Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Which of these FVD programs do you guys think get the track more smoothness?
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2013

Smoothness honestly represents more of how wellyou know your way around the program, and not necessarily how good the program actually is. FVD++ is a better program overall, but if you're more comfortable/familiar with Newton you'll probably have better results with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I've seen terribly rough newton tracks. You only get good results if you know how too. It's as much about the user as the program.
    I think if you were to take an across the board average of all the rides, then divide them into two categories one being FVD and the other one Newton, I personally think that the newton one will have had smoother rides on average.
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

Posted By: bigjoe97FVD++ is a better program overall

I would say it is more sophisticated which can be too challenging for beginners, so with newton they will get the job done but with less control.

Posted By: filipedanielWhich of these FVD programs do you guys think get the track more smoothness?

If the track is supposed to be merely bump-free, each FVD program does the job quite well. If you are more into a better flow of the banking throughout the track, FVD++ should be the best choice (due to the roll speed feature) but requires a good understanding of the underlying principles.
    I think Newton would probably provide a slight extra gloss of smoothness over FVD++ because it seems to have a stronger yet still accurate smoother and is a bit easier to use. However, you do not necessarily need that extra gloss of smoothness; it can in fact make your ride appear even less realistic without the harder edges on transitions real rides can have (namely Intamin, Gerstlauer, etc).

That said, if you control FVD++ really well you can get equally "smooth" track. In addition, however, you can really nail banking flow much better than Newton, so in terms of pacing/layout/abstract smoothness you'll actually achieve that better with FVD++.
    Posted By: UncleArlyI've seen terribly rough newton tracks. You only get good results if you know how too. It's as much about the user as the program.

^... Just pickin' some random quote out of this thread:

PEBKAB as well as PICNIC

NO! I don't wanna be rude, neither I'd question your brains.
    Them tools are neutral in their very existance.

Nevertheless, IT'S YOU!
    I prefer to use Newton, even because I knew it first and it's pretty easier. But FVD++ is a very interesting program too; it gives the ride a "water fluidity". I would really want to learn how to use correctly, but it's still actually very complex to me. Thank you, guys, by the opinion.
    FVD++ is really popular now somehow.
    Because once you can use Newton2, FVD++ is the next step of control. A lot of us were devout Newton2ers until FVD++, and there's been something of a bifurcation between the more average FVD user tending toward Newton2 and the more advanced ones tending toward FVD++. There are, however, quite a few exceptions to that.