Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Okay, as you can tell I'm rather new on the forum as well as the exchange so I highly doubt you've seen this ride on the exchange, so get over there and download it! (https://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/prototype-x/6795). Basically what I'm trying to do is find some idea's for possible themes and or someone to help with the 3ds that would be included with theming this ride. I've been playing around with sketchup lately but it will be some time before I can do anything with a high quality for this ride.... Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Here's some screenshots of the ride.

Well, after a long dry spout of idea's for coasters, I'd like to present to you Custos!

This 221 foot tall behemoth trumps any preceding Inverted coaster; rather it be a shuttle or complete circuit, in height, speed, and length. Custos, being the Latin term for "Guardian", could not fit this prodigious coaster any better, as it will guard several of the most prestigious records among inverted coasters.

Here's a few screenshots of what I've been able to throw together thus far. I was hoping to have this ride themed around a prominent city in either Ancient Rome or Ancient Greece, so if anyone feels like doing some heavy .3ds just email me. Custos will also feature a massive element never seen on an inverted coaster before.

Ahhh, just look at that Zero-G-Roll, can't you just smell the entrance to a theme park under it? #Gatekeeper
    At this point, the color scheme is still up in the air so if you feel another set of colors would suffice, just say so! Thanks!

-monster14042
    Nice colours and shaping all looks ok. But what is the height of this ride?
    The lift hill is 221 ft. tall.
    • CommentAuthorElvenage
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013

I'm not a fan of that purple on the rails, although I do love the spine color. I would make the rails a more common metal color and change the ties to the purple.
    Okay, so I've been swayed towards Elvenage's idea quite a bit now but that's only two of us. What do you think? Which do you prefer? I added a second shade of grey just in case one shade wasn't dark enough or light enough to emulate a basic standard steel color. All comments are greatly appreciated!

1.)

2.)

3.)

-monster14042
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2013 edited

Definitely not number 3. Number 2 is nice.
    Definitely #3, the others look washed-out.
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2013

I don't really see a difference between 1 and 2 but I'd go with one of these. #3 just doesn't fit.
    Maybe you could have the track have a white spine, silver rails and black ties, then have the supports purple? Here's a rough example made in like 2 minutes:

I like #2 the best.
    Well, I've made a bit of progress with the ride adding in another element, but before I get ahead of myself, I'm curious as to the average loading time of a single station B&M Invert. I'm not exactly sure as to how long it takes to unload, load, check, and dispatch an 8 car invert train. I'm debating where to place the MCBR at the moment so a generalized time would be great. Thanks!

@rct800-The second picture has a slightly darker shade of grey for the rails. It's a very small difference so it's not that awfully noticeable. :)

@Luisvaldez989- I'm still not sure what color I want the supports to be as of yet, but thanks for the idea, I'll keep it in mind when I get to that point.

Thanks for the opinions thus far, it really helps in narrowing down a very broad list of possible colour schemes.

-monster14042
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2013 edited

Posted By: monster14042I'm not exactly sure as to how long it takes to unload, load, check, and dispatch an 8 car invert train. I'm debating where to place the MCBR at the moment so a generalized time would be great.

You could work that out by doing a custom search on rcdb.com for specific ride capacities and train numbers of B&M Inverts. That way you can at least figure out how long each train stays in the station, provided that you combine the rcdb data with the ride durations (station to station). Would be a lot of work though.
    Yeah, I was going to try and stay away from doing that just for how involved that is.....I was hoping someone on here had connections to a ride op of a B&M ride in general, as most of them have 4 across seating, who could possibly give a generalized "in station" time...
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2013

Well, for Nemesis, the second train (one waiting in station) is usually ready to go just before the other train does a full circuit. So for that particular coaster, roughly the ride duration.
    Alrighty, thanks Arly, I'll check that one out!
    Easier than calculating all the numbers would be to just watch some POVs on youtube and track the length of each block.
    The only problem with that method is that I'm looking at a 215 foot climb, so that takes a solid minute to climb, leaving only a small amount of time to get to the MCBR. With the speeds that the train reaches, having an MCBR within the first 30 seconds after the initial drop seems kind of awkward.

I figured I would give you a little something to feast the eyes upon so, without further ado, I bid thee, "Dat Batwing".

From the station to the end of the not so heartline roll in the last pic is approximately 1:46. I'm not sure if I should keep the Banshee inspired roll and then place the MCBR a little further along in the layout or if I should switch out the roll with the MCBR. What do you think?

-monster14042
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013

Keep the roll. Put the MCBR later.
    The lift is its own block so each subsequent block should be about the same time as the lift (see Alpengeist).
    So, I've decided to continue the same block out of the Raised Heart line roll (it has a heart-line value of 0.2m for some lovely laterals). Here's what I did the other day. What do you think?

-monster14042
    • CommentAuthorFlight
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013 edited

I think your shaping needs some slight work, but then you should be good to go! Your elements should have a slight snap at the top, and yours look too rounded off.
    Well, I think that I've finally finished up the layout for the most part with only a few tweaks needed to finalize the entrance to the final brake run. I'll try to put some pictures of the segment after the MCBR up in a few days, but I make no promises. Now for the actual reason of this post.... I'm not exactly sure what to use for the radius of the supports for this ride. I've seen some topics on the exchange mentioning this but I honestly can't remember what or where they are. If any of you know, if you could just leave a link to one of the topics that would be great, thanks!

As always, comments and critiques are welcome! If you feel like taking a spin on custos, just whisper me your e-mail or skype and I'll try to get back to you. Thankya much!
    Well, after a month I figured I should probably put something up here to show that this project is still alive. You won't be disappointed by this one :)
    It's a NL2 Poster so the file size is massive (41 Mb to be exact (and yes, I went with the pro version)) I'll hopefully add a standard screenshot in an hour or so. But until then, I think the Dev's will like this one...

SEXY BEAST OF AN IMAGE

I love it........and for the lazy folk, I present to you, my favorite screenshot of all time (that I have taken (for you Ash :P)).

• CommentAuthorElvenage
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2014

Wow...that screenshot is...amazing.
    I'm not ashamed to say this but that picture is sexy
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the 'best' screenshot in NL2, I've seen far better with better content. The resolution and settings are high yes, but it's just a lift hill.
    Sorry, I just named it funny because I had several copies of multiple angles of that shot on my HD. It was a quick think up as I have to name everything (OCD can do that), trust me, I know there are way better screenshots out there. Sorry for a poor name on the file download.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

@Monster14042

I'm really digging that color scheme. What is the color of the track?
    Like in RGB?
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

Posted By: monster14042Like in RGB?

yes please and thanks
    Alrighty, so Custos is being placed on the shelf for a while longer as I take on this beast..... Zaborav
    Now for those of you who haven't seen the movie Oblivion (2013 w/Tom Cruise) this will be an eye opener and you definitely should...... Anyways..... Zabarov is the Croation translation of Oblivion (props to Google translate) and is kind of an obvious choice for a coaster themed after this movie. There's no fancy back story behind how the idea came to be, just the fact that its one of my favourite movies of all time :)

Edit: The first half is designed to not have inversions or minimal inversions as it may be ;) I have the full intention of making the second half of the ride after the launch an even "twistier" and an inverting mess faster paced and even better than the first half...

Basic summary of what is done so far:
    Zaborav features a short drop out of the station through a 180 degree flat turn into a heartline roll. This is then followed by a 43m tall lift hill with a 41.5m drop reaching an angle of 86 degrees and speeds of up to 63 mph. The first major element of the ride is a -.9 g ejector hump that is only 9.5m tall followed by a 270 degree flat roll as seen in this screenshot:

This is then followed by a 16.6m tall S hill featuring -1.0 g ejector airtime over the first drop. and proceeds into a yet to be named element:

If anyone has any idea's on what to call it, just let me know but its basically a warped ejector airtime hill that generally decreases its vertical force until reaching -.5 g's at approximately 30 degree pitch, this is then followed by an increasing g force to about 0.2 g's at a pitch of -38 reaching a maximum roll angle of 120 degrees
    After that you are thrown into a smaller ejector airtime S Hill seen below, and reach yet another unique element which appears to be an inclined pretzel loop, image below as well:

The technical reading on this element as being an inversion will be determined later as it is very very close and could go either way....
    Next comes some beautiful twistiness featuring ejector airtime and some wonderful lateral g's:

Next comes a quick S turn leading into an airtime hill through the inclined pretzel loop and then the Launch following that:

The 55m launch will quicken the pace and increase the speed of the ride to 27m/s to navigate the rest of the unfinished layout.
    This near miss will hopefully be able to line up with both trains crossing the point below at the same time as long as blocking permits.

As seen from the flat turn after the first drop:

As seen from the Launch:

As always, comments and criticism is appreciated and I hope to continue this ride over the following weeks if time permits.
    -monster14042
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2014 edited

edit nvm
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2014

Looks very twisty! I love that pretzel loop, however I hope you pack some more inversions in after the second launch, just to spice it up a bit I suppose. Looks very good so far though.
    Thanks for bringing that up about the inversions in the second half, haha, I completely forgot to mention the purpose behind strictly airtime hills and maybe one possible inversion (yet to be determined) in the initial post. I've edited the post accordingly.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Did you ever send me the track for that invert?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I spot some interesting shaping here (in a positive sense). The full layout will be great if you continue like you've started off!
    Well, Zaborav had been shelved in addition to Custos for now thanks to a lack of ambition to remake the rides in FVD again (After looking them over again there’s a mess of changes that need to be made). Anyways, over the past few months I've been slowly but surely building a hyper coaster which is yet to be named. It features a 236 ft. tall lift dropping you 230 ft. at speeds of up to 80 mph, a 198 ft. tall airtime hill, over 6,500 ft. of track, and oh, that’s right, 28.2 seconds of airtime.

Enough stats, we all want pictures! Here’s some layout overviews…

I took extra care to make realistic braking systems for the ride and yet maintain their functionality.

Supporting should start this week so more to come! I reached out to some other users on the forum and have sensors in the works and hopefully more!!! Comments are always appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014

That looks like a whole lot of playing with style and type separators in that last picture I assume?
    Yeah, hahaha, the catwalks are yet to be changed to hide the tweaks made though. Damn lights and catwalk supports!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014

You can save the part you want to have catwalks as an element, make a new coaster, and import the element directly on top of where it is on the original coaster. You can then add the catwalks onto the element on the second coaster, but set the track to invisible so you can see the track from the original coaster and the catwalks from the invisible one. Hope this helps!
    Yeah, I wasn't saying damn them as in, "oh, I don't know how to do it". I was saying it in a sense of, "Great, one more thing to do". Idk, I've become very familiar in how to play with the editor to get things to look how I need them to. I've got alot of time to put this thing together so updates should be more frequent on this ride.
    Supporting is coming along at is about 56% done at the moment, since I'm aiming for an extremely realistic ride experience I have sensors in the works for this ride thanks to another member on this forum, but I've reached a dilemma... Would anyone happen to have any nerd shots of sensors on a B&M Hyper like this?

Preferably from an off ride angle? If not, would it be possible to get one? This would be a cherry on top for sensors on the ride and there are literally no high res pictures to my knowledge anywhere that I can find. If someone would be willing to get a picture of one of these bad boys on a trip to a park that has a hyper I would be forever grateful (aka call out to anyone who has connections to people who work at parks)!
    So, after a drought of ambition to support, I've finally completed the supports on Björgvinsdóttir. Is the name nearly unpronounceable for any native English speaker including myself? Duh, But who cares!? Its fun!
    The current environment is set to all white since I'm still yet to get an environment, however, it wont be this way for long. Same story for the car texture and the sensors.
    Here's a few screenshots to show the new supports and some sexy curves in the track.

A sexy shot of the turnaround

One of the four crazy head choppers on the 630 helix out of the MCBR

As with most B&M's there's a wonky support due to clearance

And finally the low level overbank into the splashdown
    I really love the layout to this and the 28 seconds of airtime ;)
    The name is also really unique and unpronounceable. :p