Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013 edited

Hello NLE-members!

Quite some time ago, I created a Friction Calculator to calculate the friction value for Newton2. It was a simple text-based program that wasn't really what you call user-friendly. A few weeks ago, I decided to recreate this handy program, this time with a user-friendly UI (user interface). All the bugs have been fixed I hope and I feel it is time to release it.

Features:

- A user-friendly interface
    - Both Newton2 and FVD++ friction values
    - The possibility to save and load calculated values
    - 4 different options for measure
    - A help menu item to show you which values to put in

Download:
    Download the latest version (2.0.1) here!

Important: You will need the at least Java 7 to run this program. Download this here. Lower Java versions could cause bugs, crashes or the program not to start at all. Also, I did not test this on an apple operating system, I don't know if and how the tool works on apple systems, so if you own one, please download and test if it works and if there are any bugs.

screenshot:

Note: If you find a bug, or encounter a crash, please tell me so I can fix it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorvdveen
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013

That's really useful! Can it be added to the Tool list? Also, the word accurate in the Help dialogue is with two c's.

But isn't it easier to just make one friction list like Archys and use that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013 edited

Posted By: vdveenCan it be added to the Tool list?

It's already there actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2013

@vdveen

Easier? Maybe, but this will be more accurate. The friction you should use depends on the length of the track, the train, and the speed at the beginning and end of the ride or FVD/Newton-created section. This is why there is an in and an out speed in the calculator.

• CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2013

Hello everyone!

Today, I updated my program to 2.0.1 to fix a crash when you would try to save a value. Further bugs are not fixed yet.
    New download link here (download link in opening post is also updated)

- ROLLER