Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2014

Thanks, I did it before the coaster variable XD

I'm rewriting the Wooden Coaster Script in Scripted Park for my own coaster. I have a trigger on a lift, and if the trigger is triggered by the train, the switch should switch.

Click Main Class

And:

import com.nolimitscoaster.*;

public class switch1OnListener extends Script implements TrackTriggerListener {
    private Blocks mainClass;

public switch1OnListener() {
    //Nog niks, misschien later
    }

public void onTrainEntering(TrackTrigger trigger, Train train) {
    mainClass.Switch1.setSwitchDirection(2);
    }

public void onTrainLeaving(TrackTrigger trigger, Train train) {
    //Niks
    }
    }

1. No switching...
    2. Blocks: Block 'Before Launch 1' not found, and I have an exact copy of that name as a section in the editor (brake sergment)
    • CommentAuthorYPOC

Did you set your coaster to scripted mode, not closed circuit / shuttle? Else it won't work.
    • CommentAuthorAIex
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2014 edited

rcth Is this on pastebin your complete script?

Greets,

Alex, of Wuzi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Hmmm, it is in closed circuit mode. Does that explain the error the block doesn'exist?

Yes, the pastebin file is the entire mainclass.

I'l check tomorrow again.
    • CommentAuthorYPOC

^ Yes, I tried something similar already. You need to set your coaster to scripted mode and script your entire blockmode.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014 edited

Missing words from the NoLimits 2 help and reference files? Windows has a setting to make text appear larger and easier to read. If this is set to "Medium - 125%" words dissappear from the NoLimits 2 reference document. We found that any other setting and the problem does not happen. We are still researching further. For now go ahead and adjust that setting and the text will come back!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014

Thanks, the error is gone now, but:

Exception: NullPointerException
    at public void switch1OnListener.onTrainEntering(com.nolimitscoaster.TrackTrigger,com.nolimitscoaster.Train) in line 11
    at public void com.nolimitscoaster.TrackTrigger.onNextFrame()
    at void com.nolimitscoaster.Simulator.nextFrame()

}

}

//Niks
    }
    }

Line 11: mainClass.Switch1.setSwitchDirection(2);

Blocks is the name of the mainclass

The Switch1 variable is public accesable: public SpecialTrack Switch1;
    • CommentAuthordjcraze90

Posted By: rcthThanks, the error is gone now, but:

at public void switch1OnListener.onTrainEntering(com.nolimitscoaster.TrackTrigger,com.nolimitscoaster.Train) in line 11

}

}

//Niks
    }
    }

Where are you setting mainClass? I only see it being declared in your class file.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Posted By: gronji2004

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how to raise / lower terrain in perspective view at the click of a mouse button on the area you want raised / lowered? Also how to paint different ground textures at the push of the mouse?

Cheers,
    Alex
    I believe i can be of assistance there.

In the editor, open the Terrain tab, click on Terrain Settings to open the settings window, and where it has the 'Layers' window, click on the little + button at the bottom to add a new layer. Select the new layer you just added, and click the 'Settings' button, and choose the next texture to be used. Eg. If the first layer is grass, you'd choose dirt or something that's not grass. When you're happy with your new texture layer, ok everything and return to the editor screen. Now choose what point influence you want from the point influence drop down box on the left. This is basically your brush size. 1 is small, 4 is bigger, 16 is bigger still, etc.
    Don't forget to select your new layer from the drop down box above the point influence box. When you're happy with all that, click on Paint Layer and go plant some dirt on your grass. :)
    Is there a way to add clumps of trees?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Posted By: djcraze90
    Posted By: rcthThanks, the error is gone now, but:

}

}

//Niks
    }
    }

Where are you setting mainClass? I only see it being declared in your class file.

I forgot my Java knowledge of setting it XD I know did this:

Click Mainclass "Blocks". Line 75 is the creating of the Trigger Listener.
    Click Trigger class.

• CommentAuthorAIex

You only have one block defined?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Not the entire track is yet done. Is that a problem? Because it's only the switch at the moment which is needed.
    • CommentAuthorAIex

I would expect you would also have to define

private Block liftSwitch1Block;
    public SpecialTrack Switch1;
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

You mean define it in the Switch class?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Waiting for scripts to finish...

Exception: NoSuchMethodError: switch1OnListener()
    Ride View

at public void switch1OnListener.onTrainEntering(com.nolimitscoaster.TrackTrigger,com.nolimitscoaster.Train) in line 16

private SpecialTrack trackSwitch;
    private Block liftBlock;

public switch1OnListener(Blocks main, SpecialTrack trackSwitch, Block liftBlock) {
    this.mainClass = main;
    this.trackSwitch = trackSwitch;
    this.liftBlock = liftBlock;
    }

//mainClass.Switch1.setSwitchDirection(2);
    trackSwitch.setSwitchDirection(2);
    }

//Niks
    }
    }

Main
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I made a short video on a tandem station (yay for funky brakes). If you'd like to know how it's done just look in the description. ;)
    • CommentAuthorryan09

Is their a way to get the stats bar at the top of the screen to appear in the simulator. I tried to find it but I cant.
    • CommentAuthorblorb

Might be a stupid question but... are there keyboard shortcuts to change the views in editor mode? I miss being able to press just 'R' or 'T' to switch right or top view, respectively.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrinktvis

Posted By: ryan09Is their a way to get the stats bar at the top of the screen to appear in the simulator. I tried to find it but I cant.

Not as in NL1 but when you pres the F2 key you see a pop-up screen with the same info.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Posted By: ryan09Is their a way to get the stats bar at the top of the screen to appear in the simulator. I tried to find it but I cant.

No stats bar, but press F2 and you get a stats window
    • CommentAuthorFabienvg

I have been looking for hours how to make supports for a looping. I try to make this exact support for a looping you see in the front:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=python+efteling&tbm=isch&source=iu&imgil=Uas8UHM690zojM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcQz6AdJYauDbqxtVVieO2O9NX4goFInVfQTooLIUoXsb2Lqerdd%253B800%253B600%253BJJeG--mrLjtk_M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.panoramio.com%25252Fphoto%25252F1244268&sa=X&ei=jgLXUtG3CKLP0QXxlYCwCw&sqi=2&ved=0CDUQ9QEwAQ&biw=1920&bih=954#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Uas8UHM690zojM%253A%3BJJeG--mrLjtk_M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstatic.panoramio.com%252Fphotos%252Flarge%252F1244268.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.panoramio.com%252Fphoto%252F1244268%3B800%3B600

It's also for that type (looping and corckscrew) of coaster. I don't know how to get that railconnector. Can anyone help me?
    • CommentAuthorryan09

Thanks mrinktvis and sprog it was driving me craze.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Is there a way to hide coasters, objects, etc in the editor?
    Has anyone else noticed the roll panel being buggy and freezing often? I have to leave the editor and go back in to be able to close the panel a lot of the time.
    ^^To hide a specific coaster, go to the coaster tab and select "Hide Wireframe track"
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014

*Finally* was able to download NL2!

Regarding painting the terrain (such as rocks or dirt), how do I do that? All I see is 'Grass (auto-paint)'.
    • CommentAuthorMatt

Why are my trains slowing to 7mph every time it hits this brake section? The trains are going approximately 8mph when they hit the brake section.

• CommentAuthorsmor1297

Is there a way to display the 3D objects as a wireframe in the editor?
    • CommentAuthorsydney32

Is anyone else having the program crash when they apply the Wooden Generator? As soon as the support generator begins, the program freezes and eventually crashes.

No wooden supports for me.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97

Posted By: MattWhy are my trains slowing to 7mph every time it hits this brake section? The trains are going approximately 8mph when they hit the brake section.

Probably because of the friction the track has. It has nothing to do with you brake settings.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Matt, because it's a brake run. Either set the deceleration to 0.1, use a Transport device, or handle it.
    • CommentAuthorWildRoller

So, it's been several years since I played NoLimits at all and just picked up NoLimits 2. What's the best/easiest way to create a good tophat? I've played around with it some but it's incredibly hard to shape it properly.

Would love the help!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Posted By: cb0688*Finally* was able to download NL2!

Regarding painting the terrain (such as rocks or dirt), how do I do that? All I see is 'Grass (auto-paint)'.
    Scroll back up the page. I've already left a comment about how to do that, if you haven't seen it already.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014 edited

Is it possible to have a double fork section as shown below?

Well... yes.
    @djd711
    Just use a merge section first and then a fork section?
    Or the other way around, at least you have to alter them otherwise you can't connect them cause of the forward and backward connectors.
    It will probably turn out a bit bigger then that example but you can't get everything:p.

Then I had question:
    Would it be possible to create a script witch would alter settings in lets say a brake section or transport?
    That way you could make coaster witch would at first not make it but then role back come over a launch again, this time it is tweaked so they do make it!
    If this is not possible I would sincerely love it when it gets added, I see a lot of application for it.

The I had another not yet tested trick:*I am trying to learn the scripting to test this out*
    Basically you would at extra function to coasters, like automatically add trains.
    Or in case of a heavy park you would disable light effects or some other effect that is heavy.
    The way I would see this happen is by adding a not used invisible brake/transport/storage/lift segment, witch would at a button in the devices tab.
    Then you would script this button to do the two example things mentioned above.
    • CommentAuthorAltitude

How do I get to the smoother tool like Ctrl+g in NL1?
    • CommentAuthorDommy

^Select the vertices, go to "Element" and click on "Depump vertices"
    • CommentAuthorFabienvg

I wonder what the best settings are for the highest quality video output. DVD PAL, DVD NTSC or HD? And then 1080p or 720p? I plan to upload video's on youtube. I have the professional version.
    • CommentAuthorAIex

1080p, but you'll end up with a xx GB file, better use a media converter to convert it to mpeg2 ie to get a reasonable file size of a couple xx/xxx mb's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

HD, 1080p.

DVDs aren't HD, so video encoded for DVDs won't be either. 1080p is mo' betta' than 720p.
    • CommentAuthorAltitude

Posted By: Dommy^Select the vertices, go to "Element" and click on "Depump vertices"

Thanks!
    One other thing, how do I paint on to the terrain like in the demo video of the timberliners?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ This has been answered a few posts earlier:

Posted By: Womp83
    In the editor, open the Terrain tab, click on Terrain Settings to open the settings window, and where it has the 'Layers' window, click on the little + button at the bottom to add a new layer. Select the new layer you just added, and click the 'Settings' button, and choose the next texture to be used. Eg. If the first layer is grass, you'd choose dirt or something that's not grass. When you're happy with your new texture layer, ok everything and return to the editor screen. Now choose what point influence you want from the point influence drop down box on the left. This is basically your brush size. 1 is small, 4 is bigger, 16 is bigger still, etc.
    Don't forget to select your new layer from the drop down box above the point influence box. When you're happy with all that, click on Paint Layer and go plant some dirt on your grass. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

And raising/lowering terrain?
    • CommentAuthorskyrush12

I seem to not be able to get the overlay to work .... Ive tried to se a .jpeg, .png, and as .BMP (the bitmap comes with the error Cannot read BMP-File: Code: -9,
    Cannot read BMP-File: Code: -7 depending on if it was saved as a 16 bit or 32 bit ) the other two show up in the preview window but as soon as I click "ok" nothing shows up .
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

^^Click on Modify Markers.
    ^Make sure to enable the Overlay option in the Display settings of the current viewport (button on the top).
    • CommentAuthorskyrush12

Got it thank you
    • CommentAuthorAV8R

I feel like such a newb asking this, but I have to because I can't figure it out. After downloading a file from the exchange, I went into the play section of NL2 and downloads and the .nl2pkg appeared. However, after it installs, it doesn't go into my library and in order to ride it again, I have to go back into the downloads section and unpack it again. Is there a way to unpack it once and it will be in your library or is this the only way to ride NL2 downloads currently?
    The new package format is ZIP compatible, so just unzip it to your NL2 directory and rename the "files" folder to a unique name

edit: actually, you don't need to unzip it if you're not planning on editing it