Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

Here's a somewhat bland dark-ride concept (using stock footage and such) from DOF Robotics, but seeing the vehicle at the end cracks me up. I can't really decide if it's sily or awesome.

They are also presenting a Flying Theater that can invert, because they can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2017 edited

In 1891, a french inventor planned a free-fall ride from the second floor of the Eiffel Tower... into a pool of water (shaped like a wine glass OF COURSE).

Source

A mix between a SCAD Tower, Sonic Boom and a splash ride, in hindsight.

It reminds me of this rather recent patent from Zamperla, Water amusement ride, which is a free fall making a splash.

We definitely calmed ourselves since the 1800's.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017 edited

A small park in china has this very odd kiddie ride. I want it make in NL2!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017

i need that in my life
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I could see some rich kid getting that in his backyard as a birthday present.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Great for Jamp Up Land?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017

• CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017 edited

I think they will remove the ride, its very unsafe when something like this happens.

EDIT : I was writing what i was saying in my head, i'm very sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^I highly doubt it, if anything they'll put seat-belts on it or something. There's no way the kiddo riding didn't inflict this to herself, not trying to be mean but come on! You sit on a bench, with a lapbar, and move along at turtle pace, the only way she could've fell out is if she was doing something stupid like leaning all the way out and slipping, or if she did something else similar to those lines causing her to slip out. You have to actively be doing something you're not supposed to in order for this scenario to happen. It's just like soarin, there's no restraints of any kind but that doesn't stop them from lifting you up 30+ feet in the air with no way to safely get down if you decide to lean over and endanger yourself.

Conclusion: Just because some kid puts themselves in danger doesn't immediately mean the ride is dangerous. And before everyone swarms me with "How can you be so cruel?!" I've ridden the skyride myself, same park, and like I said you have to actively be endangering yourself in order to slip out. It's the kids fault, not the parks.

Here's a quote from the article further proving my point here:

"Sheriff's investigators and park personnel inspected the ride and the car the teen was riding in and found everything was working properly and all safety equipment was intact and operational at the time of the incident.
    "This morning, the N.Y. State Department of Labor has cleared the ride for operation," said Rebecca Wood, Great Escape's director of marketing & sales"

There's no way the kiddo didn't inflict it on herself, the ride isn't going to be torn down.

EDIT: TL;DR, Saying they'll take down this ride because of this accident is like saying they'll recall a whole series of vehicles because a kid wasn't paying attention when crossing the road.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Soarin' has seatbelts.

But yeah, I agree with your point and they should remove all chairlifts if they think those are unsafe... There are even old chairlifts in the US without any bar, just a flying bench.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^What did the kid do, though?
    something something darwin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^^^Oops! My bad, I forgot it was just the crotch-strap that was optional for younger kids. But that aside I believe my point still stands.

^^How am I supposed to know? I wasn't there to see it, but there's no way she could've just slipped out by sitting properly and enjoying the view.
    ^ I used to operate a similar chair and simple bar restraint sky ride at Lagoon and I agree with Mrcolly she did this to herself.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017

One group on facebook said there were witnesses saying she was purposely trying to kick tree branches. The only way to do that is to lean back in your seat to get the furthest amount of leg space, therefore causing her to slip out of the lap bar. #darwinismatitsfinest
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2017 edited

Who made this ride?

Huss?

Plus this rare 1970s Vertigo ride?

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2017

I love that to no end
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017

^^Excellent motion simulator prototype.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017 edited

Me being upside down without touching the restraint (it can only lock at this point, so yes, it is "closed" there):

In the centrifugal force we trust!
    lmao why even have a restraint at all at that point... what is the minimum height limit to ride it btw? i can picture many children being able to just climb out of that thing if they wanted to
    ^^ *centripetal. That may have triggered a few physicists :P
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017

What coaster is that? Tic Tack Tornado?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017

It's called Tornado now, but yup that's this one, the Soquet at Legendia. It's only a hundred meters away from the sleek modern Lech Coaster...

The minimum height limit is 1.40m (4'5)...

^^ I hesitated between the two, but a true physicist will say it's the same thing and it just depend of your referencial. ;p Centrifugal is just more commonly understood.
    is this the only example of a single position ostr
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster

The Twin Looper had those restraints at the now defunct American Adventure.

FUN FACT: at some point they had cut out the second to last row on the train and bodge welded it back onto the train facing backwards instead haha.

You can see a picture here, I'm not sure how to link the image from RCDB anymore:

CLICK ME

FUN FACT TWO: Other than the two loops, the remainder of the ride is just a series of right hand turns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Those two rides are the same model as Tornado also only got right-hand turns, and even the backward row:

Is it better backward? No. The first drop hurts.

If you squinch a bit, it looks like the train of Helix.

You go through the maintenance barn on the final brake wall run. Note the high-tech device to transport carts, on the ground.
    I just looked.. it is in fact the same coaster! Can't believe someone bought it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Oh wow, Legendia bought it in... 2007! It looks like it has been rotting there for ever...

Also the automatic gates don't work anymore, so you go to the train through a little gate at the front end of the platform, that the employee manually opens:

Next year, Legendia will revamp this whole area with a new theme. I'm not sure if they'll keep this ride (even tho they seem to like keeping their classics, and that's awesome - but not here)... The two days I was there, it was closed during the morning for "technical difficulties"...
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017

^Closing for technical difficulties might be more routine than abnormal on that "thing"
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Are the two Zyklon coasters they have exact clones of each other? Seems weird to have two of the exact same model coaster in the same park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

No, one is smaller than the other IIRC
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017 edited

I don't know the height and lenght, but one has a lift hill on a side, while the other has a lift hill that crosses the layout.

By the way, the Soquet coaster... It has not headrest (or at least it's too small for me) which is a bit daunting for a coaster with vertical loops...
    Wasn't this the same model which was also at Lightwater Valley?
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017

appears so
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017

This backyard metal and wood coaster look very rough and has a jetcoaster slow lift chain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTTM6WuqDkI&t=107s
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2017

Beston is really about quality and durability:

^Oh no, those are China years. It's much more like 30-50 United States years.

I tried a joke. Was it funny? Probably not...

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2017

Can this ride be made in NL2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNXOYbBEJtg
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

• CommentAuthorJAKool

yes
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

absolutely
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can someone make this in NL? i will use it in Jamp Up Land for sure!
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017 edited

**NSFL Warning**

OSU Ride Malfunction

There's a video of a KMG Afterburner losing a seat and people falling out. HOLY SHIT
    ^ Omg that was horrific.....
    I can't make out for the life of me what happened in that video. It sounds like there was a collision of some description, but that video is definitely NSFL.

This is why we don't trust funfair rides that pass their safety inspections within an inch of their tolerances, kids!
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke

^I've heard a few different speculations thrown out.

1. The floor that drops was accidentally raised mid cycle and as the leading car on the downward swing is the one that broke off

2. Metal Fatigue, there are photos of the arm that sheered and it didn't break at the joints, literally just metal was sheered in "half"

3. Apparently witnesses that were next in line said that the restraints came undone and people were starting to fall out so the operator Estopped it, and the force from the Estop ripped the arm off (not likely I don't think)

:/

Still freaky because IT at Wildwood is KMG with lapbars, and it's my favorite flatride ever.

BUT KMG released this email

and doing research the Ohio State Fair Afterburner was 15 years old, and it seems that the newer Afterburners aren't affected in this as the serials only go from 1-39.
    I have a feeling it was more likely a mix of poor safety check standards and also the fact the ride probably hasn't been taken care of by the showmen that much, something like this literally should not happen at all
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017

Thy release the inspection sheet (right click -> apply clockwise rotation).

It's definitely not the floor (it would have suffered more than the gondola), but more probably metal fatigue...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Posted By: Instant MixThis is why we don't trust funfair rides that pass their safety inspections within an inch of their tolerances, kids!
    Yeah, a certainly very qualified expert comment from someone who must for sure know what was the cause.