Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

PLEASE VISIT PAGE 3: IT HAS VASTLY IMPROVED: LINK

(Original post, Jan 11th, 2014)

Coming Soon.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2014

That´s a really nice Teaser! It seems, i´m not the only one which is having some trouble to make a straight lift hill? ;) Have to figure it out today. I´m excited to see more!!! Nice project to start with NL2 :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

I absolutely love Saw, looking forward to this !
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

That transition. Gorgeous.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Wow. that looks awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

The cutback element behind the dive loop looks far too drawn out, supports are inaccurate, have false tube sizes and connectors. Do you plan to do all the scenery as well?

I suggest you spend more time on the trackwork and supports before showing us stuff. At the moment it seems more like "hey I now have NL2"-motivated instead of a serious recreation attempt.
    • CommentAuthorr3vo
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2014 edited

Posted By: L BoschThe cutback element behind the dive loop looks far too drawn out, supports are inaccurate, have false tube sizes and connectors. Do you plan to do all the scenery as well?

I suggest you spend more time on the trackwork and supports before showing us stuff. At the moment it seems more like "hey I now have NL2"-motivated instead of a serious recreation attempt.

Looks great so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

Wow the heart line of that roll looks incredible, really nice work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

@r3vo
    I get it, it's NL2, everyone is exited about the new graphics and it looks oh so great. If you get past that phase, you might be starting to appreciate if someone is giving constructive criticism instead of praising that someone has thrown together some track and supports.
    • CommentAuthorr3vo

Posted By: L Bosch@r3vo
    I get it, it's NL2, everyone is exited about the new graphics and it looks oh so great. If you get past that phase, you might be starting to appreciate if someone is giving constructive criticism instead of praising that someone has thrown together some track and supports.

Why don't you get up from the computer for a few moments and stretch those legs. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being a douche. People did build/showoff threads for NL1 and no one cared, but all of a sudden someone makes one for NL2 and it's an issue now? Just chill.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

r3vo, have you seen L Bosch's Shambhala Rec? Take a look, then you can see why he's saying what he's saying ;)

Having said that, I'm looking forwards to this, Saw is probably my favourite coaster at Thorpe (even though it beats the crap out of you), and it's going to look amazing in the NL2 engine. I had a go at building it in NL1 years ago and gave up because I just couldn't get the shaping or scale right.
    The curve is definitely too drawn out but that dive loop entry looks excellent. I'll be heading to Thorpe when it opens again so I'm happy to shoot a load of reference photos for you if you like.
    • CommentAuthorr3vo

Posted By: sprogr3vo, have you seen L Bosch'sShambhala Rec? Take a look, then you can see why he's saying what he's saying ;)

I have and it's fantastic! However, it doesn't give him, or anyone for that matter, the right to act that way IMO.
    The Supports are temporary, this was my first ever NL2 track so I know its not perfect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

Posted By: r3voWhy don't you get up from the computer for a few moments and stretch those legs. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being a douche. People did build/showoff threads for NL1 and no one cared, but all of a sudden someone makes one for NL2 and it's an issue now? Just chill.

L Bosch's advice is fair, albeit blunt. He's not trying to be a douche.

Some people see "looks great so far!" as good constructive criticism because it motivates them to finish the ride. Others see "the shaping looks off on ______" as good constructive criticism because it's advice they can actually use to improve things.

It's up to the builder to decide what's fun for them to do, and in this example, CodeMaster's just playing around with NoLimits 2 so he's not stressing the details. Everyone else is just pitching in and he can use what he wants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

^Well said

Will you include the factory station as 3ds ? If so, maybe you could script in the police case's on the radio, that you hear whilst queuing. Also you could script in the pigeon that you always see ?
    • CommentAuthorr3vo

Posted By: AJClarke0912
    Posted By: r3voWhy don't you get up from the computer for a few moments and stretch those legs. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being a douche. People did build/showoff threads for NL1 and no one cared, but all of a sudden someone makes one for NL2 and it's an issue now? Just chill.

L Bosch's advice is fair, albeit blunt. He's not trying to be a douche.

Some people see "looks great so far!" as good constructive criticism because it motivates them to finish the ride. Others see "the shaping looks off on ______" as good constructive criticism because it's advice they can actually use to improve things.

It's up to the builder to decide what's fun for them to do, and in this example, CodeMaster's just playing around with NoLimits 2 so he's not stressing the details. Everyone else is just pitching in and he can use what he wants.

Fair enough, just don't want to see this site turn into TPR...
    If you don't want it to turn into TPR, you should welcome criticism from people who know what they're talking about over "looks great so far" comments on terrible designs haha. General statement, nothing to do with this ride.
    There's more than just Saw...

MUCH More...
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

omg, I was hoping you would do all of them :) Are you still going to do Stealth And Inferno ? Also, the colours on The Swarm look a bit too dark :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParallax
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2014

The only problems that I can see right now are the lift hill on Saw and the colors on Swarm. I can't really see much of any coaster, but Colossus looks the best from what I can see.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

Oh my god...are you seriously making Thorpe Park? This is going to be epic! My joint top theme park along with Alton Towers!
    I made a test POV for nemesis inferno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m81gxDQ8IEo&feature=youtu.be
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

You should have a go at recreating Alton Towers, especially with Nemesis and Air!
    I appreciate the excitement with NL2, and learning alot with the whole new shaping system, but there are plenty of details to be careful with. I'll just run through the NemesisInferno recreation video.

POVs look very good on NL2 I must admit, I can't wait to get it. First, the pre-lift, although the general shape is ok, you need to take better care with some things. For example some it is over-banked, and slightly too drawn out. Infact this applies to most of the recreation, the exit from the station is alot tighter in real life, along with the entrance to the lift and exit of the lift. Watch a good POV very closely to catch the small details in shaping that you need to perfect.

The whole POV seems littered with pumping and odd banking, again find a good pov and take the ride section by section. When you get it right the whole ride will look more real, and stop you having such an elongated brake run.

For the brake run, don't ever use friction wheels for the first brakes. The train enters it with speed and in real life if you had wheels there they'd be worn out in a day! To allow the train to leave the brake run after an e-stop, that brake run must be as a slight decline. The same applies for the corner after this first brake run, this should be at an angle and slowly flatten for the transfer track and station (use friction wheels for these as they are flat). Hope that makes sense.

All-in-all the advice I can give you is take your time. Because at the moment your recreations look extremely rushed and are missing many vital details that are needed for a high quality recreation. Doing all of Thorpe Park is a HUGE task, I'm saying it's impossible but maybe need to spend a couple of months on each ride, and it could end up being a truely legendary recreation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParallax

Everything seems (and by seems I mean definitely is) very rushed. The game has been out for 2 days and you already have most of Thorpe Park built. The layouts are very pumpy and and half assed. Instead of just building something to get it done, take your time and make it good.
    ^ I know, I am just making the layouts roughly, so i get an Idea of how the park is, where evrything needs to go, I am going over all the tracks and depumping, scaling and reshaping them.
    I redid saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mczOMY2JKa0&feature=youtu.be

I know, There are alot of things that are going to be changed:

The immelman.
    Everything before the lift
    The ending will be redone.
    Posted By: NOBODY

Cricket Noise.

Seriously? one comment please? one hint of advice? anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014

Well everything I was going to comment on you said you were going to redo anyway. Mainly the pre-lift part. It is pretty far off. In case you haven't seen this yet, this POV is a really good view of the pre-lift part.
    This project is not dead.

But saw and colossus will be the only rides in it to maximize the amount of theme I can do on Saw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014 edited

Have you fixed some of the simple things since the last POV (brakeruns and the like not being straight, lift wobble, etc)? I missed this somehow the first time around, but from the POVs you posted they looked very roughed in rather than close to final. Looks good from far away and I'm glad to see the project's still alive, but that's all I can say without seeing some of the details up close.
    The track has been completely redone. I will post a POV soon.
    You're on, b***

; )

Looking great so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014 edited

Ooh competition O-o. The only way to know who wins is whoever's computer blows up first due to amazingness.
    I'm going to leave this here...
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

That looks awesome
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014

I'm out ..
    Daily Progress Update:

•  
      CommentAuthorPhyter
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014 edited

Nice! Little touches like that can really improve the look and feel of a scene. By the way rotation and other simple object motion can be achieved solely by vertex deformer, a material setting. No scripting required.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014

I actually adore you right now
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014 edited

...and another Coaster on my "Imperativeley-have-to-download-it-when-it's-realeased-list"! I love these rotating vents, even if things like this are only small details, they really add to the experience.
    Wicked
    Wickedly wicked
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKED!
    • CommentAuthorrct800

I'm a bit worried about your shaping of the Immelmann and the Dive Loop after the MCBR. Other than that, this looks pretty good!
    Daily Progress:

•  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2014 edited

That scared the crap out of me when it started moving, lol. BTW, just looking at the spinning of the blades above the pullout, that GIF animation looks seamless at a glance. Only the clouds/trains/blade textures give away the effect.

Looking good, notably the extra attention to 3D detail especially around the lift (stairs, maintenance platforms).

Current render of Saw Building.
    Sunset Picture to end the day...