Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2014 edited

Dueling Tilt Coasters In China??? (This is only concept art)

^I built dueling tilt coasters in RCT3.

They might even be released soon. Pahaha

Pipe Scream is considered a coaster!?!?!?

Cedarpoint.com

• CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2014 edited

^I mean.. http://rcdb.com/2648.htm , http://rcdb.com/1170.htm , etc.

ya but at least those aren't completely powered and are considered coasters by the companies their built by.

• CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2014 edited

^ Ah, yeah. Overlooked the powered thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014 edited

Spine clearance fail (look baadrix, happen IRL too!) :

Star Coaster - Euro Park

Love how the banking is achieved on this one, look closely :

Camel Coaster - Enakyo Wonderland

Catwalks on the loopings. Basically catwalks everywhere :

Columbia Double Loop Coaster - Seoul Land

(No TOGOfan, don't ask for this feature in NL2)

EDIT :

Most engaging park entrance EVER!

Fun Valley, India
    • CommentAuthorReal
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014

The Centrifuge Brain Project

Just...wow. Laugh at this stuff with me please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I didn't know Thorpe got a new coaster called Collosu!

•  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

Posted By: CoasterGuy2000

Pipe Scream is considered a coaster!?!?!?

Cedarpoint.com

Maybe CP can close that in raining days
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014 edited

Posted By: KingRCT3Love how the banking is achieved on this one, look closely :

It took my a little to notice what they did, but it's quite scary, though. The thing I wonder is, since it doesn't look like they reduce the width of the crossties but only the height, and this means, in turn, that the distance between the rails varies. How can the coaster get through this course without getting stuck? Either You've got high friction and high stress on the chassis, or the side guidance has a huge cearance and you get a nice headache.

@Real: I already konw this video, it's hilariously funny. Not least the laboratory coat convinces that this is serious since^^.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014 edited

^ The width of the crossties connected to the spine looks to be constant, but if you look where they are connected to the track you see that the width varies to avoid that problem. But its still a really funky way to bank a track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014 edited

Never seen that before (maybe you guys did and I'm a slowpoke here), but it definitely belongs to the WTF thread, especially coming from B&M!

See anything wrong with Goliath, at La Ronde? No?

And here?? Look just above the La Ronde logo!

WTF are those double supports?! It's not even a last-minute fail as you can see them in the renderings..:

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014

Well, if they're there in the renderings there must be a good reason for it. It looks odd and ugly anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Woah, certainly never noticed that before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

It even looks like there's space in-between the track. That is full blown ghetto for B&M ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress

My initial assumptions are that the double supports are required due to the spacing between the following support. There is an access path below of sorts that likely needed to remain clear.
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane

It is an expansion joint. I am not certain why one was required, let alone in that very spot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse, a Chinese knock-off motorbike coaster opens and it looks truly terrible. According to the video description, riders have to wear helmets... definately a big WTF!!!!

Youtube link
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

^That looks horrid. Aside from the absolutely terrible shaking and roughness, there is that failure attempt at a Christmas tree/traffic light, which blinks anticlimactically on red 8 times, turns green for 5 seconds, shuts off, and THEN launches the train. And helmets? To increase realism? To protect against the awful headbanging?
    Posted By: AyTraneIt is an expansion joint. I am not certain why one was required, let alone in that very spot.

The name kinda gives it away....

In all serious, that much steel can and will expand a great deal.
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

I suspect it's actually for structure settling. The coaster is pretty much built on a swamp. Definitely could have a some soil irregularity to warrant the expansion joint (especially with what appears to be a storm water pond right next to it). Happens in steel structures all the time.
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane

Schwarzkopf used to use them, this is the first I've seen B&M use them. Coaster track doesn't really need them the same way buildings and bridges do. Typically the columns will shift in or out to compensate for expansion. The track crosses a roadway at that point, I am wondering if the structure couldn't handle floating two sections of track, so they incorporated two columns next to each other. The eliminate having too stiff of a structure, they let both columns act independently and compensated the movement with an expansion joint.

Here is how Vekoma dealt with a similar scenario on Booster Bike at Toverland. This is just before the brake run. They no doubt are keeping the brake load out of the rest of the structure.
    So what you're saying is that it's not a consequential "go back and fix" scenario, but instead there from the start? I guess that makes sense to keep the structures have a little more play in them to reduce whatever stresses could come about from having it all pinned together in a circuit.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

While looking at this chinese knock-off motorbike POV I totally forgot about it beeing a mounted one!

The expansion joint is quite interresting, I wonder why some few coasters need them while the great majority of coasters don't seem to need something like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Now the question is: Does the knock-off motorbike have the same expansion joint as Booster Bike? lol

In the same park as that moto-coaster, the park also has a coaster with knock-off Mack spinning wagons (while a real Mack was build in the same time some feet aways! Those guys have balls!!)

And I noticed how the chinese knock-off companies copied their models with a ridiculous accuracy. I mean, they do everything that is on the real one, even if they don't know/don't bother was is it for. Look at the little things around the headrest, those are the speakers on the Mack! I really doubt there is sound here, yet they copied the shape... Duh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014

If only they put that much effort into the trackwork.
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane

The trackwork looks like a manufacturing issue. Every track joint (again) has flat spots in and out.

The knock-off booster bike does not have the slip joints in the track like the Vekoma does. Booster Bike has them before the launch and before the brakes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

Posted By: KingRCT3Never seen that before (maybe you guys did and I'm a slowpoke here), but it definitely belongs to the WTF thread, especially coming from B&M!

Happy Valley
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane

Again, right before the brake run. It most likely has to do with the arch before, weight of the train, and velocity into the brakes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2014

North Korea....WTF are you doing?

10383824_10152565530651874_2339720813134846059_o
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

So THAT'S why Asian coasters have catwalks...
    I'm not sure I get what is going on in that picture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

^Tour of the coasters via it's many catwalks by the looks of it...
    Perhaps one of North Koreas notorious power cuts happened, and because pictures were being taken, the people were ordered to simply walk around the ride instead, to show that people CAN have fun in North Korea. Yay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014

Only Kim Jung Un can ride in the train.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Judging by the Reddit thread that image was posted in, there is one of 2 explanations.
    1. repainting
    2. North Korea are trying to show to tour group that they are normal and are having "fun" on a roller coaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

•  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2014 edited

Loose Article Net the Ride

image(s) resized, exceeds max width as per forum rules -staff
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2014

Poor Thunder Dolphin
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014

At least

they're not catwalks
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2014

I thought that Thunder Dolphin was SBNO. Is it operating again now?
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2014

^According to rcdb it's operating since 8/1/2013.
    DC's Ken Blocks is an incredible driver. He rips up Universal Studios Hollywood and at one point you see Jaws the Ride, all of the Back Lot, etc. It's just amazing to watch with a nice plug for Epic Meal Time in there too.

Watch now

Latest video? I remember seeing that at least a year ago. It's really cool though, I'm definitely a fan. He should do other theme parks
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2014

Oh dear, another knock-off SLC. This is a really interesting one, the first drop is completely differently shaped with a pre-drop and the "airtime" hill has some small twists in it. Overall the track seems better (less terrible that is) shaped than some of the others, but the trains still seems to shake an awful lot, I guess due to inaccurate track manufacturing.

Youtube link

Seriously, how many different versions of this layout are there now??
    Well. That... vaguely resembles a rollercoaster.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2014

To be completely honest, it kinda amazes me how they manage to screw up such a simple layout so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

^^^ At least 6 Version
    ·SBL Prototype (Shenzhou Coaster at Shijinshan Amusement Park)
    ·SBL 2nd Generation (For Example:Suspended Coaster at Hangzhou Paradise)\
    ·SBL 3rd Generation (Example: Five Tigers Island and Hotgo Park
    `Jiuhua Standard ( in Video )
    `Golden Horse (Mirrored Vekoma which often appears in Fantawild Adventure)
    `Hebei Zhongye (That mysterous sidewinder shaping one )
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Goliath (yes, the new hybrid at SFGA) failed the tunnel test..!

lol