Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

depends who is making it, if its some random Chinese company then its probably a death trap lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017

It looks like Moser
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017

It's very possible, as this has been attempted (and succeeded) with on the Trocadero tower:

Click for video
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2017

In France we don't need le RCS.

In France we erect coasters with le stepladder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017 edited

Thierry Coup talks about Universal Orlando and its famous rides... which are, according to the automatic subtitles:

Transformers the Right Sweetie

Nicole Island the Rate of Kong

-

Can you believe it, Pax actually made a real good, sturdy-looking coaster in 2013:

The train is really gorgeous, and reminds me of Lech Coaster.

Here's an offride video, as well as a lower quality edit with on-ride glimpses.

Wait, what are you doing down there, Igor sir?

Oh, maybe he is fixing that teeny-weeny problem...

Edit: This other Pax creation is quite funky as well. Look at that darn pre-drop turn.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017

How can you do something for so long and never get better at it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex

^ I've been using NoLimits for over a decade, and I'm terrible at it.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

This coaster was only for 2 months in operation according to RCDB

https://rcdb.com/12906.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

That first one actually looks really fun though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

I not rode it myself for now, but this Pax coaster has been quite often mentioned as rather good.
    ^^^^^^ King, at Lagoon their Jet Star sits on wooden blocks and every two hours we had to go and pound them back into place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Oh wow, every two hours is a lot...

^^ I rode it, it is was indeed pretty cool. It's jerky as heck, but the airtime is awesome. Hence why my relationship with Pax is tedious. On one side, all the Pax coasters I rode were violent, but actually good as well. They all got airtime, and not the mild one. Furthermore, Cobra at Connyland is original and thrilling.
    But their manufacturing quality is awful, borderline lethal... I mean, I can't accept that.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017

^So it's basically Vekoma all over again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Well, yes but nah at the same time.
    Old Vekoma loopers had little to no fun in them in my opinion. The smoothest ones were just okay at best (with notable exceptions like the GIB).

Pax coasters on the other hand are REALLY fun to ride. Sometimes for the wrong reasons, tho, but you never get out of them like "meh, +1". Maybe you got two ribs that are gone, but that's worth it and you never fail to laugh (in tears) and wonder what the heck you've just experienced.
    And although Vekoma's trackwork was pretty terrible, their manufacturing quality was always good. You have to see this to understand what I mean with "lethal quality"!
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

I was at Fantasiana with ECC back in 2005 (when the park was called Erlebnispark Strasswalchen). I think I got close to 40 rides on Wild Train that day. The only time of the day the ride had a line was when we had exclusive ride time after park closure lol! Such a fun, insane ride! The next day I had a massive bruise on my left thigh from the entry to the 270 degree right-hand turn towards the end of the ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2017 edited

Everything about this knockoff Maurer SkyLoop is god-awful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2017

Too bad they didn't knockoff the restraints properly

^^I think it's beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2017 edited

Y'all remember that little thing with the website that was poking fun at Playland's Castaway Cove about GaleForce being a year overdue?

WELL HOW ABOUT UNIVERSAL('s social media manager) ABSOLUTELY DESTROYING TWO INTERNATIONAL THEME PARK CHAINS

im crying this is beautiful
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Awesome. Completely destroyed, but in a funny way.
    Hahahaha I love it
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

SAVAGE!!!
    Ugh that just pains me because the Kia ads on El Toro pain me so much, all the train wraps at Six flags look so tacky
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2017 edited

Remember when Joker's Jinx valleyed back in April? Well here's why

I want that wheel
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2017

Oh wow, did an object on the track hit that wheels? It looks like there's an impact.
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017

Hard to say without seeing the side friction and up-stop wheels, which if there was impact, would most likely be damaged too.

If only the running wheel was damaged, that could imply a failure with the axle or wheel bearings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

To me, it looks as if the failure was in the tread of the wheel. It seems that the polyurethane delaminated from the wheel or cracked and became wedged between the wheel and rail. The friction is probably what made that dent in the tread and caused the train to stop. If that was the case, it is probably on the park for not replacing the wheels often enough.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017 edited

Or maybe a big gap between rails and transfer / rails and station ?

Here :

As I have seen myself, if it was a wheel bearing that seized up the urethane would be completely chewed up on one side of the wheel. Imagine the entire wheel looking okay, but one side being shaped to the rail and the aluminum wheel being eaten as well... Urethane wheels have a time of which they need to sit and cure before they can be used. This does not appear to be the case as those wheels typically look like they've been through a paper spreader.It seems as if the urethane failed to adhere to the aluminum surface of the wheel and as a result caused this specific failure. Don't take my word for it since I'm not a mechanic at SF but it looks to be the case haha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

•  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

WOW. UK theme park news is atrocious. I'm sorry for those who have to deal with this on a regular basis; I can't even stand US coaster "breaking news."
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017 edited

Hey so... If we could not steal each other's rides and take credit for them, that'd be nice. We're a small community, the least we can do is put out original content, or give credit where it's due.

https://gyazo.com/cf8817bb47dd1d958f76395702c820db

To explain, this is a carbon copy of my Burnout coaster, showing off my idea for the Flying Railgun Launch. Even the layout is the same :/
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

I did make this my self , looking at your pictures in your tread.

I don't have steam so i can't download your version.

I have worked on my version for abt 2 and a half week.

This a Vekoma version. I believed yours was a B&M Flyer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017

"The coaster which is billed as the tallest and the fastest in the country."
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

@MrRC did you cite TheBeatles for your inspiration? give credit where it is due; otherwise, it is plagiarism. nobody likes putting in creative work only for it to be copied as an original with no link, connection, or reference to the original content.

edit: sorry for double post
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Posted By: skyasaurus@MrRC did you cite TheBeatles for your inspiration? give credit where it is due; otherwise, it is plagiarism. nobody likes putting in creative work only for it to be copied as an original with no link, connection, or reference to the original content.

edit: sorry for double post

It has been adjusted and put his name in for my insparation.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

https://gyazo.com/cf8817bb47dd1d958f76395702c820db

• CommentAuthorJAKool

Why don't you just make your own layout? What I'm understanding here is that you wanted to ride Burnout so badly that you just recreated it for yourself? Take the concept and put your own spin on it (with credit) if you want but don't just recreate someone else's ride. Even if you do, don't put it up for public release. People can just download the actual one so there's no need for your version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017

https://youtu.be/0tc-10jLiLw This waste of space.... Hopefully electric eel will make the areas retheme worth it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017

Agreed ^
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2017 edited

Why can't we get more of those launched waterslide? The fact it uses the same siren as the S&S compressed-air launch coasters cracks me up as well.

Wow it actually managed to run two rafts in a row without braking down. Impressive.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017

So remember that park in Russia with the Blue Fire clone themed to a meat factory? Well it seems their new Intamin 10 inversion coaster will have a similar name.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

What the hell?

What the heck?
    What the
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

Oh for Christ's sake don't start this again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

If this becomes something I deeply apologize...
    • CommentAuthorDelay

I promise you,I wasn't involved in the naming of this ride.
    SARCASM