Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013 edited

Well folks, this is definitely going to be my last NL1 project before NL2 comes out. After looking back of my five years of being a member on the exchange, I want to make a "5th anniversary" project, and that is going to be yet another Bizarro @ SFNE recreation. This time, it will be fully complete with railings, rides, booths, pathways, signage, trashcans, lampposts, track sensors, support flanges, and some other goodies! By the time I finish this project, NL2 will probably be out already, but who cares? I always wanted to make a complete replica of this ride, but I never had the powerful enough computer to do so. That being said, I am going to study mechanical engineering in college, so I will get a VERY decent laptop that has a quad-core i7, Nvidia Quadro K1000m graphics, 8gb of 1600mhz ram, and a large hard drive. All this should handle 3DS Max 2014 with no problem, let alone making the WHOLE park will be not even be a chore for my laptop! Here are some pictures of the finished layout and supports. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PREFABS ARE ONLY USED AS GUIDELINES!!! If any of you want to test ride, then give me your email address so I can send you the trackfile. Enjoy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

•  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

Mechanical Engineering? You could design rollercoasters with that degree!

I am looking forward to this project, it'll be a joy to ride when it's done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

I wish you good luck with this project! Luckily, I'm also going to get a new PC in the next days, so I'll be able to ride the finished coaster in its full glory. haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2013

It took a lot of time scaling the track and adjusting the lift settings afterwards, but here are two things that you Bizarro fans would be happy with!

BTW, the supports are still in progress, and don't expect them to be done anytime soon:(.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2013

Actually I see a flaw. In real life Bizzaro gets 170 fps. Sorry.
    ^lol. This looks like an amazing recreation! Can't wait to see it finished!
    :O

*bows down*
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Eee! Exciting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzrowny

Posted By: JAKoolActually I see a flaw. In real life Bizzaro gets 170 fps. Sorry.

Oh no that stat was just inflated for marketing. I measured it myself and it really is only 162 fps.

In seriousness, this looks amazing so far! Really want to ride it!
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane

3ds max 2014 uses a lot of resources. It is the first instance of max that I have seen be able to use more than one core of the processor, so at least it is more effisssient than previous versions. I just ran a render over the weekend that used well over 20gb of RAM. I would suggest getting more in your machine if possible.

The recreation looks nice, I look forward to riding it!
    Looking forward to this I basically know this ride inside and out. Nice to know you're finally finishing this and for once you can ride Bizarro without it braking down every half hour like it really does.
    ^Does it really break down all the time?!

Six Flags...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2013

Anybody drooling yet? Okay, maybe the progress is not quite there yet, but I am still workin' on it!

:drool:
    Posted By: CoolioJoe100^Does it really break down all the time?!

Six Flags...

yes, but at least its not like Goliath(Deja Vu) which always gets stuck at the bottom of the second tower and needs to be moved back which takes all day, oh and by the way the new trains aren't that different every time I go to SFNE its always broken all day -_-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013 edited

Here are three new pictures of the newly completed supports and the footers! Also, please tell me if the color of the stained rail is okay or not.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    The next update will contain the first tunnel as well as the start of the pathways.
    Is this a remake of your old recreation? It looks amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013

Posted By: Gorres CoastersIs this a remake of your old recreation? It looks amazing.

Well, it kinda is. I used the older one for reference, then just eliminated the laterals, improved the supports, and overall tried to make this one better than the rest.
    Is everything ground up, or you used some of the old terrain/track/supports?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Posted By: Gorres CoastersIs everything ground up, or you used some of the old terrain/track/supports?

Everything is ground up, my friend! Yeah, I am so happy to get this far!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I think the wear marks should be more gray. Looks awesome though!
    I hate to be that guy but, why did you eliminate the laterals?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Looks awesome, though the stained rails should be more subtle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Posted By: DC High HeatI hate to be that guy but, why did you eliminate the laterals?

Because on my lite version, a majority of the people who commented said that the real ride doesn't have laterals. I am now kind of confused about this, as you say there are laterals, while others say there aren't any. What should I do now? I swear that the shaping is nearly perfect, and I don't wan't to restart the track anymore, unless...
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Um, I'm pretty sure the real ride has laterals, and plenty of them. They're very noticeable, especially on the overbank and the final helices.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Posted By: bigjoe97Um, I'm pretty sure the real ride has laterals, and plenty of them. They're very noticeable, especially on the overbank and the final helices.

Thanks for your input! I guess I have to redo the track AGAIN, but at least I still have the G-force graph data on my laptop! Yeah, I found it by searching "Superman Ride of Steel Accident" on Google, then clicking on a PDF that lead me to the official state document! How cool is that?

http://www.masstort.org/Downloads/DPSreport.pdf
    Posted By: BirdNerd
    Because on my lite version, a majority of the people who commented said that the real ride doesn't have laterals.

Oh god, looks like you got some nletards for raters. Granted, I haven't downloaded the old track (I'm on my phone) so they could be addressing that you had too much lats, but it doesn't look like it. One guy said he held recreations to "the highest standard" in his rates and then told you that Bizarro had no lats. It's unfortunately a typical thing to do around here to build some kind of fake reputation and then just say something false. Next time I'd look at some of the usernames of the raters and (truth be told) judge the rate by the person and take the advice as such. Though, it probably would have helped of some of us contributed too so you had more to go off of.

tldr bizarro has lats
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2013

Now that NL2 is coming out pretty soon, I have decided to just wait until it comes out to recreate this ride. Why? Because I will use scripting to make all of the lights and effects that you see in the real ride, plus the supports+track will be MUCH easier to make. I hope that NL2 has a copy-and-paste function on the supports, because I cannot stand making Intamin box supports anymore haha!
    NL2 does have the ability to copy and paste and the scale. Phyter supported a ride with Eiffel towers to test out the function I believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2013

Posted By: Ajax_CoastersNL2 does have the ability to copy and paste and the scale. Phyter supported a ride with Eiffel towers to test out the function I believe.

YES! This literally just made my day!
    I think you can make your own prefabs in NL2. :D
    Copy and paste?????? This means I can make amazing coasters in minutes :D yay!!!!
    ^^that's precisely how the copypasta function works.