Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016

I only wish it was out before the roundup
    ^agreed, but hey, I'm sure as heck not complaining! Sooooooo excited for this :)

Edit: just read the official post on the NoLimits website, and now I'm super psyched. I mean, 20 different park lamps and a similar variety for other park objects? Yes please!

...also wouldn't complain if they snuck a nice new train style in there, like the new gen vekomas or Intamins ;D
    ^^^You mean sun shafts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2016

Yes.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

hopefully thoses effects can be disabled.
    Just in case, they shine through buildings or something like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

They don't shine through solid objects and they look great through trees.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

ok. I'll trust you on this, because the sun right now is very good in ignoring solid objects.
    I build a black cube (with falls facing in and out) and i can see the sun. Works on every setting/environment/Object. This also includes the demo parks.

When this update fixes that problem, then i can understand the hype :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

That's a separate issue than sun rays. Between the lighting and setting all objects inside to dim as if in a tunnel you'll get what you need.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2016 edited

Can you show us a pic of a indoor box with a piece of track and coaster cars and how dark it is? Also how much darker will the concrete tunnels and the rest of the default tunnels be? Will they be dark like this?

•  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

^^
    didn't work.
    I can still see the sun flares and the sun through that object (even with dim-option on).

But i found something interesting:
    when i tab out of NL2 and go back, the sun flares dissapears.

i guess, that qualifies as a bug :/

I could add a note:
    "If you see sun flares, tab out of the app and maximize again."
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Looks very good. This also means that scenery will be much better right? Also, considering the change, can we expect a change in the daytime performance? Or will that remain the same?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Will being underwater at 245 MPH look better now?

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Daytime performance is similar when there is one light source (the sun). These improvements apply to user placed lights.

Togo: No. And we will never work on that since nothing travels at 245 mph underwater in real life.

-Ride_Op
    Posted By: TOGO FanCan you show us a pic of a indoor box with a piece of track and coaster cars and how dark it is? Also how much darker will the concrete tunnels and the rest of the default tunnels be? Will they be dark like this?

Just watch Heidjahöst or Escape from Tomorrow POVs ;) but shhhh

Can't wait for the update FINALLY and it's so pretty <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Video editing.

^I don't believe that :P
    But i guess it's pretty close to that new engine :)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Does planet coaster use the newer Full Differed engine that NL2 will have?
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2016

The Escape From Tomorrow POV uses the lighting update in addition to Mike's touchups, which make an appearance in all of my POVs.

It's hard to fake ambient occlusion with VFX :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ You mean the VFX touchups of mike or do you already have acces to the new update? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Two people outside of the dev team have the update, neither has posted in here. The rest of you don't.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2016 edited

Posted By: TheBeatlesThe Escape From Tomorrow POV uses the lighting update in addition to Mike's touchups, which make an appearance in all of my POVs.

It's hard to fake ambient occlusion with VFX :P

Oh, ok I didn't know. My bad. :)

I mean, a lot of people were guessing that he had, but no official statements were made. Thanks for keeping the community in the loop...
    But anyway, as those are also edited videos, we can't really see the final rendition of the update.

I cleaned the topic, we get it - nobody has the update... yet. =D
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2016 edited

Quote from Ride_Op: "Daytime performance is similar when there is one light source (the sun). These improvements apply to user placed lights."

Not entirely true. The new lighting engine will not improve frame rates for one light source parks, but I also implemented a new and much more improved automatic occlusion system that will clip more objects that are not visible. Manual occluders are not directly required anymore. It depends on the park if and how much the new system will have any effect. Typical parks with flat landscape will not benefit from it, but all parks with steeper terrain or high vertical walls will benefit from it. Especially indoor scenes will be noticeable faster with the new system.

- Ole
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Will the update come out today?
    ^Why? Maybe it's a christmas update or they release it early next year (January)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I want to get back to jamp up land after the new update. I want to remove the macdonalds and the funfair behind it and add more coasters. I hope that it will improve the hidden dark wild mouse coaster inside the hill.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it definitely won't be today.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016

Will the new update have any extra surprises? Like the RMC update?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016 edited

^How about you just wait and see like the rest of us.
    ^Good idea
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

Posted By: TOGO Fanany extra surprises?

Would they tell you if they wanted it to be a suprise?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

I think that the new update will come out today, since the previous christmas updates both came out on december 23th.
    • CommentAuthorole

Update will not come out today and not on Christmas. I am targetting to get it released before January 10th which would be the 3rd annivesary of NL2, maybe earlier, but one important (promotional) feature is also still in the works and it won't be finished within the next days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Thanks for the notice, so at least people won't be disappointed if they don't see anything tomorrow or on sunday. And anyway, Christmas is about spending time with relatives, so get off of that computer folks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorelement 115

R eally cant wait for this now. M ore time is fine by me. C hristmas will be busy for me anyway.
    ^Heh, I got you...
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

We'll get this out of the way: Ole has outlined what is contained in the update. If he did not mention it, it's not in the update. Sorry to burst some RMC bubbles, not in this update.

That said, the performance increase is really impressive for parks full of lights at night. Hystereo is an extremely demanding park, and the update gave us 50% or more boosts to FPS.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you let everyone know on steam that NL2 is getting a huge update very soon? To create some hype and excitement?
    I'm excited about the light update. I haven't been able to use lights much as it makes my parks un playable
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

How many NL2 players on steam forums actually know that there is a huge update coming very soon?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Probably not so many. I wouldn't know about it if I wouldn't be here.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can the devs give the news about the upcoming update to help create some possible revenue from new buyers and some hype?
    • CommentAuthorGigaG

No RMC... :(

But can't complain about the lighting. Better appearance + Better performance is always great! I'm guessing this will also improve framerates on the Olympia Looping park?

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Posted By: TOGO FanCan you let everyone know on steam that NL2 is getting a huge update very soon? To create some hype and excitement?

Posted By: TOGO FanHow many NL2 players on steam forums actually know that there is a huge update coming very soon?

Posted By: TOGO FanCan the devs give the news about the upcoming update to help create some possible revenue from new buyers and some hype?

Patience, young padawan...
    ^Now thats what I call gorgeous
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2016

No parlor tricks. No smoke and mirrors. No VFX editing. This is what you can expect from the new update. It's freaking revolutionary. It not only looks miles better, but it performs with such clean precision that you'll wonder what sorcery is going on under the hood. This scene clocks in at a steady 145 FPS.

I have also gotten better at making foliage that not only looks good, but performs well. In addition to some new 3D trees, I'm developing new 2D models and large HD 'Treeline' objects that will hopefully make greenfield a thing of the past. They cost almost nothing to your system and because of the new occluder update from ole, they can actually improve your framerate as they have the potential to block out anything behind them. I hope to get these new foliage items into the system before the update, but in the chance it doesn't happen, a new download link will be available on the anniversary of NL2.

Also also...I'm not dead.

:)
    OH. MY. GOD. I cannot wait.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2016 edited

Mike... You're alive??? It's a Christmas miracle!!!!

That screen looks gorgeous, love the sound of the new foliage. Can't wait.
    I have a feeling that the Screen Shot Saturday entries for the weeks following the new update are gonna be unbelelievable. I know we sometimes say this a lot, but Mike, that looks like a legitimate photograph.

Also glad to see that you're not dead hahaha. For a second I thought you had jumped ship and switched to a Planet Coaster! ...so the mods can delete that thread I started lol
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2016

Of all the Christmas gifts this is the one I'm most excited for.