Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2013

My compact looper kinda died after I realized that there was literally no way to support the barrel rolls without failing the tunnel test, so I've spent the past few months just running random track designs through FVD++. There have been a few that I've liked (most involving heavy terrain usage), and this is the one that I feel has the most potential. It's a B&M invert, but I'm not planning very many inversions. The focus of this ride is going to be smooth banking transitions with low Gs punctuated by short periods of intense positive Gs, creating a 'whipping' sensation around the turns. I drew inspiration from my favorite part of Batman: The Ride clones, which is the section after the second loop with heavy Gs followed by a soaring, low G banking transition and then more heavy Gs.

Any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated!

photo invert-130228225121000_zps5f7e1b0b.png

photo invert-130228225230004_zpsa8db7a5c.png

photo invert-130228225210003_zpsb60cd397.png

photo invert-130228225157002_zps43fc132d.png

photo invert-130228225147001_zps4c7808ec.png
    Loving the shaping I see so far. Especially that turnaround.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

sounds really interesting! i would also make sure to include some surprising snap transitions just to keep things exciting and surprising.
    Looks a lot like how I imagine a modern Eagle's Fortress would look like. Looks great so far!

Also, a question: What program are you using to make this coaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

The idea is great and the execution so far is perfect, could definitely be built by B&M. It would be cool if you included some surprising inversions, though.
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989What program are you using to make this coaster?

If you read the post, you will discover that he is using FVD++. :)
    ^ Whoa, for some reason I didn't notice that. I did read the post previously, didn't see that coming o_0

Anyway, since you're using FVD++, it could be nice if you could do something like a turn with a rapidly increasing roll rate, so that even the front car gets a kind of "whip" through the turn.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013

Thoughts on this first half? It feels a bit short to me, I may add some more before the MCBR.

photo invert-130303192743000_zps3fe18fbf.png

photo invert-130303192759001_zpsabfbe5f4.png

photo invert-130303192807002_zps8be7ea8f.png

photo invert-130303192955003_zpseee4ff03.png
    Cool idea, but the shaping of that wingover looks awkward. Im curious to see where this goes but I think more inversions would be more fun and effective.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

it's more a zero-g than a corkscrew.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Just throwing out some ideas: I could imagine a lot of track interactions if you turn right again, e. g. a loop or an Immelmann around that elevated turn, a wingover above the straight part after that or a track beneath the zero-G cork (which looks fine to me, btw).
    I would also add a few more turns before the MCBR, it looks really short right now.
    Yeah I don't like the layout atm. I know you aren't doing a lot of inversions but after the first turnaround I think a loop would look awesome against the hillside.