Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I recently started making a custom supported wooden coaster. When you use auto supports it inserts wooden catwalks on the sides. I wanted to know what the flat catwalk pieces where. Please help me if you can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAussieMine
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013

The Catwalk pieces are Auto-supports Only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I tend to make flat track that runs the length of the editor a few times (with curves at the end). Then I delete the handrails etc, split the catwalks up, move them out th way and build my track. Then I've got hundreds of catwalks ready to use for buildings etc.

You can't just generate more though, so ensure you've got enough for what you want to build and don't re auto support anything else you'll lose the ones you had.

You can generate more, click on a track (can be multiple segments), choose auto support generator make sure you have 'generate final' ONLY selected in global settings. Then in segment settings have 'individual settings' checked, and catwalks (these are the only things you should have selected). The result is just a pair of catwalks for however many pieces you selected, you can easily go over and repeat the process with none of the original ones disappearing.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Make to UNCHECK "clear previous structure" or you will lose all your previous catwalks.