Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Why can I not press enter anymore to close a panel with an ok button in the editor? Before 2.5 it was possible

EDIT: it's not with every panel
    ^ I noticed this too but eh lol
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2017

This happens to me too, it's super annoying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

^^^^^ Ah you already had it off.

^^^ Which panels specifically are you seeing the issue? Report to techsupport@nolimitscoaster.de

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ It used to work in the color panel for sure, but doesn't now.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Additionally, pressing enter while entering values (such as scenery placement coordinates) no longer applies the values, you must manually click the ok button
    https://gyazo.com/032d6f6fcfbe55f7b7a7210b6cc0f02a
    Looks like someone got a link to an unlisted video from Chance Rides showing off a Family Mine Train coaster for Adventuredome! I assume this will be for the 2018 season.
    ^ Looks like a fun ride. Man another coaster in the Adventuredome will be sweet! I'd ride it! Their graphics card looks about as good as mine lol!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017

I love that little stacked helix thing, hopefully there will be some cool theming to accompany it.
    ^ I imagine it will be mixed around the rocks like the other coasters there. Especially with the helix near the end.
    Posted By: ride_op^^^ Which panels specifically are you seeing the issue? Report to techsupport@nolimitscoaster.de

-Ride_Op

Done
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017 edited

Not sure if this is a bug or an intended feature, but the lights in the sim are far more intense than how they appear in the editor.

How they appear in the editor:

How they appear in the sim:
    ^Your eyes can adjust in the sim, but not in the editor. :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2017

Since when does NL2 support double-sided materials without using 2 meshes?
    This completely cought me by surprise... but nice to know.

Was a bit confused, when a model had a texture on both sides (the back-side mirrored).
    (This happend by accident, when i somehow selected both sides for UV-Mapping).

That means: I dont have to create 2 meshes anymore for windows and other transparent stuff. Wohoo :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2017 edited

Are you sure your meshes aren't duplicated (maybe just internally in your modelling software)? Since actually as far as I know you shouldn't be able to uv map "two sides" without having separate vertices for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017 edited

The option in Sketchup for double-sided was turned off and even 3Ds max confirmed, that it was a single sided mesh.
    But NL2 was able to render it as double sided, when both sides are painted.

If it was double-sided, than the exporter of 3ds max would have shown it in the log-file.
    ... What about this "secoundary UV-File for DAE" (the option in the material-editor) Not sure, if i had turned it on. Maybe this added the back-side texture.

But another question:
    When i use VR-Mode, can i also watch NL2 on a 3D - Beamer? would it work?
    (I dont have a 3D beamer, otherwise, i would already tested it)

1. VR causes motion sickness for me, but a 3D Beamer works fine.
    Would be funny, for a haunted mansion. :D

2. I think a 3D monitor or a 3D Beamer is still cheaper than occulus rift.
    Just as an FYI, I've found a new bug with the update. Running 2.5.0.4 and for some reason it won't let me double click on park folders in the Play menu. I assume this is related to the bug found previously where Enter doesn't work on OK buttons.

In this GIF I am attempting to double click on the folders, but they will not open.
    https://gyazo.com/fe88a3bf1c8c7b42652d17930d867416

EDIT: This same bug occurs in any menu where there are folders. Just tried it in the Select Environment Menu, Import Coaster Menu, Import Element Menu, etc. All the same results. I would imagine this is a pretty serious bug because its not letting me open any folders? Is anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT 2: JK GUYS FALSE ALARM lol just updated to 2.5.0.5 and all's well
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017

^^ I guess the stereo3d mode would be better for this than the VR mode ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

yeah, something like this would be funny.
    Maybe there will be something like this in the future to render side-by-side videos
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

ehh it wouldn't be ... it is funny!

NL2 manualCommand Line Parameter: --stereo3d
    Will start the application in stereo 3D mode. In stereo 3D mode, the scene is rendered twice for left and right eye. Enable 3D-Mode (Side-by-Side left/right) on your TV to enjoy NoLimits with stereo glasses. The field of view has a dramatical effect on the depth perception and can be controlled with the view panel. It typically only makes sense to use the stereo mode in fullscreen mode. Some TVs also require the fullscreen mode to be 1920x1080 (Full HD) resolution only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

^
    im not used to this magnitude of updates.

It's a trap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2017

I came across a lighting/material bug.
    https://gyazo.com/a83ea6528e132299c8ef8278215a0e2a
    track set to "new".
    https://gyazo.com/f0f27dbb2f321d02ef5435d1e6e9e174
    track set to "worn", no colors changed.
    https://gyazo.com/beae9362002359a6ade529b63ddf07e7
    the transport wheels on "worn" setting.

I can give more information if needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

You'll need to give more information, though this isn't going to be a bug. The "worn" settings are applied dynamically to engine generated items like rails, spine, catwalks, and supports. The color is assigned by the user, and the texture used is chosen by the wear setting. Track hardware uses models that have parts specifically textured. Color assignment is picked up, but the "wear" level is not applied since the items have their own textures. Train models do not "wear" either for the same reason.

-Ride_Op
    ^I think he may be referring to the fact that there's a noticeable color difference in the top and bottom pictures on the track spine. I've noticed it too, when set to new, the track gets a little more desaturated? It's never bugged me though :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ That exactly :)
    ^I dont see the differnce, you might be seeing the reflections? New has higher amount of cubemap..
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2017 edited

Posted By: FüchschenSince when does NL2 support double-sided materials without using 2 meshes?
    This completely cought me by surprise... but nice to know.

Finally found what caused this problem.

The Autodesk Collada Exporter adds a secound line to the model:

<polylist count="1" material="Map #1-diffuse-Material"><input semantic="VERTEX" offset="0" source="#Plane001-VERTEX"/><vcount>4 </vcount><p> 0 1 3 2</p></polylist>

it just adds a # to the name and inverts the facing. Its not possible to disable it.

So i tried:
    http://www.opencollada.org/

and Nolimits said:
    Nope!

Cannot read XML-File
    E:\Nolimits2\Script Madness\Objects\[interactive][PROP_Demo] Fog_Area.nl2sco: Cannot load scene object. Check the message console for details.
    Failed file: "E:\Nolimits2\Script Madness\Objects\de\flashfox\interactive\Properties_Demo\fog\fog_mesh.dae"
    used in: E:\Nolimits2\Script Madness\Objects\de\flashfox\interactive\Properties_Demo\fog\fog_mesh.dae
    used in: E:\Nolimits2\Script Madness\Objects\[interactive][PROP_Demo] Fog_Area.nl2sco

Its not a big deal, because http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/ fixes all the problems.
    But maybe, openCollada has more options for NL2. I dont know. Just a random thought

I just need to remember:

If sprite/single sided -> Open Collada / OnlineConverter
    If doublesided mesh -> Autodesk Collada

:D

EDIT

The 'No Render' and 'No Editor Render' options are used together. This makes no sense, because the material will not be renderer at all. Instead you should delete the polygons in the 3d model.

This makes total sense, when the used exporter adds random materials, and this behavior cant turnd off >.>
    im not going to manually delete 200 lines across the DAE file.

Adding 'LIMITS' to NoLimits makes no sense :>
    I hope i can still upload parks anyway. If thats the case, than i dont mind.
    "Save Package" tend to refuse to work, when warnings like this shows up
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2017

NoLimits2 being used at an University for the "ME497: Roller Coaster Dynamics course".
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2017 edited

^^ Or for putting ride cameras for example on an object, which have a visible in the modeller but are both invisible in the editor and the play mode (without having to set them invisible by the script) ;-) - the warning just pops up in the nl2mat editor, it works without problems also when packages are created.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017

^
    Ok, thank you.

remember that nlscript-chaos, where the root-folder wasn't where its supposed to be... ?
    that was a nightmare to upload that park.

I thought this would be "act II" xD
    Posted By: Kyle Sloane^I dont see the differnce, you might be seeing the reflections? New has higher amount of cubemap..
    \

He's saying that 'New' appears a lot more faded than 'Worn'. It's not reflections.
    https://gyazo.com/0430c35c6f1382c5bc69a6c84c214812

VR pop in is still a thing. Sorry to be naggy, but will this ever be properly fixed? A simple solution (in theory) is to tweak the occluder settings for vr only mode
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2017

Please report all issues to techsupport@nolimitscoaster.de

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2017 edited

So dev's, I remember you guys in the past mentioning how hard it is to gather sounds and what not for the game, and that's totally understandable.

I remember Holiday World releasing POV's of their rides and the audio was SUPER crisp, and was very nice sounding, atleast for the voyage POV.

Here's the video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBJZ-sDc-SM

Would it be possible to integrate sounds from this into the game? It would be really nice to hear a more crisp sound when riding the wooden coasters and those videos offer exactly that. Of course it's just a suggestion but I thought I'd atleast mention it for the sake of possibility. :)

EDIT: There's also a really nice difference in sound for the airtime hills and such which could also be implemented depending on a force meter of some kind.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2017

Whoa, that's like an ASMR coaster POV. I love it and hope to see more
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

It's nice, but from experience it's not what we need. Sounds recorded on-ride are full of odd rattles and inconsistencies that do not quite produce a good, usable, continuous roaring loop appropriate for the coaster at hand. You end up hearing a lot of car parts rattling around and excessive amounts of wind noise. We add our own wind so we need windless noise. I've recorded sounds on-ride and off-ride. Our high speed coaster sounds are from off-ride recordings.

Before we see a flood of new video suggestions, keep in mind that there are copyright ownership issues at hand, and, we think the sounds are fine now and we are putting our efforts into other, bigger projects. Duly noted that you'd all like a new wooden coaster rumbling sound.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

As I posted into the Planet Coaster thread already, theye did a wonderful live-stream about audio, with a very detailed part on the coasters (starting around 00:50:00).
    They are using the middleware Wwise, and it allows them to be reactive to g-forces as well as surrounding environment (but that might be a whole another level to add). If the game has less than 200 sounds, Wwise is free to use.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^^ I never even thought about the copyright side of it haha. Got a really nice chuckle out of that final comment too, so thanks for that!

EDIT: In honesty though, and I totally understand your point about recording the actual audio of real life rides and such... However it does seem that in real life cases most woodies have a very abstract sound, as in there's a lot of rattling and moving parts etc. My video recommendation is only an example of how I feel the wooden coasters should sound compared to the linear roar we hear now. Either way it's to be taken with a grain of salt :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

^ As it was even shown in the PC stream (^^ thanks for sharing that - very interesting!) it's actually quite common to recreate sounds "in a studio" - that's also done for example in almost every movie. I've recently tried to investigate if there are even specialized synthsizers for sound creation (anyone knows if something like that exists?).
    I like the new website. A very nice upgrade to the old one.
    http://nolimitscoaster.com/index.php
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2017 edited

So I have recently decided to re install no Limits again and I've lost my Key to the game. I messaged the no limits support email on the site a month ago and got no reply. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I also need a steam key as well, as I'm trying to get the 2.5 update
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2017

Email our support team at nolimits@nolimitscoaster.com for assistance. And be sure to add that email address to your safe sender list to ensure the response does not go to a spam folder.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2017

I just emailed you guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017 edited

Getting this message since I actually installed the Steam version.

NL2 closes now every 5 minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2017

That update came yesterday and was unnoticed!

Posted By: NoLimitsSnapchat plugin for NoLimits 2: Add filters to your screenshots directly in game!
    We've been working with Snapchat to bring you the latest in filter technology to our built-in screenshot and video capture features. Once downloaded and installed, simply launch your favorite coaster, press F3 to bring up the Filter menu, choose your effect, and the magic happens! Snapchat's facial recognition technology automatically scans the contours of your coaster car and realistically applies the filter perfectly. You can't even tell that it's a special effect! Download the new plugin from the downloads page at www.nolimitscoaster.com

<(I missed April Fool's from you guys, and I loved this one!)
    I'm having an issue with the dynamic sky. I'm setting it to a certain time in the editor and it will change the sky to that time in the editor, but when I go into the simulator, it's set to the original default time. I've tried closing and reopening that park, changing environments and switching back to the default and nothing has worked. It's not specific to one park either, I'm having this problem with all of my parks. Anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to fix this?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2017

^ Go to the 'others' tab in the setup menu, and make sure it's not set to "use current time and date"

Other than that, i don't really know what else to suggest.
    ^ That worked. Thanks! I really have no clue how that got checked.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2017

There was a new update. It added this.

Several multi threading optimizations for higher frame rates on multi-core CPUs Engine
    Improved loading times of DAE files DAE Loader
    Removed automatic occlusion system for VR and stereo mode Engine The system currently is not compatible with stereo views
    Added workaround to prevent GPU doing immediate power saving (Nvidia) in editor Engine The power saving can cause jerky frame rates
    Improved track and supports LODs Engine Second LOD now makes use of specular map
    Exe now compiled using VS 2015 Engine Improved performance over VS 2010
    Fixed a bug that caused light sources to stay fixed when keyframing animation is played Scene Objects
    Various methods of class Section and Block now work even when not in scripted operation mode Scripting Can be used to detect various block and section states
    Improved block script of Script Park by adding a couple of helper classes which can be found inside the park folder Parks The helper classes simplify the implementation of custom block scripts. Feel free to make use of them for your custom block scripts.
    Improved write masks for output registers in shading core NL2MAT Editor All possible write masks are supported now
    Improved swizzles for input registers in shading core NL2MAT Editor All possible swizzles are supported now
    Improved halo detection latency Engine Halos fade slighter faster when blocked
    Fixed a bug that caused the assignment operators (+=, -=, *=, etc.) generate a compile time error for type long Scripting All assignment operators now work for type long
    Fixed a bug that caused final static members declared in base classes to sometimes be zero in sub classes Scripting
    Added method Section.getStationGateState() Scripting Can be used to detect the station gate rotation
    Added method Train.getHarnessState() Scripting Can be used to detect the train harness rotation
    Added method Coaster.isEmergencyStop() Scripting Can be used to detect the emergency stop state
    Added method Coaster.isScriptedOperationMode() Scripting Can be used to detect the operation mode
    Added method Block.getNormalModeState() Scripting Can be used to detect the block state for non-scripted operation modes
    Added method String.endsWith() Scripting Common helper method
    Added Vertex World Position Texture Coordinate Generation Mode NL2MAT Editor Can be used to generate texture coordinates from the world coordinates of the 3d object
    Added Alpha Color from Vertex Red Channel mode NL2MAT Editor Can be used to take the red channel of the vertex map for the alpha color. This might be usefull in case the 3d modeller (such as Blender) supports only RGB channels in vertex maps
    Added RSQRT Function to Shadercore language NL2MAT Editor Can be used with dp3 instruction for normalizing vectors
    Added Metal Floor 2 material to library Materials Used frequently by flat rides
    Added loading of second UV map in LWO files LWO Loader
    Various smaller bug fixes and optimizations
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2017

Posted By: TOGO FanAdded method Section.getStationGateState() Scripting Can be used to detect the station gate rotation
    Added method Train.getHarnessState() Scripting Can be used to detect the train harness rotation

Am I right in thinking this bit will allow us to attach objects to the airgates and harnesses. I may be wrong, I can't script to save my life.