Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This might have been posted already , but...

Here is an offride video
    Having ridden that, it's actually kinda fun Other than the massive jink between the track pieces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2016

The trains for Star Ripper are even more special

^Is that how the harnesses are going to be???
    No. the wrapping is only for keeping the sand dummys more secure for testing
    Ok, makes much more sense
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Hasn't america stopped using old style sand dummys for coaster testing like a decade ago? Now i seem to see pics using plastic water filled dummys these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Yes but this is China, anything goes.

I think cedar creek mine ride still uses sand bags.
    Roller Coaster at Lagoon starts off getting ready with sandbags then they switch to employees riding lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

Gemini also sandbags. That's what the large purple bins on the platform contain. They can be annoying but apparently water dummies are so much worse.
    Are we all going to ignore the fact that they are two car trains?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2016

Back when Cobra's Curse was in testing, they had both water dummies and sandbags in the seats. I remember watching test runs and noticing that. Not sure why they used both.
    Posted By: OreosAreRoundAre we all going to ignore the fact that they are two car trains?

Just when I thought RCT only had 2-car Corkscrew trains.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2016

It's WTF but it almost makes sense given the shaping and size of those loops. A long train would likely be even more brutal.

•  
      CommentAuthorelement 115
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016 edited

^ Imagine if someone was sick in one of those cages. It would be absolute chaos to everyone inside.

Not the best of ideas, to be honest.
    I would love to have a go on that
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016 edited

I saw one like this at a fair and wanted to giv it a try, but it was closed!
    It's the kind of thing that looks so wrong on so many levels, but you want to try it anyway. Stand-up airtime with no restraints!

(I'd definitely wait for it to be less crowded than that, tho)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016

Looks like Anaconda is green now

not a fan of the track and supports being the same shade, supports should have been done darker imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I liked its original color scheme best, but at least this looks better than the orange
    ^Yea, doesn't look TOO terrible...
    ^^Wut. The orange looked waaaaaaaaaaaay better. (original was the best of course)
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I've always thought the orange was hideous, and green also happens to be my favorite color.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

It's way to bright in my opinion. I do like the color, just not its brightness.
    • CommentAuthormwmayerle

Should have left the track orange and just painted the supports lol. I do miss the pink track, it looked extremely good there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2016

https://gyazo.com/dccaea59119f905d6435cf246a3fe01f
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2016

That physically hurt to read

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2016

That's one funky "lift hill"...:

Orient Express - Funworld Game Center

(you're lucky I won't pick this one for the Guess The Coaster thread)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2016 edited

Turkmenistan now has the world's largest enclosed ferris wheel.

I don't see the point of enclosing a ferris wheel, but it looks kinda cool.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2016

^Yea my thoughts too. Not a fan of Ferris Wheels, but this looks very cool and would totally make for a great theme park design.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azQZPwDVvKM&feature=player_embedded

Not sure if this has been posted, but holy shit Schwarzkopf.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2017

That looks lame and very tame. I think Ring Of Fire Rides are way more intense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2017 edited

^^ The hangtime looks awesome, tho.

In France we had one at OK Corral, and because of reasons, they only put one car out of two:

Sorry, Mr. Schwarkopft...

-

From the suggestions of the Death Train video, here's a... flat-ride playground? Togo, you gotta check that!

(Edit: Oh, and that's one weird "coaster")
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017

How to improve the capacity of your wild-mouse:

Wild Mouse - Magic Land
    ^^ There was also one in Mirabilandia, Italy. It was the new ride for the 2006 season but it actually had very big problems and operated for only one month and a half, and then it was removed at the end of the season. Moreover, the ride cycle was one half loop forward, one half backwards and then two full loops forward. No full loop backwards.

It was called Katapult, here's a pov:

https://youtu.be/lm1cM_kUEJA
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2017

Here is an offride from the same ride :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rls0LtvNcz4
    I was "lucky" enough to be at the park in the short time Katapult operated and so i was able to ride it. It was not a bad ride honestly, but due to the multiple restraints it had (one OTSR, one lap bar and then one belt to connect the lap bar to the seat) the loading procedure was very long and so also the line, so it was not good for a medium-big park like Mirabilandia.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017 edited

Has this been posted?
    Rollercoaster Dreams

I think I found the worst BEST rollercoaster game known to man kind. Came out last month, so hype to waste spend 20 dollars on it!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017

Still better than RCTW
    ^^ It's by the guys who made Rollercoaster World 14 years ago (you might have already known that, especially if you saw my comment on that video which is almost identical to this post :P). Looks like they literally just updated the graphics slightly.

I mean, Rollercoaster World was bad for 2004, so releasing that in 2017 is insane.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017

The current state of the track on Coaster Express at Parque Warner (currently undergoing a retrack)
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Oh my lord. Who's the retrack being done by?
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane

Dry rot from the heat...

I've certainly seen worse, but at least someone is doing some maintenance on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017 edited

You know that would surprise me if that was any manufacturer but RCCA.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^I'm *fairly* certain that it doesn't have much to do with the manufacturer. That's just kinda the way wood acts when exposed to the elements.

I think most wooden coasters just receive more routine maintenance so the track never really has the opportunity to rot this badly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^Oh nonono, if it's a certain manufacturer someone doesn't like then it MUST be their fault!
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

Well that was definitely built by RCCA, who as we know made a handful of crap coasters from the early 90s to the early 2000s. They went on cheap for a lot of their rides when it came to construction; which is led to them becoming fairly rough quickly. Most good parks kind of figured that out quickly and tried to fix them up as best as they could. Half of their rides don't even exist any more. I would say sucks, but not in their case. Going back to the picture that is most likely from the exposed elements. It seems most wooden companies have not really been able to solve the problem of hot humid temperatures. California and Florida are good examples of that. This is just a rather more extreme case of that. Such a shame, but hopefully who ever is doing the re-furb can fix it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017 edited

@ Inkyz
    The park didn't say, they just announced that it would be undergoing maintenance this off season. My first thought would have been GCI since they've done work on it in the past, but AyTrane's "glad someone is working on it" comment makes it unlikely.