Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017

...and he has no clue what happened there... That's scary. To see a primary restraint failure and I doubt anybody noticed. I wonder how many people they put in that seat not realizing the restraint wasn't working and just the belt was keeping them in...

apparently checking the restraints before launch is not a thing, seems like some knockoff tower so its probably normal lmao
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^^ He even did multiple runs in this seat (at least two in the video).

You can see the ride operator checking the belt before the dispatch... What if... What if the belt is actually the primary locking system? The OTSR might just be a dead weight, and the girl is holding tighter.
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

That does not instill any more confidence for me. Those buckles can easily get snagged on a cuff or something and release. If that's the primary and only restraint, that ride is a ticking timebomb waiting to throw someone. Ugh...I love riding rides, but this is why I stay away from those that are either sketchily designed or maintained.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Oh sure, it's even worse to me if it's the case.
    ^Looking at the parks coaster, this would not surprise me at all...

https://gyazo.com/bb86dee49022f0bb7f8a55830df9a0aa

Look at this masterpiece!

https://gyazo.com/8841d7eed8f1770f0a80f6283f91312d
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

It's not as good as their other coaster that never opened

OH that was there too lmao. yeah that park is a death trap.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

They probably also had plans for a Euthanasia Coaster.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2017 edited

Dafuq is that dip? That looks painful.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2017 edited

Its just before the station, i assume the speed is not that great.

U can see in this onride :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJk7n0Sx0yw
    Just look at these brake fins, haven't seen this kind of "drop down system on intamin brake fins before.

https://youtu.be/0X87qk2wKGc?t=75
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2017 edited

Intamin has been using that drop mechanism on a lot of their newer products. (See: Flying Aces, Coaster Through the Clouds, Juvelen, Wave Breaker, Nefeskesen, iSpeed, Altair, Euro Express, Skyrush, Cheetah Hunt, etc). The new mechanism looks like it uses fewer moving parts and would require less maintenance than the older sliding fins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

Going back to the shot tower seatbelt-restraint discussion, I've only just caught up on this thread, but I'm very confident that unless the park has a SERIOUS case of neglect, they wouldn't rely on the seatbelt as a primary locking system. From knowing people trained on B&Ms (Nemesis, Oblivion), the seatbelts are 100% not a restraint system and are instead referred to as a 'comfort arrangement'. It's been proven that in the case of restraint failure, the seatbelts are not capable of keeping them in place, and will eventually fail after so many restraint failure occurrences.

Of course, B&Ms don't USUALLY have the problem of restraint failures, so there's not much to worry about there. And that's why seatbelts are replaced. Or seats are put out of action when the seatbelts have frayed or failed.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2017

@ jpaufsc

Taron does use them also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ I don't believe Taron does. Taron still has the vertically dropping fins.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^Still no. Taron uses the fins that drop vertically for the trims as well. The same style that are on Soaring With Dragon.