Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

So with the upcoming release of NL2, I can almost guarantee that we're all a little antsy by now with the whole "Are we there yet" mentality, uhg.... I simply made this thread to give everyone a little break from the hysteria created by NL2, and to celebrate one of the most intense sports competitions know to man.

That being said, I've always been enthralled with the Winter Olympics. The Summer Olympics are great of course, but come on....what's better than a 4 man Bobsleigh (Bobsled) racing down a winding course at speeds in excess of 120 km/h with forces nearing 5 G's at some points (sounds kinda like a rollercoaster to me). And if you can't tell, Bobsleigh and Luge are my two favorite events. Anyways, here's some links to the schedule, event descriptions and of course, a Bobsleigh :)

Schedule

Event Descriptions

Bobsleigh

Anything else you feel should be mentioned or linked, feel free to post here and while you're at it, what's your favorite Summer/Winter Olympics event(s)?
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2013

Ice Hockey is where it's at, no greater sport in the world. Plus it's always been fun to watch Red Wings players playing against each other for their respective countries. I'm also a fan of boarder-cross, bobsleigh, ski jumping, and slalom events.
    • CommentAuthorReal
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2013

Winter > Summer all. Day. Long.

Summer never had any really extreme or dangerous sports till all the xgame sports. Winter had:

Ski jump
    Luge
    Bobsled
    Skeleton
    Biatholon (not dangerous but skiing with guns!)

List goes on. My faves are all the above. And speed skating is awesome. Just something about hurling yourself down an ice chute at breakneck speeds that appeals to me. I would LOVE to do a bobsled run in my life. Just once. Ill be the pointless pusher in the middle.
    Posted By: RealWinter > Summer all. Day. Long.

This. Almost every Winter event is interesting.
    I want to see:

- All skiing
    - Some snowboarding (boarder-cross is awesome)
    - Bobsled/luge/skeleton

The rest are bonuses. :)
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2013

Yea this is gonna be one fantastic Olympics next year.

My personal favorite is speed Skating. It's so elegant in form to watch plus they are hauling out there. Such a neat sport to watch.

Also not to be outdone by the sports themselves, the Sochi Adventure Park will also open, hopefully with the Olympics, which is another Bonus for us coaster lovers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2013

I do love the Winter Olympics, I just despise the fact it's going to be held in Russia and that they still will be prejudice towards LGBT athletes.
    Well, at least they have made exceptions for this case. I just hope that anti-LGBT groups in Russia won't try and do something stupid... Sochi adventure park does look cool though. Can't wait to see it open :)
    Can't wait for the winter Olympics! Too bad about the discrimination (On a side note, I support LGB, but not transgender. It's kind of, eh, disturbing to me, especially after looking up the definition..). Also excited for Sochi adventure park, because G.I.B. and Macks.
    • CommentAuthorJaynen
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2013

I cant wait for the downhill skiing. Just hope they dont run the guys backwards like last olympics. They need downhill snowboarding though!