Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2017

Motocoaster from Beijing Jiuhua Amusement Rides Manufacturing Co., Ltd. @ Visionland ?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Dude gets hit by a bird @ Ferrari world's Red Force
    VIDEO
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

It's trying too hard to be like Kingda Ka
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Should have been Fabio
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Sorry, but I never laughed this much at a bird.
    I hope the tag line gets changed to "Challenge the bird"
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

wow, that did not take long at all.
    Has there been any bird incidents with TTD around opening? If so maybe it's customary intamin practice to celebrate the opening of a new "Strata" with a bird strike lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2017 edited

Getting hit by a bird or loose parts from other riders are the only things I'm really kind of afraid of when riding coasters or rides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2017 edited

^ Like a hat:

Edit: Source
    •  
      CommentAuthorTijjer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2017

I feel bad for laughing way to hard about that guy being hit with that bird. Also can anyone cite the original source of that video?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2017 edited

Man, I love that there just happens to be a camera mounted in the exact row of the person hit by a bird every f*cking time...
    Edit: or other accidents in general, such as the Xcelerator cable snap
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2017

Another accident... This time the worst was avoided, but man that's not okay... It freaks me out. It happened in France: A strap snaps (?) and she's left dangling by her feet. For once it's not a clickbait....
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Bloody hell! if the cable bounced a little bit lower, she would have hit her face straight into the platform.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Holy shit that was close to the platform. She is super lucky, if it was literally any lower she'd be dead. Like Verruckt level dead.
    Christ... They really shouldn't be swinging that close to the platform in the first place. It's a miracle she didn't get seriously injured or die.

This reminds me of a story of my own regarding a SkyCoaster! It might have been about ten years ago at Six Flags Over Texas. My brother and I were about to ride their SkyCoaster together. They were operating both sides, and the attendants were actually racing each other for who could get the guests strapped in and ready to go first. I believe our side won, so we were the first to be raised up. We got all the way to the top, and when my brother tried to release the ripcord... it wouldn't budge. We were stuck there just yelling to the attendants that it wouldn't work. So they lowered us back down, re-did our harnesses, and then we had a successful ride.

I believe that was my first time on it as well lmao.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Holy...!
    She really had a TON of luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^^Similar actually happened the second time I rode the Skycoaster that was at NE (before it was replaced with the Skyscreamer) I pulled the cord, and I assume it got lodged in the suit somehow because it was jamming / not letting me pull it far enough. Nothing was more terrifying than struggling with the ripcord at around 150+ft waiting to eventually fall LOL. Took about 10 seconds before I could get it to rip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017

Zhipao SLC Running pics (Lots of)

https://www.meipian.cn/cls8eiq?from=weibo
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017

Man being thrown out of Krater, a Gerstlauer Eurofigther with lap-bars only.
    The man was described as disabled. It makes me think of that US veteran who had been thrown out of a Ride of Steel a few years ago. Did he had no functioning legs?...
    In they article the explicitly state there was no failure of the equipment as they operate within the regulations of the manufacturer. So essentially the restraint functioned properly, but due to some other circumstances the rider did not remain secured in the train. Basically this one comes down to human error, as with almost all coaster incidents.
    was the man in question overweight? Sounds like it could be the New Texas Giant all over again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2017 edited

No, it has been stated he was amputated.

-

I wonder how many dark-rides China has that we haven't heard about... Here is another one I found on Youku, a screen-based ride. The animations and sets are ok-ish, but it's the length I'm more amazed by. It's ten minutes long! Imagine a Spiderman-like be the length of a POTC... That's awesome.

??
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017 edited

^ That's a SAT Rides/Sunkid train on the Boomerang, Prater. It has a (non-padded) lap-bar only. I tested EqWalizer at Walibi Rhône-Alpes which got the same train, and it's pretty cool actually! During all the forward trip, I didn't touched the lap-bar at all. It's a pretty fun experience.

-

Meanwhile at Hirakata Park in Japan...

"Starting next week, the park will be offering a chance to participate in what it’s calling “new-style flash mobs,” in which you play out a scene that starts when park employees suddenly approach you and start the scenario.

For example, you and your girlfriend could be strolling through the park, arm in arm on a blissful date, when some yankii-style thugs roll up and try to snatch her away, as shown in the video below."

See the video!

Here are the four possible scenarii:

● Protect your beloved, who’s about to be dragged off by a pair of thugs! Your sweetheart will be totally impressed!
    ● A bomb is about to explode! Time is running out! The only one who can stop it is you!
    ● A member of the opposite sex comes running up, you crash into each other, and…what’s this? You’ve switched bodies! Could this be…the beginning of love?!?
    ● The doctor is ready to give up. The situation is desperate. But now, a miracle is about to happen thanks to your rare blood type.

"While the flash mob scenarios are designed to let you feel like a hero (or perhaps like the stars of anime hit Your Name, in the case of the body-swapping option), the whole thing is being presented in a very tongue-in-cheek manner, right down to the exaggerated delivery of the dialogue in the preview video. Rather than a legitimate deception, the whole thing is intended to be a fun, and funny surprise, and Hirakata Park recommends keeping the plan a secret from your date, friends, or family that you’re going to the park with."

Read more

I think it's awesome! It's a kind of light role-play, and I can definitely see Disney pull something similar with Star Wars Land (they definitely want to have interactivity with guests and the storyline.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2017 edited

Look at that waterslide:

On the left.

I love its design. It looks like a coaster. And funny enough, you start by diving (toward the sea, woohoo) at the deepest part of the slide, then cross the first section by going above it, and finally reach the end which is again a bit higher. Very unusual! Of course, there are safety doors at each valley.

That boat, called Norwegian Joy, also features a race track, because why not:

i love those aqua loop slides, they are actually quite forceful and the trapdoor drop is brilliant. Really cool to see one added to a ship like that. (Still waiting for a coaster on a cruise ship though...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2017 edited

Togo... is this you?

https://gyazo.com/00f1148962db546e419697cf94d7e2ff

http://www.1chan.net/rail/res/3773.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2017 edited

Here are some pictures of the abandoned SBL test knockoff Volare. Someone decided to do a modelling shoot there for some reason.

i really hope no human (or animal) ever rode that thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2017

I've ridden one. Awful. Never again, not even for the credit.
    The real volare or a knock off as pictured above.
    • CommentAuthorStevenX

The real Volare is bad enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Oh man does the real one hurt a lot, even when brand new. I can't imagine what that turd of a copy feels like.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Anyone heard of this chines knockoff company that makes very neat and very compact looking spinning coasters?

https://rcdb.com/14952.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2017

Posted By: TIMxVDxSTEENThe real volare or a knock off as pictured above.

Real one. No way a knockoff could be that much worse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2017

So if you remember the clearance failure that Apocalypse at Six Flags America used to have coming off the old midcourse, apparently the park finally decided to do something about it after being at the park for 5 years already...
    For some reason, they also chose to fix it in a slightly different way than you might expect:
    https://gyazo.com/07d6ff48d2a0297f19a0660fcfdd5a8c
    https://gyazo.com/f55eaa1316668d450c4b440feca4839f
    basically they just took another support tube and stuck it to the side of the old one with rubber bands before cutting the original one out...
    also on another part of the ride that i didn't know failed clearance:
    https://gyazo.com/6e0b3d42266b8dca986ce0d68ea78734
    they just sorta cut the beam in half and stapled a square piece of metal to the other side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Well that's sketchy
    That's Six Flags America for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I don't think it's nearly as sketchy as it looks, but surely weird.

I can see where they're coming from though, why replace an entire support structure when only a segment of it needs fixing?
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad

Posted By: NemesisRiderThat's Six Flags America for you.

FIFY
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetaCoasters
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2017 edited

Another hint from Tom lmao
    Not the first time tom has dropped hints about the RMC update, but good to see it might finally be releasing
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2017

Yeah, it's not the first time, haha. I'll be hyped the day they actually come out. =)
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^This, x1,000,000,000. Teases from the dev team don't mean much
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Well, what does "not too distant future" mean? A few months?
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

We don't know. That's exactly why teases from the dev team don't mean much. It could be weeks, it could be months, or it could be years. Or in the case of the Mac update, soon could also mean never.

I understand why their teases are so vague, especially when it comes to timelines, I'm just saying that "soon" doesn't mean much in NL2 time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017

Here's a freefall under construction at Global 100 park...

... and it got a three-story tall gondola.

O.o
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

WOW, is it safe ?

I still wonder these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

What is the point (besides capacity) of having a three story gondola exactly??