Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013

Okay, so I was wondering if anyone knew what is going on, here. I made a station in Google sketchup and imported it into No Limits.

Here's what it looks like in sketchup: http://gyazo.com/48a341e96972d24c30a46ef581d90691

And here's what it looks like in No Limits: http://gyazo.com/d0171dbe24410cf596fd11a094d6a683

All of the faces are fine EXCEPT the inside of the left one and the outside of the back one. Anyone else having this problem? Would love a solution to this.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

No limits can't render both faces. You need all the faces to be white (not blue) in sketchup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides

How would I do that? Sorry, I'm a little new to Sketchup.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Set your model so it's textures aren't shown (if I remember rightly, it's under "Styles" between the stripey box [textured] and "xray" - Sorry, am at work and don't have access to Sketchup here), and then right-click any purple faces you see. Choose "Reverse face" and it will flip it round so the white side shows - you'll need to retexture all the new white faces though as sketchup only applies textures to one side.

You'll get used to it and just intuitively flip the purple faces whenever they occur after a while :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides

Thanks for the help, but there aren't any purple faces.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

But there are. It's a very faint purple/blue color telling you the secondary face while white is the primary faces. None of the secondary faces are going to show up in NL.

Try this: open a new sketchup file. Make a cube or box. Do not texture or color it. Leave shadows off. Now, right click one of the faces and tell it to reverse the face. It should turn from white to purple/blue. Now you should be able to tell the difference between primary and secondary faces.

Another thing to note: if you are building a wall or fence, you cannot just use one plane in sketchup, it needs to be two planes or a very slim box to render both sides in NL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRandomman4

There is also an option when rendering to render both sides of each face. So your solution to the fence will actually cause more polygons then neccesary. However don't do this on structures that are meant to be enclosed as I said, you will needlessly increase poly count. The reversible faces solution is the correct solution to this problem.