Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013 edited

i finished the track of this project, i will show you parts of it, but not yet.
    some informations :
    -i used newton 2
    -i want to build the supports from hand, but first i have to finish terrain and the tunnels
    -the coaster is about 85 kph fast and the layout is short but the speed is high

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

this is the part where the tunnels should be, i worked on the terrain and do not know what i have to do now exactly.
    can someone help me for the next step ? :)
    HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorImagine
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2013

There's practically nothing for us to look at.

If you're trying to make a trough or something, the next step is to use Construction kit to import the track (with tunnels on) and the ground as a 3ds file, then use a 3d program to create a little trough based on your tunnel (where the top part is about a foot higher than the ground it's going to be in), then build some ground using your terraforming as a guide (if that makes any sense)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2013

thank you for your answer,
    i make a new better ground by using the terraformer
    i´m working just in this moment with google sketchup and try to built tunnels :)

that should be a better pic
    i will try to do that

HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2013

So i start new because i dont find a way to use this layout and coaster :(
    sorry :(
    now i will show you the start of my new project, also an woddi :)
    please say what you think :)
    i will work in newton :)
    and finish it ! i have got a lot of ideas ;)

HLcoasters
    Looks like a stellar drop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2013 edited

thank you :)
    i wanted to make a drop like wodan timbur coaster ;) and after that a tunnel part under the entry to the station ;)
    here a pov :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YIfTDcKDnA
    • CommentAuthordjnickless

Das scheint auf jedenfall ne menge arbeit zu werden - Brett hier im Forum hat auch ein woodi projekt mit eignen stützen gehabt... Das wird ein großer aufwand.. Sieht aber echt gut aus soweit! :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

ja wird es aber dann brauche ich halt zeit :) dann gibt es halt nich so schnell einen neuen, aber mal gucken ob ich die stützen selber mache oder nicht ;)
    danke !
    i like to here more of your opinions :)

HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

although you are german and I can understand you...please speak english...if you want to talk german whisper your comments to each other :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

Ok sorry :-)
    But first of all i have to finish the Track before starting to think about supoorting :-) i hope you will like the "gci-tunnel" style :-) like wodan timburcoaster in Europapark rust :-)

HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013

Looks very interesting so far, three airtime hills in quick succession (yeah, I know the first drop isn't a real airtime hill). How tall is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013 edited

thank you :) about 35 meters :) from the station :) if the track is finished this will be the ground, everything under it will be a tunnel :) i hope you understand it :D
    edit : UPDATE !
    here are the tunnel parts ! everything under station high will be tunnel :) i hope that it will be fun after the 2.7 long 0g hill :)

and i dont know how to continue ;) did anyone has ideas ? the first idea was to make a turn next to the supports of the first drop. that means an 180° turn and i want to make some airtime like gci into it :) what do you think ? or did you have other ideas ? :)

that is the idea

HLcoasters
    That turnaround needs work.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

Have you thought about doing the Turn other way round? Like this:
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I don't know how true-to-style you're trying to stay, but I would say that both that first turnaround (high and tight after the drop) and that hard right at the end of your current progress are too tight, especially if you're going to have a 10-12 row GCI train on it. I really like the first drop progression though, that looks great.

•  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013

this is the layout i was thinking about, it is not perfect and i will work on it until i will like it :)
    but the turn under the first drop is the way i would like it :)
    what do you think ?

ps.: i had to start new because of the wrong friction :/ so it will look a bit different :)

HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Looks fine to me, except the last hill. It seems the train has lost all of its speed, so you had to make a rather tight hill to get airtime. I'd suggest a nice turn with lats instead.

Maybe you could also use some lower values than 0 g on the airtime hills, otherwise it could become a little repetitive IMHO. Don't forget to add some surprising lats. ;)
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

It looks like you're using force bars, in which case I am very concerned that there are no lats at all on the ride so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorImagine

Just wondering :\ why do you punctuate your sentences with smileys :s
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

this is only an idea, the first part is ok, the rest will be like this, i will rebuild this all until i like it :)
    yes i´m using force bars and i think the low lat. g´s are ok for an woodi.
    because i´m a happy person. thank you for your opinion and ideas.

HLcoasters
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013

If you're building a woodie, you usually want to add some laterals to the ride, or the ride will feel a lot like a steel coaster. Most wooden coasters (apart from a couple intamins) have lateral Gs in most of the turns.
    I think this will ride exactly like I expect it to: a Newton woodie that will just feel like a steel coaster and not have much sophisticated shaping.
    ^A little strong, but he has a point. A big one too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013

okay i will work on the track for a more reallistic project ;)
    what do you think about my coaster "jungle ranger" ? is this what you mean when you are talking about the lateral g´s ?
    link : https://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/jungle-ranger/6003

HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013

I think the layout looks nice with two exceptions:

• Where are the lateral Gs?
    • The very last hill is too tight
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013 edited

thank you for your tipps.
    but this is only one of the first ideas, i will work on the track and will always update it :) in this moment i only like the first drop and the rest needs more work. i will update soon some new pics and i will hope you will say your opinion. this should be a big project and this needs time, so i dont know how long it will need to make a layout and track i will really like.

HLcoasters

EDIT (UPDATE) :

I´ve worked with newton and build the track, i like the first part up to the station fly through, the part behind it is not so good ( i will work in it !)
    but what do you think ? i´ve added lat. g´s and the tunnel part a not so deep as before !

here a pic with the tunnel parts :

i think the trackwork is nearly done ( up to the station fly through) and i will work soon on the tunnel parts and the tunnel.

HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013

sorry for the double post but i do not know how to finish the part after the station fly through..
    right now i dont like it very much
    did anyone has ideas ?
    HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013

Thoughts: how about a double-down off the station fly through, then a zero-G entry into a lateral-having (elevated?) right helix that hugs the outside of that first tall turnaround (and thus will be buried in supports when you build them). Build intensity as the helix goes (and maybe throw in some up/down undulation as it goes), then sling up into a double-up into the brakes.

The main thing I notice looking at the ending you have now is that that leftward helix doesn't seem to fit. It's almost entirely built off positive Gs (no lats), and the twisting air hill at the exit looks too tight. This tells me you're running out of speed at this point. If you don't stick to the layout I suggested, I would at least try and avoid adding elements just to add elements / length. Your ride is very nearly complete as it hits the station fly through - there's a nice mix of elements and Gs, and the pacing at least looks to be pretty well done. After the fly through, you don't need much. Make it a frantic run to the brakes - that'll be both more fun and more realistic than adding elements until you're totally out of speed.

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013

Tbh, I'm not a huge fan of the slightly spread-out part before the fly-through and I don't like the part after it neither. Besides what BBSpeed suggested you could also turn right immediately after the fly-through, then make a wild last (and long) turn to the left around the elevated part or maybe through the supports, raise the track and then have the final brakes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2013 edited

Update :
    i think i´m nearly finished, i hope you like it, the only thing which is in my opinion not perfect is the end, before the brake, that is the last thing i will work on, hopefully.

so what do you think ?

HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2013

I like it :) I could see some nice supports on that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2013

that was my thought ! i hope i will be abel to finish it !

HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2013

The ending seems to be fine, maybe the final brakes could be a little flatter (in terms of "more flat" that is). :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2013 edited

I really like how this project is going! And if you want to add a nice tiny touch of realism, tilt the brake of about 1 or 2° sideway ; GCI does that. It's pretty clear on the new ride they build: Clicky
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2013

thank you all !
    i think the last hill and the final hill will be the last thing i will work on ( TRACKWORK ! )
    after that i hope i am able to finish the terrain for the tunnels fast.

HLcoasters

and i´m not sure how long it will take to finish that project :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013 edited

so i think the trackwork is done. i only have one problem -.- i´ve worked with newton and the final brake is not smooth (beginning ) because i had to make on part out of it (you maybe know that problem )
    everything else is very good ( i like it :D )
    if you want to download :
    copyright on me ! so please dont copy it !

new-project.zip

i dont know what do you think about it so tell me
    and the ground high will be at about 9.5 meters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013 edited

sorry for this third post, but i want to let you know that i´m working knwo with the track on the tunnel parts and the terrain which i have to change.
    here are some pics :

as always i want to know what you are thinking about this.

HLcoasters
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013

The chain should probably end a bit earlier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013

okay that will be something i could change. if you follow until the next update you will see it.
    what are you all (if there is more then one how is follow this :D ) thinking about this so far ?
    anything i have to fix ?

HLcoasters
    I'm thinking it should be scaled down a bit. It would require a new take in Newton2, but it'd be worth it to get it down to GCI's standards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013

I think it looks just fine considering Wodan has a height of 40 m, but it seems you didn't build the station and the brakes before it on a slope (could be the perspective, though). :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2013

This one has a height of about 45 , because of the Tunnel (i mean the first drop ), Top speed is at about 100 km/h.
    And the coaster should Not be like wodan, only the tunnel parts.
    And this is the angle/ perspective. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2013

I think the height is fine. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of lats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2013

but i think that the lats are ok and i want more a smooth coaster. or what do you think should be the lats ?
    and ohterwise i would like to be finish the trackwork but i have problems with the final brake, there is not a smooth part of the track towards the brake if you now what i mean. any tipps ?

more lats =/= unsmooth ride

•  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013

should i make it more unsmooth ?
    because i wanted to make my own coaster style and this should be very smooth.

HLcoasters
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

You're using newton - odds are the track is going to be smooth no matter what you do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

I Know but i want to hear if That is ok for a smooth woodencoaster(the lats)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

True, as long as you don't make a prefab coaster or a RMCG one, use lats. Also, remove the transport sections. Wooden coasters mostly have no transport parts but have their brakes and station at an angle so the train just rolls away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2013

so i worked on this project because of the support competition not. sorry, but today is started to change the terrain for the tunnels.
    you will soon get some pics and i would like to hear what you think. because right now i dont know if my idea will work.

HLcoasters