Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013

Brilliant! Touché.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2013

Finely finished the supports, I started got bored making them.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

What is the tunnel thing in the sky?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

For tunnel testing. He's already answered that.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

Supports look great. Are you planning on new cartextures?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

Lookin' good, nolimiters!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Posted By: MilBeeSupports look great. Are you planning on new cartextures?

No, I usually doing that at the end.
    Please keep support tubes the same size on the same support. See the support closest to us on the 90 degree roll parts of the cobra.
    they will be flanged right? :P

¬_¬ RIGHT?!
    Sooo, Architect...you're saying don't support his B&M like a B&M?

http://rcdb.com/9675.htm?p=39611

Maybe I missed your point.
    ^Yes you did.
    [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9]
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013

Meh, either way, B&M have used these two methods, but I'm sorry to say, I agree with The_Architect, they look much better. Alot less tacky imo :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013 edited

I think it looks fine nolimiters, but if you want to change it that's fine.

Really looking forward to this one for sure. It seems Chukensky did a nice job with the surroundings [j/k I was thinking of Centurion lol], which seem to really add to the final product. The colors are very cool, the layout looks fun, and the build technique looks satisfactory. If you still need a cartexture I may be able to make one, but no promises - my third video is going very slowly and I'm busy with school. You can use my Schizophrenia one if you want to recolor (or leave) it considering it's black/gray and generic style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013

Woah, I've nothing with this coaster ? lol, I'm nowhere near capable of pulling off 3ds like this ! I'm more than happy to create a car-texture if AJ can't :)
    Oh whoops lol I was mixing it up with Centurion
    Oh, you meant 90* banked. I was looking at the support for the track that's pitched 90* upwards. I see now (and I still blame you for not being clear about that). lol
    :P well I'm glad we have cleared that up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2013

Wow, I really appreciate the effort you put into supporting. I'm looking forward to riding this coaster!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013

Made some things to get a realistic B&M coaster.

• CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013 edited

Is there any reason why the storage tracks doesn't have rails btw. only very short pieces at their beginning or aren't they just finished yet? Anything else is looking really nice!
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013

That may seem to be the case with sit-down coasters, but not with suspended iterations:

There are still rails there, but they are much smaller, and rectangular. See here

Silver Bullet
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013 edited

Anyways there have to be some sort of rails, otherwise I don't see how this could work, but it's strange that B&M uses rails different from the normal ones on their storage tracks. Does anyone know why they're doing it like this? Lower costs?

Trimming an inch off won't lower costs at all if you look at how much the whole ride already is. It's probably like that so they can see into the little gap between the wheel sets to fit tools in for inspection etc.

•  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013 edited

My theory is that the rails are smaller in diameter so that the wheel sets can be moved, inspected or changed if necessary and also to have almost no stress on the wheel surfaces (which can cause flattening out if the wheels sit on one side for too long). For this sole purpose, round rails would be too expensive and not needed.

The rails are also much more convenient than having no rails at all as the wheel sets would otherwise fold down and could not easily be rolled back on the transfer track.

Staying on the topic of fixing 3ds: You will also have to raise the maintenance catwalks and the attached L-beams so that they fit to the site wheels on the cars. See the reference picture posed by TheBeatles.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2013

I made the roof open for public.

The cartexture, big thanks to Chukensky!

The ride is finished, only had some small things to do.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2013

It's released!

Download!
    YES YES YES! I'm downloading right now! So excited to have another ride released from you, and bonus prizes for the fact that it's a B&M Invert /drools
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2013

I like your enthusiasm!
    Rated :) Lovely ride man.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2014

And the video is out now!
    Link