Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Yes.. B&M has put trains on the morgan giga coaster Steel Dragon 2000 what do you think about this?

photo steel-dragon-nagashima-002_zpsb6ea294a.jpg

photo thumb_th720_2a22695226e9e594a02b497c98ffa7ba_zpsf080964c.jpg

photo thumb_th720_ef647a40692359b1b9979202d291103a_zps3fcdf069.jpg

photo th720_03253bed243e93b530c20b4154d3dd9f_zpsbdf4f1c8.jpg
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013

Am I seeing this wrong, or are there only 2 seats per car?

I'm surprised B&M have done this, especially the 2-seater trains (if I'm seeing it right!), opposed to their V-formation 4-seaters. Guess it's something to do with clearances with the train, the track layout, and the station? It'll be interesting to see if they're making replacement trains for a multitude of coasters, or if this is just a "one off" type thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

There are 4 seats per car. Hard to see, indeed.
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga

I wonder why they went with this design, apposed to something more like their traditional Hyper train.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013 edited

Well that's random. They look great though! Didn't B&M make the trains for the defunct Psyclone at SFMM?

Edit: just checked RCDB. Apparently they did. Are there any other non-B&M coasters with B&M trains?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Those look like the new style hyper trains with the rear seats moved together. The platform is also probably longer which explains the 2 rows of seats instead of 3. Interesting to see B&M produce trains for someone else's steel coaster!

And before anyone asks, no. Way too many other things higher on the to-do list. ;-)

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorIronWolfman
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013 edited

Posted By: ride_op

And before anyone asks, no. Way too many other things higher on the to-do list. ;-)

-Ride_Op

XD Yeah these don't really belong on NL2, especially if this is more of a one time thing.....

I wonder what this does to capacity, with 28 passenger trains compared to 36 passenger trains...
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013

I wonder if the ride experience has changed because of the new trains.
    Posted By: sprogIt'll be interesting to see if they're making replacement trains for a multitude of coasters, or if this is just a "one off" type thing.

It will also be interesting to see if B&M will start to use 2 seat/row on some of their coasters.
    Those trains look like they're pretty open. That'd be pretty scary when you're 90 meters up in the air.

The trains look beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Super bizarre. Kinda cool though. I'd love to get some reports of how it rides, maybe a POV to judge performance changes.

•  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013 edited

Posted By: cb0688Well that's random. They look great though! Didn't B&M make the trains for the defunct Psyclone at SFMM?

Edit: just checked RCDB. Apparently they did. Are there any other non-B&M coasters with B&M trains?

There is only 2 non B&M Coasters with B&M Train
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

What's the other one? Psyclone did (but it doesn't exist anymore), and now there's Steel Dragon. There's another?

• CommentAuthorcaptfido87

when B&M worked for giovanola in the later '80s, I know they were contracted by Intamin to design the bobsled trains for their swiss bob coaster such as rolling thunder @sfgam. Intamin also had them make trains for the intamin stand-up coasters. That's why when Iron wolf opened in '90 a lot of people thought Intamin made the trains, but they were of Giovanola design. This is is why B&M were asked to design the psyclone's trains, but they really didn't understand wooden coasters as much apparently.

New Steel Dragon - Back Seat Onride

I made a side-by-side comparison between this and TPR's video on the old trains. This one seems to reach the main brake run earlier by about 5 seconds. I don't know though if that's because of the trains, or if they also messed with the normal MCBR strength. Then again there may not really be a difference in operation, but a difference in other factors, such as temperature. But the return hills look like they're taken a bit faster now, so maybe they did mess with the MCBR. I'm not really sure....

•  
      CommentAuthorIbanez
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2013

Some offride footage
    The train seems to be a lot quieter than before...
    I just noticed in those two videos that the lift doesn't slow down anymore as the train crests the top.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2013

The drive wheels are so damn BIG!