Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2013 edited

My new and upcoming coaster will be an Intamin Launch. The main layout is orientated around Rita (Alton Towers) and Maverick (Cedar Point). The main theme, obviously being called Morbid is going to be based around a state that's horrid, unbearable and just something that will cause the mind to feel uncomforted. have finished the track using Newton and I'm presently doing the support work.

I have now teamed up with 1blueshe, he is doing the visuals of the coaster, e.g 3DS, Supports and scenery.
    I will be doing the trackwork, cartexture, landscaping and also the media side of things. For example, the trailer.

Feedback is widely accepted, whether it be positive, or negative. Tell us what you think :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Pictures will be uploaded soon
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Note : Supports are not final, I was experimenting
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

The pictures are uploaded in chronological order :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2013

Just to let you know, you can edit your posts so you don't have to post multiple times :)

The coaster looks pretty good from what I can see. Though that support in the foreground in the first picture needs some work. Try looking at RCDB for Intamin coasters to see how they do it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2013

Oh, thanks. I'm new to this thing, thanks for the feedback :)
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

looks amazing, i cant wait to see the final product

Update : I am now helping @chukensky with 3ds scenery on morbid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013

I have finally finished the car textures, I think a few variations will occur until release, also, Me and 1Blueshe have decided to go with following colours

Images of the scenery will soon be updated
    Nce car texture!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Oh wow. That car texture is amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013 edited

3ds (UPDATE)

I have finally finished the replica Intamin hydraulic launch system for morbid. I had to make fake 3ds 4 tube track to fit all of the custom stuff in.

photo ec7d3c32eec5df7d7303bcc29e61e143.png

photo fcc5e2222ade41c2b5439ef0008fbe1b.png

photo 2eb1e73a9731accd08933f9a9acfaa15.png

photo c238e6bf0bc9f1a1ceffa21c7fc8baa6.png

photo d5ffd147f7eb0705bf48aa9655e65fc6.png

I’m currently starting the catwalks. I’m then moving on to the brake fins, then on to the station/queue
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Wow, I didn't expect such detailed objects to be honest. That looks really amazing! I also love the car texture, it definitely fits the theme.
    Don't feel that you have to go down to 2 tube track at the end, from what I've seen Intamin like to keep it 4 tube. Here are a couple images for reference.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Oh, it's not, we used for the purpose of demonstration
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

I am almost done with the catwalks. I have a basic model so far, but I am having a hard time finding out how Intamin catwalks connect with the bottom of the 4 tube launch track. If someone could get me reference images that would be great
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2013

photo Morbid_zpsf50f0904.png

A quick teaser I done, hope you like it :)
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2013 edited

Here are some ruff blue prints of what me and chukensky though would be a good layout for the line and station, the station and portion of the ride will be concealed inside the house. the house will look similar to the house in the teaser poster.<

photo 25ba8f9933a7c9dc3e575b4f3222f7c0.png

I have also finished the catwalks for the launch track.

photo 65ad67075a7870d6472ccace40850825.png

photo 46860156817af582893d94596a959c7a.png

I have started work on the brake fins and sensors. I will begin work on the transfer track soon, and when that is finished its on to making the house and line for the ride. Then it's up to chuckensky to make the video for the ride and upload it to the exchange.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides

Looking really cool so far! I'm working on an Intamin Accelerator as well. I'm about a 2 months and a half in, so far. I really like the scenery. Also, kudos for adding the fast lane line. I got a fast lane for Cedar Point last Sunday. It was a lifesaver. I would have been waiting 1 hour and 50 minutes for Raptor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt

This is looking nice! Love the hydraulic cable and those car textures are stunning, you'll have to show me how to do that. I'm sure you were going for something like this, but some of the transitions look a little abrupt, namely the stengle dive after the first hill, but that could work with the style/pacing you have going on here. Looking forward to riding this and finding out!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Cool teaser.

The blueprint looks quite good so far. One thing I would change is the queue, I'd throw in some diagonal or even irregular lanes, maybe through some kind of creepy/bewitched garden.

Anyway, I really like the 3ds, can't wait for the transfer track and the brake fins.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Posted By: baadrix

One thing I would change is the queue, I'd throw in some diagonal or even irregular lanes, maybe through some kind of creepy/bewitched garden.

The blueprint is just a basic block plan, I'm sure once I start making the paths there will be curves and lots of detail. And it's funny you mention a bewitched garden, we where gunna do something similar to that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

I've finally finished the car textures, I've decided to go for three different colours :)

photo MacabrefLANGETEST-131017171925000_zpsfc8b2fda.png
    Green

photo MacabrefLANGETEST-131017171954001_zps1457f1e9.png
    Orange/Red

photo MacabrefLANGETEST-131017172024002_zps4e817232.png
    Blue

If anybody is wanting a car texture, just ask and I'll be more than happy to create you one for free :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I think the green one alone is enough. The red and blue seem a little too vibrant. Have you also thought about extending the inside portion slightly so the start of the launch is inside? Think that might add some atmosphere and you could have a nice little scene whilst the catch car attaches?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

The car texture is nice, but avoid the pure black on the train. Go for a 10;10;10 at least. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Yeh, I wasn't too keen on the colours anyway, just wondering what you guys would think :P To answer your question, no. We haven't thought of adding an extension to our house, but taking into consideration your idea, I think I will. I was really thinking of making the station a room itself, for example, 20 people will be entered into the room and seated in their seat. Then, lights will flash and then slowly dim to pitch black, obviously, this concept isn't practical in the current No Limits, but we're hoping so for No Limits 2, if we made a recreation. Back to the concept, once it's all pitch black, wind will be blown into the room, making it chilly, audio will be heard, of light screams of someone saying something very lightly. for around 5 seconds of hearing this muffled voice, a loud bang will be heard followed by a 2 second silence. After the 2 second silence, a sound of kicking at the door's, lights flashing and really loud screaming will be heard. This will create a horrible experience, giving the riders a sense of macabre, then a loud scream will say "GET OUT !" then lights will flash in a strobe like state, and SWOOSH, the ride starts :)

I'm actually going to write a story for this ride soon
    •  
      CommentAuthorWalki
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2013 edited

That sounds fantastic! It would make a very great ride experience if it were real.
    But I actually prefer the blue color because it makes the ride seem more "dark".
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2013

(UPDATE)
    I have finally finished the transfer track. I found a couple reference picture but it was hard to find them because Intamin mainly makes these types of transfers ↓↓↓

photo 61_2.jpg

But I found some picture of Xcelrator's transfer track and used those a reference

photo 2cb3364da86566d6beceddd267df67e5.png

photo f7117a1604126cebdd2786fb58adaedf.png

photo 3a087ab332cc52e7672ff770325dda83.png

photo d9482eca99f33b94b020f2126c53c40c.png

photo dc1b88a15c16a76b8a98513d44b4ba05.png

It's starting to look more and more like a real accelerator, I cant wait to see everything together.

photo 475743d2eb239869fdd163e4aa1033b4.png

Now I’m off to go start the brake fin's/sensors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Looks fine to me. Great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Posted By: baadrixLooks fine to me. Great work!

•  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

That quote was totally needless.

To get back on topic, I feel that the right storage track comes a bit too close to the final curve behind. Also I don't quite understand why the 3ds footers supporting the transfer track are much bulkier than the standard NL footers used for the rest of the coaster. Also, H-Beams are often connected to the footers using square flanges, round ones are more often used for tubes. I see that you are heading for realism on your scene objects, so you might want to take a closer look on how the catwalks are supported in real life (usually not by being connected to the outermost edge which stresses the material). All of the catwalks are a bit too wide for my taste. Intamin does usually about 2/3 of the width.

Some of your supports look awful. I'm honest here. The first A-frame after the launch is a very good example of something I have never seen before in my life:

Of course, these might be capable of holding the track, but in general, manufactors are heading for aesthetically pleasing looks. Use real life pictures for comparisons. Speaking of the supports, I see a lot of unnecessary flanges directly above footers. Remember that the autoflanger's work always needs some heavy reworking afterwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Posted By: L Bosch
    "I feel that the right storage track comes a bit too close to the final curve behind. Also I don't quite understand why the 3ds footers supporting the transfer track are much bulkier than the standard NL footers used for the rest of the coaster. Also, H-Beams are often connected to the footers using square flanges, round ones are more often used for tubes. I see that you are heading for realism on your scene objects, so you might want to take a closer look on how the catwalks are supported in real life (usually not by being connected to the outermost edge which stresses the material). All of the catwalks are a bit too wide for my taste. Intamin does usually about 2/3 of the width."

Intamin storage track usually get close like that in some cases, I tunnel tested it and it doesn’t collide anywhere and I can always rework it if it become's a problem. I think the catwalks are fine, it could be the angle that makes it look really big. I used storm runner and xcelerator as reference, and if they are to big we can always add supports under them like xcelerator has.

photo maxresdefault.jpg

photo 30d905c0e43ec0e4d49f4316b1a05f02.png

"Some of your supports look awful. I'm honest here. The first A-frame after the launch is a very good example of something I have never seen before in my life"

the supports aren’t final in the picture's that have been posted. I was sent the earlier version of the track, so the supports aren’t done in it. chukensky is still working on the supports. an update should be really soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013

(MINI UPDATE)

I finished the sign for the ride that will be placed at the entrance. I intend to put a fountain in front of the sign, similar to tower of terror at Disneyland.

photo 425016d54c2478701b3e40200ead4013.png
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013

(UPDATE)

The station will be similar to tower of terror at Disneyland, or green lanterns first flight at magic mountain where they place you on numbers before you board the train so you know where you will be seated.

photo 203852102_877cc5d615_z.jpg

photo 1d06d3cd7e28f35d32e31e73b2cb2ab4.png

more updates on the station will come soon
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2013

There's a miner delay in the next update. The station was allot more work than I though, so the update should be up tomorrow around 5pm pacific time.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2013

(UPDATE)

I am done with the station, I need to finish the exit ramp that leads out and under the launch track and back to the entrance.
     photo a34194bb3b1ce46078e65e35f0d03acf.png

photo c84b9026a9dce61fc74c5a140f528f94.png
    the operator room
     photo 94ec59618ef5a8289e286a43bca46214.png
    I made cubby hole's for people to put there things in while riding
     photo 53a3f07b7afe2ba72274a583538935c1.png

photo 2d452481362dff27c6fcb75fa0891545.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013

I've finally finished the supports ! I put a lot of time, effort and a lot of consideration into getting these perfectly correct. Sure, I need to fix a few things, but I'll fix them when everything is ready to be released. Well, here are the pictures, feedback is widely accepted :)

photo Morbid-131025182902003_zps220ad6d9.png

photo Morbid-131025182805000_zps895154dd.png

photo Morbid-131025182842002_zpsc163af22.png

photo Morbid-131025182913004_zps6add9e2b.png

photo Morbid-131025182831001_zpsedefa2f8.png

I need some help with the Construction Kit's Auto Flanger, if anyone could help, whisper back :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

The colors look cool, but I'm kind of uncertain about the supports in the last picture. The tubes don't seem to line up right to the track. Have you tried using the Automatic Support Generator (ASG)? I use it for every ride that I make, and if you know how to modify the nodes afterwards, the supportwork really pays off!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Umm, I copied them off of Maverick, Cedar Point, and No. I'm still to go round fixing them parts :) Thanks for the feedback anyway !
    The taller supports look like they should have horizontal beams, but other than that, they're good. A little under-supported on some of the turns, mostly on the second picture. The track should change from 4 to 3 tubes at around the second half of the ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Oh, I'm still yet to get to the stage of calculating what tubing is needed around the ride :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2013

The connectors in the last picture are angled wrongly and don't need to be that far from the maain support tubes. Bring it closer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

*UPDATE* The Support work has been fixed and I've started adding some accessories

photo Morbid-131026034407000_zps7149edf9.png
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

Looking nice, but it seems like you forgot a support because there's a empty trackconnector-node. If you didn't gorget it you should add a support regardless, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Oh, yeh. I done that just to fix this support :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2013

I've finally finished the trailer for Morbid

I promise there're no pop-ups, I made to put you in discomfort; linking into the concept of Macabre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZr3IOi9mCE

•  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I liked it. Shame you had it on pause though. Would have been nice seeing the train move rather than sitting there paused.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Oh, That's the effect I was going for, It was more of a teaser. I'm going to release a full trailer near release and all the 3ds is completed :)
    Awesome trailer - what'd you use to edit it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2013 edited

I used Adobe After Effects, Thanks ! :)

I've just edited the video for the trains moving, should I re-upload it ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2013

*UPDATE* Me and Blueshe have finally come to an agreement of waiting for NL2 in an attempt of completing this project. We really want to boost the ride's scenery and give the overall experience justice. With operational transfer tracks, we find this more than suitable to make this agreement.