Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2014 edited

Hey guys,
    you haven't heard from me a pretty long time. Almost 1 year i think! Just wanted to say that I'm back and that i have a few new layouts and Ideas with me. For those who may still be waiting for 'Blackout' i can tell that i am going to finish it! Though, not yet. it's time will come...

What I'm working on since friday:

Actually i'm playing around with several layouts at the moment but i really like this one!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2014

Looks good, it would be cool if we could actually see the layout lol.
    want to tease you Little bit ;)
    I'm gonna Show you when i finished the supports!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2014

Oh my God, that launch system! Have you got it scripted or is it just static? I can't wait to see more of the ride, looks really good!
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2014 edited

Great to see you back in business, coasterdude!
    It's static at the moment and only a first test object. I have to learn scripting... never did it before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2014 edited

Okay guys,
    I Need your help! I've been trying to add a hydraulic Launch sound the whole afternoon...I tried to trigger the sound just a tiny bit after the Train gets launched but it doesn't work.
    I used the code of the let's 'Script tread' and this is the error I get:

This is what I did:

All files put together in park folder:

The sound.nlvm file:

soundTrigger.nlvm file:

Attached to Coaster:

The Trigger:

I have honestly no idea what to do. Like I said, I never scripted before....

Thanks for your help!
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2014

It crashes because the Coaster could not be found. Most likely because the names in editor and script don't match. Inside the editor, remove the '' inside the name fields. E.g. the name needs to be PlayLaunch_sound. Inside the script the '' are used to specify strings. Those characters are not needed in the editor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgeforcefan

Your Track is not found. If you have problems with this script I posted on another thread, jusk ask there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude

OMG Thank you!!! It works! This is awesome!
    I'm an Idiot... I had a different name.

EDIT:

Launch script test!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etsYWdiPiIE&feature=youtu.be
    Thats ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! The initial layout looks well made too. Very impressed.
    Wow. That is awesome. This is why I'm so excited for what NL2 has to offer. I'm looking forward to this.
    • CommentAuthortplowman91
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2014

Really neat... CoasterDude, did you have to use those brake fins as 3DS objects that are scripted or triggered?
    Thank you.

Posted By: tplowman91Really neat... CoasterDude, did you have to use those brake fins as 3DS objects that are scripted or triggered?

I used the scripted NL2 fins wich work pretty well in my opinion.
    • CommentAuthorMatt

Keep up the amazing work!
    • CommentAuthorLiroquai

Amazing Coasterdude. Seriously amazing!

Are you able to delay the launch a couple of seconds after the fins drop down? Also I'm not sure if you've seen Macaw on the exchange, but they've managed to work out how to do a prelaunch rollback in NL1. Not sure if it's also possible in NL2 but it would be great if you could apply it to this coaster.
    • CommentAuthortplowman91
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014

CoasterDude, when this is finished (if it gets finished) do you have any plans to release it? I know it may take a long while before it's done, but I am just curious! Looks like an awesome coaster!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014

That is an awesome sound effect, glad you managed to include it. Looking forward to more! :)
    First of all, thank you for the positive feedback. I really apreciate it.

Posted By: tplowman91CoasterDude, when this is finished (if it gets finished) do you have any plans to release it? I know it may take a long while before it's done, but I am just curious! Looks like an awesome coaster!

YES, I'm planning to release it. Though i don't know how logng it will take to finish this. I'm not sure yet about the theme. Ab the moment I'm planning to do a very basic and simple theme. Simple Station, some paths, lights, a second coaster, etc....

Posted By: LiroquaiAmazing Coasterdude. Seriously amazing!

Are you able to delay the launch a couple of seconds after the fins drop down? Also I'm not sure if you've seen Macaw on the exchange, but they've managed to work out how to do a prelaunch rollback in NL1. Not sure if it's also possible in NL2 but it would be great if you could apply it to this coaster.

I'm not sure yet. I'll check that and see if it somehow works.
    Bringin' it back to Life.

It's so awesome to walk around the Coaster and through the queue in walk mode!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2014

That looks unbelievable ! Any chance of when it'll be available for download ?
    that sound is so awesome, maybe at a bit more beef to it, make it scream!

But truly amazing, the possibility's to make awesome effects with scripts are endless.
    • CommentAuthorAV8R
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014

Is the hydraulic launch animation built into nl2? I'm working on a rocket coaster myself but don't see this option in the transport segment settings.
    Posted By: AV8RIs the hydraulic launch animation built into nl2? I'm working on a rocket coaster myself but don't see this option in the transport segment settings.

It's a 3d object i created with Google SketchUp.

Posted By: ChukenskyThat looks unbelievable ! Any chance of when it'll be available for download ?

I don't have any Idea yet. There's still a lot to do.

I continued working on the supports of the rocket coaster. Here are two more teasers for you:

What Color do you prefer? Red/white or blue/Purple?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014

I like these colors better, less Stormrunner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014 edited

Looks very nice, hopefully the trackwork matches the beatiful screenshots. One comment regarding the supports, in the top left corner on the first picture I would keep the supports in line with the track connector until it connects with the vertical support. See pictures below how Intamin does it.

Speedmonster
    Maverick

Actually looking at a few more picturs I see that Intamin does not use the 90 degree bend much on their coasters, instead they let one of the beams go a bit past the connection. If youre looking to replicate all aspects of an Intamin coaster take a closer look at how they do the supports.
    How do you get that great of screen shots?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2014

^He bought the Pro version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2014 edited

I see your Point viking86. I'm going to redo the supports.

I'm also going to add these: (need to tweak the colors a littlebit)

•  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2014 edited

Have a nice weekend ya'll!

(Please ignore the supports on the rocket coaster. I have to redo them!)
    Sorry for tripple-post but I've got a small Update for you.
    I fixed some Problems with my Sketchup version so 3d modelling is in progress.

As always, any comments and suggestions are appreciated!
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2014 edited

Since I'm currently waiting to get a new computer before i buy NoLimits 2 Pro Version, does the game come with cable launches for the Intamin Rocket coaster type? In the very first two pictures at the top of the page, can we please get a top view of the cable launch you have there? I was just unsure if it's a .3Ds object or part of the game.
    I assume he used supports to make those. The Rocket coaster launch just uses magnetic fins
    No, it doesn't come with a hydraulic launch.
    You can't see much in top view so i give you these two screenshots: ( Please Keep in mind that EVERYTHING is very raw at the moment because I'm running low on time)

very nice
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2014

I see you will need to brighten the ambient color of your models, I always do it in the NLSCO editor using custom NL materials.
    •  
      CommentAuthor8baannerd
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2014

This looks a-w-e-s-o-m-e!
    ^^ Yeah it's the typical sketchup black face and shading issue. I didn't edit the objects in Anim8tor because i simply don't have the time to do that everytime. These are all work in progress pictures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2014 edited

Are we still ignoring the supports on the rocket coaster? Because some of the bolts on the flanges right under the launch track looks to be inaccessible.

Love the launch details btw, looks fantastic! :)
    Have been busy the last month but i continued working on Blackout:

I had to rebuild all of the supports and there are still some 3ds scaling issues because scale seems to differ from NL1.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2014

I there any chance that 3ds smoke will be turned into some scripted smoke? Looks awesome so far, can't wait to see it done!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoworyta
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014

Where did you find the sound file for the hydraulic launch system? I cannot find it anywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014 edited

Posted By: JAKoolI there any chance that 3ds smoke will be turned into some scripted smoke? Looks awesome so far, can't wait to see it done!

Yes, and thanks!

Posted By: NoworytaWhere did you find the sound file for the hydraulic launch system? I cannot find it anywhere.

I extracted it from a Video of TTD. Try to search for it on youtube ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoworyta
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014

I knew it sounded familiar, what software did you use to convert it to and .ogg? I have Audacity and I believe that works....
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2014 edited

Posted By: NoworytaI knew it sounded familiar, what software did you use to convert it to and .ogg? I have Audacity and I believe that works....

There are tons of freeware you can use. I used ''Free Audio converter''.

A few days ago I decided to to put some focus on the rocket coaster project. But since I wasn't satisfied how it turned out i decided to do something different. So I came up with the idea of an Intamin LSM multi-launch coaster with 2 launches ( 100km/h, 110km/h). It features 6 Inversions and over 1700m of pure adrenaline.

Looks really good CoasterDude, keep up the great work. Be sure to keep your supports all the same size in the same areas, and the spacing even.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoasterdude
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2014 edited

Thanks, I'll focus on this.

I made some nice progress on the supports today:

EDIT: Replaced the last picture with the updated skybox i made a few minutes ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014

I love this layout, it seems like there's a good balance between inversions and turns. The lighting also is a nice touch.
    Thanks!

I'm not sure about the theme yet, but what would you think about a small scandinavian fisherman's village? I think that would fit the track pretty well.

Note: Please dont't take a closer look at the supports. Only a few of them are finished and final at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014

I like your suggestion for theming. If you need some inspiration try this link.