Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

So, just like last year, (I didn't start it last year though.) Here is the thread for the new 2014 roller coasters! so what's coming that people know of now:

Europa park is getting Arthur-the Ride -a suspended coaster
    Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom
    Projekt Helix at Liseberg (yes, they spelled it that way.)
    Kings Island's B&M Giga/Dive/Invert, one of those! Name is probably Banshee.

Any other coasters?
    You're forgetting Helix @ Liseberg?
    • CommentAuthorYoshiking
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2013

http://rcdb.com/6667.htm

Heide Park is getting a wing coaster.
    Posted By: YoshikingHeide Park is getting a wing coaster.

Now the speculation begins... What shade of black will it be?
    <blockquote><cite>Posted By: Luisvaldez989</cite>You're forgetting Helix @ Liseberg?</blockquote>

Yep. I fixed it now.
    • CommentAuthorYoshiking
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2013 edited

Posted By: Luisvaldez989

Lol, it's actually white.

photo wingrider_zps5c3f97a0.jpg
    It was just a joke, was making fun of how Merlin almost always seems to want their steel coasters colored black.
    • CommentAuthorIronWolfman

It's not gonna be black. The pictures on TPR show that it will have white track and dark green supports. Just like the other 3 coasters in the section/area it's getting built in (The SLC, Vekoma Looper, and Mack Bobsled)
    • CommentAuthorYoshiking

^^Lol I know, I was surprised to see a white coaster since its not too common of a color.
    IronWolfman: Like I said, it was a joke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorA.S.Coasters

BGT Droptower page

Guess we'll be seeing the first pivoting seat drop tower?

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Ooops, post got moderated, sorry mod I disturbed
    Anyways, Busch gardens drop tower with pivoting seats, yeah.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke

Posted By: A.S.Coasters

BGT Droptower page

Guess we'll be seeing the first pivoting seat drop tower?

First 90* pivoting drop tower, Acrophobia at SFOG did it.
    Acrophobia makes the seats rotate so that the riders face straight down?
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress

Posted By: Yoshiking

Lol, it's actually white.

photo wingrider_zps5c3f97a0.jpg

The real question is why are those kicker wheels not in parallel?
    • CommentAuthorryan09

What do u think of thunderbolt reborn at Coney Island.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

Posted By: Luisvaldez989Acrophobia makes the seats rotate so that the riders face straight down?

No, Acrophobia tilts the seats like 20 degrees or so. Falcon's Fury tilts the seats 90 degrees. I can't wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4

Posted By: teejaysykeFirst 90* pivoting drop tower
    Actually Volcanic Impact did it first back in 2003.
    Posted By: A.S.CoastersBGT Droptower page

LOL @ the "add to cart" on the right of the page.

My first thoughts: Yup, I'll take one Falcon's Fury for my backyard, please!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

They released a Video of Thunderbolt @ Coney Island.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

Posted By: BoligerNMalibrid101Europa park is getting Arthur-the Ride -a suspended coaster

Holy shit you made me jump... seems to be a family ride though which makes me a sad panda.

First wing coaster in Germany? And more importantly, how big will it be?

Greetings, Lenny
    • CommentAuthorCCJared

It's white...

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

yeah, we saw that already in the last picture...
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989Like I said, it was a joke.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I can't believe Thunderbolt Reborn. I understand Zamperla is the operator, but c'mon! I'd rather go with Gerstlauer than some crappy cheap knock off Eurofighter! It looks ugly, has a terrible layout, and is just a big-ass rip-off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

You're dumb!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^Totally what I said. It's not like there's an "edited" next to the time posted or anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2013 edited

With the Busch gardens drop tower, does it double as Florida's lightning rod?
    Or is it going to server as the place where every one takes ride construction photos from now.

Also, the thunderbolt reborn..I don't know, it doesn't look that interesting or worthwhile to visit, judging by the pics, how does the original thunderbolt look?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2013

The original Thunderbolt looked basically like a nuts version of Cyclone. Really unimpressed with the rendering of the new ride. It's just so... bland and uninspired. Any major coaster built at Coney Island is going to stand in the presence of the legendary Cyclone, and since it can't compete in terms of history, it should compete in terms of caliber. The rendering of the revised Thunderbolt would be weak at any park, but at Coney Island? It's borderline insulting. Here's hoping it changes substantially before it gets built...

• CommentAuthorJAKool

Although I'm absolutely disgusted with the coaster, I do like the idea of the rotating elevator lift.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2013 edited

Which already exists on some flumes: Clicky

So yeah, I like it as well but this is not new.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

i don't get what you guys are hating on. it looks like it will have an airtime filled drop, pretty large loop, faced paced corkscrew-thing and awesome banked turn, then an immelman that hopefully wont have that weird shaping, and then two bunny hops that could possibly be packed with ejector air. that seems like a pretty fun layout to me, especially since it doesn't actually sit on the thunderbolt site since there's a baseball stadium there bro. yeah its got a super crappy rendering and if the ride is shaped like the rendering then its gonna be horrible, and yeah it wont be anything like the original thunderbolt, but it seems like an exciting coaster.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

You're also forgetting it's Zamperla. Zamperla = Suck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013

dont write it off before theyve even planted survey flags though. vekoma = suck 95% of the time, but they've also made some things people like. Calamity Mine at Walibi Belgium is a great mine train coaster, for example, and Arrow's Tennessee Tornado is apparently smooth as glass. let's just wait and see, who knows, maybe it will be Togo style painful or maybe it will be like a weird out-n-back eurofighter.
    Posted By: skyasaurusdont write it off before theyve even planted survey flags though.

Agree 100%. Only recently (maybe about 5 years ago) did the majority of us recognize that Vekoma can consistently make decent coasters. Let's hope that with this new addition, Zamperla can prove that they can create legit rides as well.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013

Don't count Zamperla out, they made every coaster at Luna Park/Scream Zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuLgA8GPYIQ
    OMG YAY CONEY ISLAND GETTING A NEW RIDE!! I LOVE THE LIFT IDEA!!
    sorry i'm just really happy since i'm like 2 hrs away and it's nice to see an old park getting something new.

I can guarentee you that SFNE is getting something new (hopefully the 410ft scy screamer rumor) and catapult is gone so something must be replacing it.
    I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a new coaster at Lake Compounce as i saw a lot of land cleared when i was at the top of down time.
    Hopefully Canobie will get something new as well.

Also wish I could get a chance to ride Helix.

Lots of great stuff coming, anyone esle here excited for rides in New England (I know Birdnerd is).
    Interesting, I didn't know Zamperla Motorbike Coasters used a restraint system similar to Disk'Os.
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989Interesting, I didn't know Zamperla Motorbike Coasters used a restraint system similar to Disk'Os.

ya they do and zamperla built alot of the rides at coney island (steeplechase, air race, tickler etc.) so I can see them sticking with the manufacturer they trust
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2013

Zamperla operates Luna Park. Nearly everything there is now Zamperla.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Posted By: altlennyseems to be a family ride though which makes me a sad panda.
    Rcdb also says it's a powered coaster which is kind of weird if you ask me - but hey it's Europa-Park and a Mack ride, so you can be sure it's going to be good. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSneaky

^It's going to be a suspended powered coaster (It's on the Mack Rides website), most likely with seats that can rotate.

~Sneaky
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

suspended AND rotating? sounds like some quirky, low intensity, high thrill fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^I've already been on a suspended rotating coaster (Sky Rider), it's actually pretty fun. Don't know about the "powered" part, but as I said before it's a Mack coaster, so ... ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSneaky
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2013 edited

From what I understand, It will probably be a controlled spin (though I have heard a rumor about there being an ability to control it)
    >Here< is a construction video of the ride, released by the park (in german).

~Sneaky
    I found a video of a new coaster for port aventura called atlantis check it out not sure if it is true though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAO-mvOBBy8
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2013 edited

It's a RCT 3 coaster edited in iMovie.... It's clearly not true.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2013 edited

The description says: "No es un proyecto real ni oficial". Even if you don't speak Spanish, I'm sure you can piece out 'No' and 'real.'.
    ^ ya I should of read it then
    • CommentAuthorB&M101
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013

Some quick update, i'm seeing half tesars at SFGAdv, seen today. Sad, forgot to take pics! There was a sign right next to the Rock Wall and Superman that said: "Jet Fuel Testing-no Trespassing". The problem was that there was little land behind it. If anything, I'm thinking an X-Flight clone.