Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAV8R
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014

so how do I get it into my library so I can just load and ride instead of unpacking it all the time?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

The files showed up in your Home directory. You can add files from there to the Library if you like.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014 edited

I think I might have been miss understood earlier, I am trying to achieve this particular setup, not a traditional fork. I just can't seem to get my head around how to make it work :/

Double fork section

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Start with a fork switch. On the left side add a merge switch. You need a short segment of track to connect the two. At the other end of the station use a merge switch to lead to the lift hill.

-Ride_Op
    ^^ The image I posted did show the correct arrangement, I believe
    • CommentAuthorYPOC

I always get a NullPointerException when I try to use methods from simulator in an instantiated class. I use it something along the lines to this:

import com.nolimitscoaster.*
    public class BlockScript extends Script implements BlockSystemController {
    private LaunchDisplayHandler launchDisplayHandler = new LaunchDisplayHandler();
    private double _t = launchDisplayHandler.getStartTime();
    }

import com.nolimitscoaster.*
    public class LaunchDisplayHandler extends Script {
    public double getStartTime() {
    return sim.getCurAbsSimulationTimeSec();
    }
    }

I'm sure that's just some simple mistake, but what am I doing wrong?
    BlockScript is attached to the coaster, and I tried to also attach LaunchDisplayHandler to it and using getCurAbsSimulationTimeSec() without sim. before it.
    • CommentAuthorgronji2004
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014 edited

All of a sudden opened NL2 today after working fine for days and got this error:

Welcome to NoLimits 2 v2.0.0.0 (Windows x86_64)
    XInput not installed
    XMLParseException in line 1: "unexpected character '" in function: parseTopLevel
    Cannot read XML-File
    Failed file: "C:\Users\Alex Reid\AppData\Roaming\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2\nolimits2_parkbrowser.xml"

Had the same error about the CFG file too, now all my seettings have been reset? Just out of the blue!

EDIT, just restarted NL2 and now get this:

Welcome to NoLimits 2 v2.0.0.0 (Windows x86_64)
    XInput not installed
    I would really like to disable the "a" key in the editor going to the beginning of the track. Or at least have Ctrl-Z be able to reverse it. Or even have another button to go to the end of a track. This gets really annoying when working with long tracks...
    • CommentAuthorzacattack
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2014 edited

So first off, I get the XInput Not Installed message as well sometimes, but it doesn't seem like it's had any impact on the sim running? I'm actually playing on a rMacBook pro through Bootcamp so IDK if maybe that could have something to do with it...

My real question is if there is any simple way to change some of the permanent colors on certain trains, like the reddish car front of the Kumba/Twisted sitdown train or the dark blue on the side of the Maurer Söhne spinner? These bug me to no end and I feel like I have to work my color schemes around them, or otherwise not use the type. I assume the only solution as of right now has something to do with custom textures?

On that same vein, I'm curious as to why there has to be any particularly visible part of the train (as opposed to things like the wheels) that is stuck on one color, especially since some of the chosen colors are not easy to work with aesthetically. Is there no way for all trains to be fully recolorable in the future, or otherwise controlled by the color selectors already available? It's not even as if that wouldn't be realistic, as not all sit-downs have the same color pattern as Kumba...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I... completely, completely agree. Disable A and D in track view, and have Track view always remember your last on-track position. Also have W and S move you forwards and backwards at the calculated speeds of the track, like in FVD++. Would totally negate the perceived need for being able to "ride" un-frozen track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2014

Oh so that is what has been sending me back to the beginning of the track.
    ^ & ^^
    A and D go between different track sections. If you have storage tracks or side-by-side stations etc.. it cycles between them so you can evaluate track view for all of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Waiting for scripts to finish...

Exception: NoSuchMethodError: switch1OnListener()
    Ride View

Exception: NullPointerException
    at public void switch1OnListener.onTrainEntering(com.nolimitscoaster.TrackTrigger,com.nolimitscoaster.Train) in line 16
    at public void com.nolimitscoaster.TrackTrigger.onNextFrame()
    at void com.nolimitscoaster.Simulator.nextFrame()

import com.nolimitscoaster.*;

public class switch1OnListener extends Script implements TrackTriggerListener {
    private Blocks mainClass;
    private SpecialTrack trackSwitch;
    private Block liftBlock;

public switch1OnListener(Blocks main, SpecialTrack trackSwitch, Block liftBlock) {
    this.mainClass = main;
    this.trackSwitch = trackSwitch;
    this.liftBlock = liftBlock;
    }

public void onTrainEntering(TrackTrigger trigger, Train train) {
    //mainClass.Switch1.setSwitchDirection(2);
    trackSwitch.setSwitchDirection(2);
    }

public void onTrainLeaving(TrackTrigger trigger, Train train) {
    //Niks
    }
    }

And the mainclass

Anyone can help me?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

How can I rotate the track around it's heartline?

EDIT: is it possible to run the coaster in the editor like nl1 does?
    • CommentAuthordjcraze90

Posted By: rcthWaiting for scripts to finish...

Ride View

Exception: NullPointerException
    at public void switch1OnListener.onTrainEntering(com.nolimitscoaster.TrackTrigger,com.nolimitscoaster.Train) in line 16
    at public void com.nolimitscoaster.TrackTrigger.onNextFrame()
    at void com.nolimitscoaster.Simulator.nextFrame()

public class switch1OnListener extends Script implements TrackTriggerListener {
    private Blocks mainClass;
    private SpecialTrack trackSwitch;
    private Block liftBlock;

public switch1OnListener(Blocks main, SpecialTrack trackSwitch, Block liftBlock) {
    this.mainClass = main;
    this.trackSwitch = trackSwitch;
    this.liftBlock = liftBlock;
    }

//mainClass.Switch1.setSwitchDirection(2);
    }

public void onTrainLeaving(TrackTrigger trigger, Train train) {
    //Niks
    }
    }

And the mainclass

Anyone can help me?

Can you verify that the code you posted is an exact representation of the code you're using? I ask because the error doesn't make sense to what your code looks like. I would expect you to be making a reference to a method called "switch1OnListener", but the only method being called is "setSwitchDirection" on your "trackSwitch" object.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

•  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

Is there a way to change textures, such as the wooden catwalks?
    Something that's been bothering me. When you change the background settings in your environment, how do you update it? when I recompute the background I'm left with the old one still.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97

rcth, can you check if trackSwitch is not null?

System.out.println(trackSwitch);
    }

•  
      CommentAuthorrcth

It does say null... But I don't see where I did go wrong.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97

You do

TrackTriggerListener Switch1ListenerOn = new switch1OnListener(this, Switch1, liftSwitch1Block);

but you haven't initialized Switch1... Maybe you should do that :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

public SpecialTrack Switch1;

Here?
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97

there should be something like

public SpecialTrack Switch1 = ......;

otherwise Switch1 is initialized to it's default value, which is null. Because you need your coaster instance, you can leave that line and in your onInit() method there should be something like

Swich1 = coaster.getSpecialTrack("SwitchName");
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Thanks, the only error left:

This is direct at the enable. And when the train is moving over the trigger: 0x33 (I guess that's the System.out.println() debug). Also, the switch isn't switching XD
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Posted By: nolimitersHow can I rotate the track around it's heartline?

EDIT: is it possible to run the coaster in the editor like nl1 does?

1) Under "Coaster Properties", go to the "Mode" Tab and under "Spine Position" change it from "Center of Rails (C.o.R.)" to "Heartline of current coaster style". Do this before you start building though, if you do it midway/after it alters the rest of the track shaping.

2) The closest I've found is go to "play" without freezing your coaster, and it runs as a wire frame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWalki

I have one problem. When I try to place a node it will be placed in the wrong direction. For example: if I want to create a flat curve and I am in the top view, I would place a node and the node goes up instead of to the side. Same in other views as well. I already tried clicking the previous node and then placing a new node, but it does the same thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Posted By: secretimbecileSomething that's been bothering me. When you change the background settings in your environment, how do you update it? when I recompute the background I'm left with the old one still.

Changing the background requires saving, closing, and reopening the park to see the changes take effect.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014 edited

For some reason I can't use the full manual mode to manually send the train from the station. Any ideas on why this is? I know I'm missing a brake block but I don't know why that that wouldn't let the train send. I'm trying to do like classic arrows, when the train in the station is sent around the course to be placed on the right storage track.

Edit: also where do find the location of screenshots for no limits 2? I used to know for the first one, but now I have no clue now. Any help? Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorElvenage
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014

In Win7, my screenshots are located in C:\Users\Elvenage\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2. Otherwise known as "My Documents".

When you hit 'k' in the sim, white text in the bottom left hand corner shows you where it's saved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

Posted By: rcthThanks, the only error left:

This is direct at the enable. And when the train is moving over the trigger: 0x33 (I guess that's the System.out.println() debug). Also, the switch isn't switching XD

Anyone?

Posted By: ElvenageIn Win7, my screenshots are located in C:\Users\Elvenage\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2. Otherwise known as "My Documents".

Thanks that worked. Now I can show off some work.
    • CommentAuthorskyrush12

When I got to change the transfer track to display no structure and click ok ... I go to open the TT properties tab again the structure has went back to simple on its own.

How do you make or use one of those clearance brackets/ spacers? I have one spot that's so close with the support and the track. I think it would make it but I'm not 100% sure
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

Just place the clearance envelope object (Library/Scene Objects/Demo Objects/) near the train and ride it in the simulator. It's a scripted object which will automatically choose the right clearance envelope for the coaster type.
    •  
      CommentAuthor8baannerd

You find it under "Scenery" -> "Choose" -> "Library" -> "Demo Objects" -> "Clearance Enveloppe", and place it somewhere on the train

Edit: L Bosch was earlier
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

What exactly can you do with the Radius Comb XY?

@ L Bosch, 8baannerd

Hey thanks guys. I got it going.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

I bought an Xbox 360 controller for Windows today to use in NL2 however I can't get the result I was after. I planned to use the right analogue stick to make smooth pan shots however when you gently move the stick the motion is not smooth it is stepped in X and Y increments. Is there any way to fix this?
    •  
      CommentAuthormrinktvis

Posted By: rcthWhat exactly can you do with the Radius Comb XY?

With the Radius Comb you can see how smooth your curve is, so you can change the curve so that all the lines are lined up and than you have a smooth curve. But to get a smooth curve you can also use the debumb option.
    Posted By: djd711I bought an Xbox 360 controller for Windows today to use in NL2 however I can't get the result I was after. I planned to use the right analogue stick to make smooth pan shots however when you gently move the stick the motion is not smooth it is stepped in X and Y increments. Is there any way to fix this?

Cheater!!

EDIT: Actually... I have a 360 controller. I have been spending like 2 years of my life trying to find a smooth way to do pans. Please let me know if this works and I'll love you forever.
    I have a gaming mouse (Corsair Vengance) which has buttons to increase or decrease the sensitivity, when you decrease it the mouse tracking is a lot slower allowing for smooth panning. If you ran NL2 in a window, then has your mouse settings up in another window, you could do this trick manually.
    • CommentAuthortplowman91

How do you get a brake pumping affect when coming into a slow roll stop where the skid brakes apply/release/apply/release/apply/release? Makes a "Chik-Chicka-Chicka-Chick-Chicka" sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2014

Does anyone know how to script an object to swing? I honestly cannot work it out from the examples.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

How do I keep the environment to be permanently set on a specific time of day? I want it to be dusk but it continues to be dynamic and I don't want this.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

I am trying to script and when I open up the sim, the messages box says that there is an unexpected character in line 1 of the script. Line 1 just says

Every script I've seen the devs do has this line so I thought it was necessary. Anyone know what's going on?
    • CommentAuthorReal

Finally figured out how to do dual stations...so many options staring me in the face that I just dont see for 30min. Then it destroys my face.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

So I made a custom 3ds Transfer structure and I went into the transfer option and selected structure "off" instead of "simple" and when I froze the coaster the structure is still there. Is there a way to fix this of is it a glitch?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter

Posted By: JAMMYD778Does anyone know how to script an object to swing? I honestly cannot work it out from the examples.

Something like this..

public class swinging_object extends Script
    {

private SceneObject sco;
    private SceneObjectElement main;
    private float angle;
    private static final float speedFactor = 1.5f;
    private static final float amountOfSwing = 5.0f;

public bool onInit()
    {
    sco = sim.getSceneObjectForEntityId(getParentEntityId());
    main = sco.getElementForName("lamp");
    return true;
    }

public void onNextFrame(float tick)
    {
    angle += speedFactor * sim.getCurSimulationTickSec();
    main.setRotation((float)(Math.sin(angle)*Math.PI/amountOfSwing), 0, 0, 1);
    }
    }
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter

Posted By: MilBeeEvery script I've seen the devs do has this line so I thought it was necessary. Anyone know what's going on?

com.nolimitscoaster is the namespace for the main class library that provides the methods for basically everything except math functions. nlvm.math3d is the namespace for the math library.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter

Posted By: 1bluesheSo I made a custom 3ds Transfer structure and I went into the transfer option and selected structure "off" instead of "simple" and when I froze the coaster the structure is still there. Is there a way to fix this of is it a glitch?

It appears to be a bug. We've noted it on our log.