: “Why not release all that stuff sitting on my harddrive?”.

I also just noticed I never officially cancelled the project, I just, well, abandoned it without comment. I still visit here from time to time and maybe I will revisit NoLimits some day. I’m positive that this community will last a long time. I just don’t have enough free time for it or if I have, there are some new hobbies like quadcopter flying with FPV tech. (my channel). It’s great fun and kind-of an out-of-body rollercoaster ride. Check it out, there are much more talented people out there than me. NL2 is also just too much time spent in front of the computer. I hate to say that, really.

Alright, time for business. If you were wondering why I resurrect this thread from the dead ...

Release of unfinished Shambhala Recreation

Project Files, 170 MB, archive password: KPqXRe=A)J_kYxc
    Reference Files, 180 MB, archive password: E`>MA#@YJ*pPVBv

This is an archive of all the useful stuff from my Shambhala project file collection. There is the NL2 park in there along with other files. If you need something you think I have but didn’t include, ask me. I still have all the 3ds Max 3D objects, for example.

As the readme file says, feel free to use any of this however you want (keep in mind though that all the reference files and most textures were not made by me). You are allowed to continue this project, in a new thread or in this one, so the whole history is preserved. But please do not upload this package or parts of it as-is, unchanged, anywhere. If you continue it as a recreation and build on it, of course you can release the result of that. I’d love to hear from you if that happens.

I’ll come back to this place for eventual comments.

All the best,

Lucas

This is amazing! I was just browsing through this thread yesterday curious of any progress, let's just say that I'm speechless!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017

What a guy.

Thank you for releasing! These files are awesome.
    Thanks Lucas,
    I'm so happy you published your files for the entire community. I only was hoping for a bit of help in my project, but you made such a wonderful gesture to all of us. I wish you all the best and I will sure post some things about my project!

Josep
    Are you going to attempt a recreation of Shambhala's station as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017

^^ So you're the student Lucas mentioned? Nice to see someone else from Spain here :)

Thanks for sharing these files, Lucas, I'm sure they can be a great help for everyone.
    Is there any way to open up the FVD file on the latest versions of the program, as I keep getting a "Unsupported File Version" error message when I try to load it up?
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017 edited

Posted By: joevallely14Is there any way to open up the FVD file on the latest versions of the program, as I keep getting a "Unsupported File Version" error message when I try to load it up?

Use FVD++ v0.6, which is the program I used to save that file: Download here
    Thank you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2017

Just to see it released in some form is amazing.

As a little bit of a helping hand to anyone that decides to have a go at finishing it, here is a 3d height map of PortAventura showing off most of the building dimensions/pathways/terrain of the park including the Shambhala and Angkor areas.
    .skp file. Quite large