Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2014 edited

This thread is to discuss NoLimits 2. If you have questions, comments, praise, technical difficulties, etc. this is the place to post about it.

Eventually, the staff will update this post and other first posts in the thread to reflect current information, address frequently asked questions, and generally sort things in a way that is hopefully a little easier to navigate than the mammoth NL2 News Discussion thread, which will be closing upon the release of NL2.

By the way...

It's out!

NoLimits Coaster Site
    Demo and full game are available now!
    NOTE: Clear your browser's cache and refresh if the new website doesn't display for you.

I tried to get the demo on my P.C. but the download failed. Now I have to download on my mac, put it on the flash drive, then go downstairs and play!!! The download speed is 1.1 meg/sec. It downloaded in 6 minutes!
    • CommentAuthor-Divotik-
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2014

Spoil:
    • CommentAuthorKaiju

It's awesome for this to finally be released! Now I just have to wait for the Mac version :P
    • CommentAuthorrct800

The demo is just pure awesomeness!
    • CommentAuthorDommy

i think that downloading servers are blewing up...
    • CommentAuthordjnickless

its awesome... playing around with the switches and transfers^^
    • CommentAuthorBoogerBoy

I feel bad because it only took me a couple seconds to download the demo, but then again I feel awesome because I finally got NL2!
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

So it sounds like everyone is having a painfully slow download? Apparently I've got 3-5 hours left.
    Can someone please post some pictures??? Im at school and i cant do anything
    • CommentAuthorBoogerBoy

I got the demo installer on my flash ready to use at school!
    I don't know if it is my old quadcore processor but with my Q9650 running at 3.4Ghz and my Gigabyte GTX 670 I expected it to run a bit better then it does now, the tango park is way below 30fps and max cpu usage is like 60% and gpu on 45%. Could be drivers / NVidia Control Panel settings. I'll see if lowering graphics does anything but I somehow think it has to do with nvidia's drivers.
    • CommentAuthorBenjamin

Very sorry if I missed some discussion of this in the sea of NL2 stuff, but does anyone know if the discount for NL1 owners ever became a real thing? Can't see any info on it if indeed it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

It seems most people are having slow download issues and it's no surprise really. I'm showing between 4 and 11 hours left at the moment, it keeps bouncing up and down. I did however download and play the demo for a bit which I must say is bloody brilliant! It came as no shock either that I can't run NL2 with settings fully cranked but I am still quite happy with how it runs. I don't mind turning off anti aliasing to save the frame rate.

As a whole the experience feels slightly unreal, after so long waiting for the software to be released. All good stuff though so thanks very much to the dev team for their hard work, I love it. Best £60 I will spend all year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2014 edited

Downloaded and installed the demo fine, but can't seem to load any tracks as texture files are missing apparently.

THis is the error messages I get:
    http://puu.sh/6fWks.png

Anyone?
    Still got 2 hours on my full download, so I downloaded the demo.

Anyone having issues with slow load times for the woodie park? Loading supports takes forever.

It also doesn't seem to like my Spyder monitor calibration profile, which keeps bouncing in and out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

Posted By: djd711 I'm showing between 4 and 11 hours left at the moment.

lol , That was the Slow network speed in China~
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

UncleArly: Yeah I got that. You don't happen to have an Intel graphics cars? I have one of those setups where I have two graphic cards in my computer, one power-saving Intel card and one power-draining (but better) Nvidia card. When I ran the demo on the Intel card at first, I kept getting that error, whilst the Nvidia card does just fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Yeah, I have an Intel, I don't think I have anything else. Well, if that is why it won't work then it answers my question that I won't be getting NL2 until I can afford a new laptop which is a long way off.
    • CommentAuthor-Divotik-

Screens from the demo:

• CommentAuthorAIex

Guys! It's a masterpiece!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I hate you all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan

Can you use the different modes in the demo? (Auto, manual block, full manual)
    Posted By: UncleArlyI hate you all.

Protip: The demo is fantastic
    • CommentAuthorLiroquai

The demo is absolutely amazing. Only 3 tracks but I'm having crazy fun playing in manual block/full manual modes. EVERYTHING can be controlled. The ride control panel is amazing - flashing lights and all. I'll have the full version in anywhere from 4-12 hours - shame the full version isn't downloading at the same speed as the demo. At least I have this to keep me occupied though!
    • CommentAuthortrj820

I'm pretty sure that a download speed a 1kb/s constitutes torture by UN standards...
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

Posted By: UncleArlyYeah, I have an Intel, I don't think I have anything else. Well, if that is why it won't work then it answers my question that I won't be getting NL2 until I can afford a new laptop which is a long way off.

Well, hopefully it's just a minor bug and it can be fixed soon. Also, I did get the coaster to run after the error messages though. I never really investigated it since I was pretty fast to switch graphic card, but I couldn't see where the textures had failed to load.
    • CommentAuthornjr140

That thing about the intel graphics doesn't sound good. I have an integrated intel hd graphics card in my laptop. I'll have to try the demo to see if I get the error.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I let it continue loading for another 10 mins, but couldn't clear the error messages and it didnt load any further.
    I keep on getting some "failed to load texture call" error thing on the demo, doesn't seem to effect the ride at all.

The demo is great but it runs hideously slow on my laptop, shame my actual rig (with a decent internet connection) is 120 miles away from me right now. Such a tease.
    Looks fantastic so far, can't wait to download the full version when I get back to edinburgh!
    I'm still trying to get used to the (somewhat expected) massive drop in my framerate from NL to NL2. :P

This is awesome guys! Will buy as soon as I can. For now, the demo will suffice. Congratulations NL team! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorAussieMine

You're all lucky, I'm stuck not even playing the Demo, because it loaded like a 0.2 version of NL1 when I downloaded it, so I can't even get it to use at school.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I feel like a lot of people are going to be getting a bit of a rude awakening today about the age of their PC hardware...

Poking around with the demo over here while pretending to work... thank goodness NL2 can run in a window (and thus be quickly alt-tabbed away from)! Just staggeringly good.

•  
      CommentAuthorAussieMine

I already know my computer can handle it, since my computer has been able to handle HD modern Games (SimCity, Battlefield 3, Minecraft (It does take a LOT of power to use) HD graphics on NL1)
    • CommentAuthorLiroquai

www.nolimitscoaster.com home page has been updated and is now properly officially released :) Might want to update the links in the first post as they no longer work.

Meanwhile I'm hovering between 5-10kb/s on the full version download which could mean it won't be done within the next 12 hours. Would love if the guys uploaded it on mad data's servers - the demo downloaded within 25 mins for me.

Mod Edit: Links updated, thanks for the heads up.
    I must of just missed the train an hour ago and was dinking around in the demo having fun. I now have to wait 2.5 hours until download is complete of the actual game. Oh joy can't wait until it's done though!
    ** Demo downloaded in 5 minutes.
    If anyone is running a mac, it does work very efficiently via Parallels if you have the settings right. ** And Hardware...
    But boy this thing is advanced versus the last one. Love it so far, can't wait to explore a little more!
    Something tells me Ole is just sitting on his couch smiling right now watching all the purchases roll in. Good for the dev team!
    • CommentAuthordjnickless

Its totally awesome... Just loaded my last Project into nl2... It runs better on my weak Laptop than NL1... Graphics are great... and overall huge thanks to Ole and the others...
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Posted By: BBSpeed26

I feel like a lot of people are going to be getting a bit of a rude awakening today about the age of their PC hardware..

I was expecting it not to work, I just allowed myself to get my hopes up unfortunately.

Posted By: BBSpeed26

I feel like a lot of people are going to be getting a bit of a rude awakening today about the age of their PC hardware...

Poking around with the demo over here while pretending to work... thank goodness NL2 can run in a window (and thus be quickly alt-tabbed away from)! Just staggeringly good.

Yeah, wondering how long I'll have my tax return before I end up ordering a new CPU/mobo/ram lol
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

My stream is up for anyone who can't play around with the program yet. Haven't touched anything at all up to this point.

Greetings, Lenny
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

I just wanted to give a huge thank you and congratulations to the NL team! Judging by the pictures & reactions of the NLE community - it looks like your hard work over the last few years has officially paid off! I'm driving down to Austin for the weekend, so I won't be able to purchase NL2 until I get back. Have fun for me guys, lol. Can't wait to play around with NL2 when I get back!
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

Just wondering, 100 USD for the Pro Version are 73 Euro, but I had to pay about 80€ (all rounded values there)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

I'm sorry if people disagree with me but I am slightly disappointed by NL2, I know they said it would be different and I was expecting that but the ease-of-creation has changed so much that even as a proficient NL1 user I feel totally lost. I was really looking forward to the new stations, coasters, landscaping, scripts and everything but it feels so different and complex. Hopefully my view will change over the coming hours and days but as a first impression (after almost an hour and a half of playing around in the demo) is I am lost and I won't be purchasing the full version until I understand how to use it.

Update: I am no-longer lost and NL2 is kick ass! its a big change from NL1 but its awesome! Can't wait to get the full version!
    • CommentAuthorcalfan10

are you guys sure it will run on parallels?
    • CommentAuthorAltitude

^ It's been out for less than a day. You just have to learn to use it like the rest of us? Over time, you'll find it easier.

I've got 97% download on the standard version, I hope my Windows 8 Intel laptop copes with it :L
    I am amazed with the realism, the 4d coaster even has that seat bouncing the real coaster has :o

As for the G's and Speed press F2 (I just pressed all those F Keys to see what they would do xD) and it shows a little window with the same information that used to be as bar at top of NL1.

but I am really disappointed by NL2, I know they said it would be different and I was expecting that but the ease-of-creation has changed so much that even as a proficient NL1 user I feel totally lost

That's tough, handbuilding has become a lot easier and you'll wonder how you can ever go back within a few weeks.

• CommentAuthorAnubisLive

Can't seem to get on the BUY page... cleared my cache, keep on refreshing... is there a new link (the above ones don't seem to work!)
    • CommentAuthorAnubisLive

Thnx... after my comment, i refreshed one more time, what do you know... it all worked like a charm.... download speed is abysmal though.... DEMO looked AWESOME.... Can't wait to get playin'
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

@aw555000

I understand your frustration, but I bet you $10 that in a week or two you're going to look back on that comment and feel a bit foolish.

How long did it take you (or any of us) to become proficient with NL1? With Elementary? With Newton? With FVD++? Weeks? Months? Years?

It's a totally new program with a totally new editor. Fortunately, there are a lot of concepts and principles that carry over. I think you've allowed yourself to be bowled over by a new interface. Check the help files. Check the tutorials. This isn't Call of Duty where adding a 2 just means the textures change slightly and models go up in detail a bit. If the editor in NL2 was going to be better than it was in NL1, it needed to change, and it has. You'll get used to it, I promise.