Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

With the release date of No Limits 2 now official I'd like to get one last ride in the books. Although it seems that at this early stage in the ride I should just wait for NL2 and restart the whole thing, this ride will be released for NL1 although most of you will be using NL2 at the time of the release. I might end up doing a conversion to NL2 for those of you who would rather download a NL2 file, but this will only happen if the mac version is released close to the time that the ride is released. I'm choosing to do this because I had been putting off this ride until my talents had become good enough (in my eyes at least) to make it the way I wanted it to be, and if I wait for NL2 I might be set back a little bit.

Project Alpine is a B&M inverted coaster based on a snowy mountain where for some reason there is a some sort of lab there. Essentially people were doing some research due to some "interesting" activity that had been going on. A lab was built and then the cliche "monster attack facility" story happens. Now, you're a rescue team sent to respond to an S.O.S. signal sent from the lab and of course you'll encounter the "monster".

Here is a little sketch of what the final outcome might look like.

Many of you, I'm sure, have seen my posts in The Uber Idea Thread. Here is a little update of what has happened today. I've made an upward helix sort of turn and little pop of nearly ejector airtime! (-.7g's)

The ride will start off in a sort of "Base Camp" lab at the bottom of the mountain. You'll take the lift up to the peak and drop down into a relatively calm drop (It only 2.5 g's max) then you'll be thrown into a powerful and fast 4.5 g turn inside a pitch black tunnel. You'll be taken upside down with the zero-g-roll which will lead you to the "upper lab". Another powerful turn follows, and once again you'll rise above the lab but quickly be taken back down to ground with some powerful airtime!

...That's all of the track so far.

Again the ride is in it's very very early stages but, I really wanted to start a topic for this while NL2 isn't quite out.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013

That sketch looks very nice!
    Looking forward to the end product!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014

I love to sketch my coasters as well, cool to see others do to. I really like the concept, I can't wait to see the final outcome.
    Thanks nolimiters and 1blueshe :)
    This looks great, I've got loads of ideas on what you could do for the 3Ds...

1. some kind of giant satellite dish.

2. giant "monster" foot steps in the snow all over the mountain.

3. "monster" shadows in the trees so while your riding you get kind of freaked out.

4. make a barbed wire fence to go around the facility.

5. have research vans/trucks around the base which have been destroyed by the "monster".
    Thank you very much JoshySquashy! I appreciate all the ideas. For number 1 im already planning on it. For 2 - 3 I have considered to do but the problem is figuring how to do them. For number 4 it would be cool to have something like that but it would pretty difficult to make. All of the scenery I will be making will be made out if the wooden catwalks. For number 5, if I set my mid to it I could probably make these out of catwalks but it would be pretty difficult.
    --UPDATE--

Please excuse the double.

Thanks to none of my friends being able to hang out, I've made some excellent progress on Project Alpine this new years eve (Happy new year everyone!). I've added a wingover, which at the moment is taken a little too fast in my opinion, a little turn and a hill up to the MCBR. A little more smoothing was done to that pesky zero-g-roll (they never want to roll smoothly) and it's getting there although it's still not quite done. I've also changed the "powerful airtime hill" to be more floaty as it was a little bit abrupt and I didn't like how it paced. Not much more track to go!

Comments are appreciated :)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014 edited

Is this newton or handbuilt? You should raise the mid course brake run if possible.
    ^Handbuilt, I can't wrap my head around shaping track with g-forces... :/

And I'm considering it. But as of now I have about 100ft of drop out of that ;)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014

Whats is the speed that it enters the mid brake run?
    21 mph
    Excuse the double

--UPDATE--

Today not much was added just the drop out of the mcbr and some tweaks to the wingover and zero-g-roll.

Here is a picture for your enjoyment :)

•  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014

look's good, it's starting to look more and more like the concept art. Is it a forceful ride? Because inverts are allot funner when there fast and forceful.
    ^^Thanks for the offer TOGO, when the time comes for testing ill be sure to send it to you.

@1blueshe: it depends. What I like most about the B:TR clones is that they really arent forceful the entire way through, there are little breaks that I think enhance the pacing greatly. So, I tried to incorporate that in my ride as best I could. For instance, the first drop. The valley of the first drop is very mellow but the turn right after is very intense. It's this back forth of powerful Gs to comfortable and calm forces that makes the ride interesting. With the addition of tunnels and trenches ill be able to accentuate those moments as well, hopefully.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014

my home park is SFMM so I know what you mean about the batman clones. that's good to hear, the ride should turn out quite nice. Are you planning on making a video for the ride once you are done?
    ^I have absolutely no confidence in my abitlity to make a video haha but I was thinking about asking AJ (Heads up AJ)