Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWalki
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2013

My parents are planning on taking me to Kings Dominion for my birthday on Monday (my birthday is Wednesday but school would have started already).
    I305 is the only ride that I am (was) looking forward to...but lo and behold it is still closed. Do you think it is still worth going? And if yes, what are the best rides?
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

Posted By: WalkiMy parents are planning on taking me to Kings Dominion for my birthday on Monday (my birthday is Wednesday but school would have started already).
    I305 is the only ride that I am (was) looking forward to...but lo and behold it is still closed. Do you think it is still worth going? And if yes, what are the best rides?

It is still worth going to if you've never been. It'll be really crowded on Monday, I advise buying a flash-pass. My personal favorite rides are: Volcano: The Blast Coaster, Rebel Yell,Flight of Fear, and Anaconda. I also like Windseekers, even though they are kinda boring. Have Fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWalki

Well school would start the next day for 90% of public schools. Do you think it would still be really crowded?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

KD is absolutely worth it, I think it's one of the only parks with such a variety of coasters. My two pieces of advice: Arrow fifth car trick on Anaconda, and don't do Hurler. One of the most painful coaster experiences I've had.
    No Intimidator? Then, go for Volcano, Shockwave, and Grizzly.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Go for Shockwave? It's a f***ing TOGO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan

I'm heading to the park Monday with some friends. I don't think it will be too busy as some will be on there way home from Labor Day weekend and also the fact that schools in that area are starting the next day. There might be a few, but I wouldn't expect too many.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides

Why would you not go? It's a free trip to KD. Even if i305 is closed, you could still have a good time.
    I was so lucky to ride it back in April.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWalki

I'm more motivated now. I can see it right now: I walk by I305's entrance and I just stand there and then I feel a tear trickle down my cheek.
    Maybe just go on Volcano and Dominator instead.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Really Gorres? I figured he would pay tons of money to walk in, stand at the entrance to I305, cry, and then leave. I'm sure the thought of riding other rides never occurred to him.

If it makes you feel any better, I305 wasn't all that great when I last rode it. (Not really, it was amazing)
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

Posted By: JAKoolGo for Shockwave? It's a f***ing TOGO.

It was my first TOGO... It was really intense.
    Same llama. It was my first TOGO and it nearly destroyed my back. Green lantern was a lot better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWalki
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2013

So, it looks like we're not going because there is a 50% chance of rain (and it usually rains on 30% chances so I'm pretty sure it is going to rain).
    But we are going next week, weather permitting.