Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKaiju
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013 edited

Hey guys.
    I'm new here, in a sense. You guys may have known me in the past as xmantoo00. I haven't come on this site in a few years now, and forgetting my former e-mail account and the password, I decided to make a new one and rejoin the community. (Admins, sorry if this isn't allowed. You can delete my former account if necessary.)

I recently started fooling around with FVD, and I started to put together a layout I was rather fond of. I haven't given it a proper color scheme yet, as you can tell. It's currently planned to be themed around the show Attack On Titan. Let me know what you guys think.

The first major element of the ride.

Rear view.

Shot of the lift and first element.

Artsy shot, because why not?

In case you didn't realize how big this thing is.

Through the bunny hop.

Exiting the Top Hat.
    Is it themed after the 3D Manuevering Gear? I love that Anime/Manga so much.
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013

Looks very nice and reminds me a lot of Iron Shark!
    The turn in the last pic looks really cool, but I feel the warped non-inverting loop is too stretched out on the top, which will reduce adrenaline and sacrifice speed later in the ride. I just feel the Eurofighter thing to do is to make it more compact. I know Iron Shark did this but I think that was more because of the incredibly small template they had.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013

You Need a 60m Height ‘s Giant 3ds
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013

i love love love these elements so far. like archy said, you might want to make that roll a bit faster, but then again you may not, i think that depends on your vision...but i would definitely play around with it to make sure you've optimized it for the feeling you're going for.
    • CommentAuthorKaiju
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2013

Okay. I tried to continue the layout I had earlier, but I couldn't get FVD to work with the layout I wanted. I also didn't like how similar it was to Iron Shark. So I created a new layout. It's still themed to Attack On Titan, but it's going to be much more of a unique ride than I had before. It now begins with a 45 MPH vertical launch into a diving loop, up to the maximum height of 150 feet.

The whole layout.

Hammerhead turn.

Ready for launch...

The best way to attack a Titan is from the sky.

It's not a small ride.

Manuvering the first inversion.