Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorxymos
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2015

Does "All designs submitted become property of SIFI Limited." worry anyone else? Call me a cynic, but it really feels like whoever the client is really just doesn't want to hire a designer and instead will hold a free contest to take a design, or at least get ideas for one. I really want to participate, and it does say that the designer will be credited, but I guess I just have been burned before and don't want to get screwed. Does anyone have any additional info to put me at ease?
    • CommentAuthornSeven

That's pretty typical of a design contest - your work usually becomes property of whatever institution you're submitting to.
    Posted By: xymosit really feels like whoever the client is really just doesn't want to hire a designer and instead will hold a free contest to take a design, or at least get ideas for one.

I'm having trouble seeing the problem here.
    Posted By: xymosDoes "All designs submitted become property of SIFI Limited." worry anyone else?
    [snip]
    Does anyone have any additional info to put me at ease?

Everything you have placed on the NLE forums and the exchange is now ours, too. JK jk... Or am I?
    Im almost crying about the age thing :( Im soooo mad
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

This is quite common for all creative work. The person who composes music for a film does not own the final music. The film studio that commissioned the music owns it. Same applies to this type of work which is why that clause is included.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Of course I'm too young to enter. I love making compact crazy rides, damn!
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2015 edited

In rule 3, it says it has to go around the perimeter of the park, does this mean it has to do a full loop around the park, or could you do something like this:
    •  
      CommentAuthorhappyman

Fml :'(
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^^ I had in mind to go for something like this. Should be OK I think.
    Its saddening when you realize youre only 15 :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

I can't wait to get started on this! It seems like a good shot at what I want to do for the rest of my life.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I won't use the template but I will make my own building template and make it taller and put a jet coaster around the top of the building. This contest inspired me to make my own Japanese version of the contest building!
    @tbcoasterzz Yeah thats so sad :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Projektion, yes, that is fine. The idea of that rule is to stay out of the center courtyard and leave that area open for rides.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015 edited

Bug: The "ride look-ahead" option keep re-ticking itself each time I reload the program.

Also, I don't know how the g-force diagram works in the editor, but for a X-car 1 wagon, it's way off after less than 200m of track. I have a camel-back that is mean to be a floter according to the editor, and I have -1g in the simulator.
    Bug: The Wooden Trailer (2 row) The bottom bogie wheels do not spin. (I don't know if the 3 rows do it or not.)
    Posted By: KingRCT3Bug: The "ride look-ahead" option keep re-ticking itself each time I reload the program.

Also, I don't know how the g-force diagram works in the editor, but for a X-car 1 wagon, it's way off after less than 200m of track. I have a camel-back that is mean to be a floter according to the editor, and I have -1g in the simulator.

This happens with pretty much every ride type. I've had it set to near zero-g's in the editor and have near -2 in the middle cars in the simulator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015

The editor readout is from track spline level. When riding the g-force reading is from camera level, notably higher and off to one side than the center spline. A little higher makes sense.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

Old Issue which not fixed: Wing coaster cannot aligned perfectly with eletric collector when stopped in station
    •  
      CommentAuthor6FlagsManiac

Some will not be so savvy to this idea, but i feel we should make a coaster as a community. A collaboration of the NLE community, where we could combine our ideas and drive to create the best coaster possible. I think by making a coaster as a community we will ALL be satisfied with the end product and none of us will feel defeated if their project is denied. If anyone is interested in tackling this contest in such a manner, please contact me via skype (my skype is located in my account bio), i will organize the group in which we discuss the ride. Semantics such as who would contact the company if the ride is accepted can be adressed at a later time.

With only 2 weeks to tackle such a project, we should bring together all the devoted members who wish to partake to produce a ride we can all be happy with and all be proud of.

I'll leave it up to the rest of the community to provide their thoughts on my proposal now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

I'd really like to join in on that. We have a far greater chance of winning if we all pool our individual talents and create something incredible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

I'd be all in for that.
    same here
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Lol or you have a very equal chance at losing too!

Wish the model was more detailed so I could make an actual park-render with landscape...but eh...it's not.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ lol, that would be the biggest fail ever. Can you imagine someone winning over a entire community? Don't think it would happen, as there are a lot of talented members on this community.

Anyway, I think it's a very difficult task making this with some many people. More people means more opinions which will likely end on intern fights.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Yeah you might end up with a camel instead of something with a central vision.

(A camel is an animal that was designed by a committee, it's an old government saying)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

For the contest, when I downloaded the package, I got something weird.

Edit: complete overview
    have you got 'scenery' checked in the 'display' box?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

I am dumb.
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

[Insert intelligent insult here]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

How dare you! *slap*
    I guess this is the best place to post this, but I found a bug with mirroring. If your track has a switch track of any kind the rest of the coaster will mirror except that part.
    https://gyazo.com/d3012703d58b26dde9d98b813a6c149c
    Not a huge deal, but just thought I should point it out.