Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2017

Motocoaster from Beijing Jiuhua Amusement Rides Manufacturing Co., Ltd. @ Visionland ?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Dude gets hit by a bird @ Ferrari world's Red Force
    VIDEO
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

It's trying too hard to be like Kingda Ka
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Should have been Fabio
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Sorry, but I never laughed this much at a bird.
    I hope the tag line gets changed to "Challenge the bird"
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

wow, that did not take long at all.
    Has there been any bird incidents with TTD around opening? If so maybe it's customary intamin practice to celebrate the opening of a new "Strata" with a bird strike lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2017 edited

Getting hit by a bird or loose parts from other riders are the only things I'm really kind of afraid of when riding coasters or rides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2017 edited

^ Like a hat:

Edit: Source
    •  
      CommentAuthorTijjer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2017

I feel bad for laughing way to hard about that guy being hit with that bird. Also can anyone cite the original source of that video?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2017 edited

Man, I love that there just happens to be a camera mounted in the exact row of the person hit by a bird every f*cking time...
    Edit: or other accidents in general, such as the Xcelerator cable snap
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2017

Another accident... This time the worst was avoided, but man that's not okay... It freaks me out. It happened in France: A strap snaps (?) and she's left dangling by her feet. For once it's not a clickbait....
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Bloody hell! if the cable bounced a little bit lower, she would have hit her face straight into the platform.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Holy shit that was close to the platform. She is super lucky, if it was literally any lower she'd be dead. Like Verruckt level dead.
    Christ... They really shouldn't be swinging that close to the platform in the first place. It's a miracle she didn't get seriously injured or die.

This reminds me of a story of my own regarding a SkyCoaster! It might have been about ten years ago at Six Flags Over Texas. My brother and I were about to ride their SkyCoaster together. They were operating both sides, and the attendants were actually racing each other for who could get the guests strapped in and ready to go first. I believe our side won, so we were the first to be raised up. We got all the way to the top, and when my brother tried to release the ripcord... it wouldn't budge. We were stuck there just yelling to the attendants that it wouldn't work. So they lowered us back down, re-did our harnesses, and then we had a successful ride.

I believe that was my first time on it as well lmao.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Holy...!
    She really had a TON of luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^^Similar actually happened the second time I rode the Skycoaster that was at NE (before it was replaced with the Skyscreamer) I pulled the cord, and I assume it got lodged in the suit somehow because it was jamming / not letting me pull it far enough. Nothing was more terrifying than struggling with the ripcord at around 150+ft waiting to eventually fall LOL. Took about 10 seconds before I could get it to rip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017

Zhipao SLC Running pics (Lots of)

https://www.meipian.cn/cls8eiq?from=weibo
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017

Man being thrown out of Krater, a Gerstlauer Eurofigther with lap-bars only.
    The man was described as disabled. It makes me think of that US veteran who had been thrown out of a Ride of Steel a few years ago. Did he had no functioning legs?...
    In they article the explicitly state there was no failure of the equipment as they operate within the regulations of the manufacturer. So essentially the restraint functioned properly, but due to some other circumstances the rider did not remain secured in the train. Basically this one comes down to human error, as with almost all coaster incidents.
    was the man in question overweight? Sounds like it could be the New Texas Giant all over again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

No, it has been stated he was amputated.

-

I wonder how many dark-rides China has that we haven't heard about... Here is another one I found on Youku, a screen-based ride. The animations and sets are ok-ish, but it's the length I'm more amazed by. It's ten minutes long! Imagine a Spiderman-like be the length of a POTC... That's awesome.