Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015

As some of you will know, over the past 5 days four of us (Myself, coaster-inc, Dave and Boz) met up at Alton Towers to collect data and generally geek out on Project stuff. Well I'm pleased to announce that we broke the barrier of 500 likes during that trip, and as a result we're currently in the process of preparing a new video showcasing the progress we've made! Watch this space for more news!
    -Dan
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015

Awesome! This is just getting better and better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2015

It's been a long time since we updated, and we've got big plans for the future. Things are expanding and developing beyond anything we ever imagined, here's a teaser for you all.

• CommentAuthorInkyz

The fact this isn't real blows my mind
    Stunning work guys, looks beautiful and very accurate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Oh my god... This looks really good so far! Can't wait to see what you do when it comes to Sub-Terra and what not. (I know it's not a great ride, but I'm a diehard for horror themed stuff and dark rides).
    This is probably my favourite NoLimits 2 project going on at the moment. It looks epic! I can't wait to see Hex finished.
    The lighting is outstanding, can't wait for the final product.
    The lighting is so good!
    But it will so easily kill my computer!
    • CommentAuthorHarmL98
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2015 edited

Omg one of my favorite madhouse in no limits 2?
    Holy crap it looks amazing!!! RIP computer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2015

Also, from me and Coaster-inc, a POV of The Smiler as it currently is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6clfnQoMFho
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2015

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:

Our biggest update yet goes live tonight. That's right, TONIGHT. Sometime over the course of tonight we are making our big announcement about the future of Project Towers: NL2, this will be paired with a video, and something special. Keep an eye on our Facebook, this is big for us.
    and for those that didnt check the facebook page out... basically the project has become too big for no limits to support it so we are migrating to the unreal engine to build a full fledged game out of it rather than just a roller coaster simulator... there have been a few contributing factors to the change, a lot come for ideas of what we want to do and some from the limitations of no limits itself.... its upto people on here what they want to do, whether or not they follow the project itself on facebook and other formats but the end of NL2 is now just so we can bring a far greater experience to more people than just no limits.

we have released a trailer video of hex, which has taken us about 3 months to get to where we are, mostly due to new skills being learnt by the whole team, its a pre pre alpha stage test, but a playable trailer will be made available in the new year! please check the facebook page for the video, it will be coming to youtube shortly so better to get ahead on facebook first.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectTowersNL2/videos/533021250196204/
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2015

I saw it already on facebook. this project is so cool. can't wait to see the final result. Keep it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2015

The video looks great! I can see why you guys chose to leave NL2, altough the scale is big enoguh for the park it's just impossible to keep the quality high while retaining a good FPS. Can't wait to see where this project goes in 2016.
    Posted By: ZingoThe video looks great! I can see why you guys chose to leave NL2, altough the scale is big enoguh for the park it's just impossible to keep the quality high while retaining a good FPS. Can't wait to see where this project goes in 2016.

to be honest, the NL park map is only just big enough for the rides, but none of the rest of the resort really, plus it cant do proper lighting, that was the one biggest issue we were going to face, and would never be able to do charlie, hex, duel and sea life properly... but the result of the change will go way above anyones expectations!
    • CommentAuthorAnoki
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2015

I just saw this project yesterday and I ended up reading all the comments since the start. Congratulations on how much your project has grown! I was just wandering however, I'm not familiar with any game engines and stuff but are the rollercoasters going to still be as detailed as they were when they were in NL?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2015

Hopefully they will look just as good, only the future will tell!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2016

It's been a long time guys, but we have an exciting update for you all! This bank holiday Monday, 8 long months of work finally come to a head when we RELEASE our first pre-alpha demo of Hex: The Legend of The Towers! we've thrown together a short teaser trailer on our Facebook page and we're proud to finally be able to bring a public version of the build out! See you soon guys!

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectTowersNL2/videos/vb.180199808811685/595105127321149/?type=2&theater¬if_t=like¬if_id=1464082081218300
    uwot :o

*dies of excitement*
    • CommentAuthorjonny9403
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016

it's awwsooommmeeeee
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016

^I'll second that. I know we were all a bit miffed in that skype chat when we found the 30fps cap but the alpha is absolutely amazing. It exceeded my expectations by miles and it is safe to say I'm hyped for the next release, whatever that may be. You had best deliver ;).
    I must say it LOOKS AWESOME

But my potato computer can't run it :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2016

Just a quick update for those who haven't liked our FB page yet, we've just hit 1000 likes, and to celebrate we've posted some images of two coasters in Unreal, The Smiler and Oblivion. Also done is the Oblivion shuttles, amazing work done by Code. Enjoy!

• CommentAuthorInkyz

Oh crap this looks amazing.
    Once this debuts eventually Alton Towers visitor numbers wil probably drop due to people playing this instead ;) Keep up the amazing work!
    We can only hope. Less queues for us :D
    *drools*
    Holy Motherf.....s...it, that's looking to good for me :O
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Norton 360 qurenteened the demo exe when I downloaded it.
    • CommentAuthorHarmL98

This is the sh*t! Amazing, best remake of a themepark what i have ever seen. Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2016

> Is kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2016

Sneak peek of Phase 1? Sure!

Holy crap xO
    you forgot to add the metal seat-belt buckles to Oblivion's restraints!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJL NoLimits
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2016 edited

^You forgot something :D
    Wow, excellent work.
    ^^^ LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2016

Not enough noise complaints 3/10
    ropers house easter egg plz
    Please add the worn out metal on the Oblivion shuttles. You know the part where every one rests their feet against?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2016

It's been another year since we announced our big switch to the Unreal Engine, and what have we achieved in that year? Well the fact we've released our Hex demo to unbelievably good reception is one thing just to start, but we're all cracking on with Phase 1 of the official release, and my god we couldn't be happier with what we're producing! Here's a little sneak peek at what we're going to be showing on Christmas day, we're confident everyone should love this! (Note that it's a gif by the way)

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

That looks really good, looks almost life like! I just hope we can actually achieve 60fps this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

Hex ran poorly due to full dynamic lighting. We have learnt a great deal more about the engine since then and plan to revisit the Hex demo for major optimization. The outdoor sections of the park will be using a combination of built static, stationary and dynamic lights which we have tested and easily achieve at least 60fps.
    shitting hell, that looks amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2017 edited

Another update, this time our New Years video showing Oblivion finally in motion in Unreal! With a working blocking system and some specially included sound effects, it's a big step in the right direction for us!

Im in love.