Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017 edited

Can the please be a "select all roll nodes" feature and be able to rotate them all at once? Instead of clicking each roll node to rotate it 5 degrees? When you have a 1,800+ foot long water slide in Jamp Up Land that has 134 roll nodes that need to be rotated one by one by one. That takes forever!! Here is a pic of them.

You can already select them all at once but cannot rotate them all at once. I will end up rotating 4,824 roll nodes by the time I finish this water slide!

If I add all the roll nodes from the blackhole tube waterslide I will have had to rotate 7,560 roll nodes one by one by one each.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017

Nothing to say here but thanks for the update, guys! I spot some usefull features, that's awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

Posted By: ride_opWe will address the stand up bogie fin issue and missing textures.

-Ride_Op

YES! THANK YOU!! woo! new templates!

*does a happy dance*
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017 edited

There is a texture/material difference between the ends of the right side of the gate and the left side.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can there please be invisible trains? Joshua Velez said this about his custom Jet Star trains if there was the invisible train option. "If NL2 introduced an option for invisible trains, then I would consider, but until then I'm not releasing them" He also said "And are very difficult to use as 3 coaster styles are needed" Three coaster styles have to be present for those custom trains to work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

More generally, I wonder if NoLimits2 would ever consider custom trains as legit and not a nasty hack (AKA made their installation easier, having the g-forces displayed in the simulator, not relying on an existing train, etc).
    It would be a huuuge step foreward, and the community already proved it can do awesome creations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ That.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Half the time i have some problem when i try to attach a custom train to the hidden wireframe cars on my coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017 edited

Yeah I also second the idea of being able to import trains into the game rather than this tedious workaround we have now. I know the devs said it's difficult, but come on? Surely if you give us a proper interface to work with at least some of us will be able to figure it out and deliver accordingly. It's really something I believe that, given how many people actually design custom trains, it'd be insanely good for both the team and the community when we're actually able to implement our styles into the game. Having a proper way to implement trains would be much better than this ghetto-rigged method we have now, given how many features simply become unavailable once we decide to tack on our own trains.

I imagine a world where we can browse the Steam workshop for new track styles and trains, and just have it pop up in the list of track styles in-game after subscribing, something like that would be simply awesome and I'm surprised the devs haven't worked out a method to make that a possibility now. Given I'm totally unaware of how difficult it would be to implement that, but even giving us the source code/information to do it ourselves would be a godsend.

EDIT: I want to go on a bit more about one of my points. I mentioned how beneficial this would be for the developers as for the consumer, I believe this for very simple reasons. Imagine the amount of people you have constantly splurging over what they want in the game, not mods, but ACTUAL content. This is because how disabled rides become once you decide to mod them and change them out of what they're meant to be (making a RMC out of another trackstyle, etc). Being able to implement a way to put styles into the game without losing the core features such as forces, switching seating and editing the track without having to totally redo the whole process again would expand this games horizons drastically. It would not only keep people hooked on the game longer, but also relieve a lot of the crap the dev's put up with when it comes to the inconsiderable amount of requests, it would be an addition that not only satisfies the consumer, but also stops the huge wave of "add this style, add that style!" that I see all the time, and in that regard the developers could work on implementing other features instead, while leaving the new styles for other users to implement and use themselves.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017

I totally agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

The new scripting methods that returns the station gate and train restraint rotation were a pretty good start. Now it would be possible to create custom station gates and create working restraints on a custom train. Hopefully the developers of NL2 will continue this and create native support for custom trains and maybe even tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelement 115

This would honestly be the coolest thing, easier implementation of custom trains and track styles would be imo the best thing to happen in nl2, in fact i would take that feature over any new coaster style or flat ride any day of the week.
    Nice to see the dive coaster without scoops, always wonered if that would be a thing at some point.
    Can we have a way to select multiple meshes when adding clipping to objects?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

^ For this I would recommend editing the NL2SCO file with a text editor instead of using the GUI.

A very cool update with new intersting features, I think the new exit view feature could be very interesting for the guys who were experimenting with (water) slides. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Where did the remove invalid scenery references button go? It seem to have vanished.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017

That's a total secret which can only be lifted by the elected secret society which are able to decode mysterious hints of the NL2 changelog in their codebook called manual hidden behind the secret letters N E W S there.
    Posted By: COASTERGUY246You could have it as a new style, just for a way to preserve older rides

This, 100 times this. If heartlines and clearance envelopes are going to change significantly then please retain the previous versions as a legacy coaster style!
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017

Posted By: TOGO FanWhere did the remove invalid scenery references button go? It seem to have vanished.

• CommentAuthorTT23
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017 edited

Whenever I try to post photos I get this message, I'm not sure what any of it means. Does anyone know how to fix it?
    EDIT: FIXED! I was being dumb. Turns out it's fine when I post photos, only happens when I try and preview.

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred

Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    You do not appear to have MySQL enabled for PHP.
    Affected Elements
    MySQL.GetConnection();
    For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017 edited

I'm experiencing kind of an interesting bug. If I use the pipette tool in the color selection screen, the pipette icon on my cursor will never go away until I restart the program. It happens without fail every time I try to use the tool.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2017

You're not alone, Code has experienced this bug also (on stream).
    I don't use the pipette tool, so I'm not annoyed by it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Confirmed. As a faster work around, clicking outside of NL2 and back in again will clear the problem.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

You can make perfect custom floors with track and custom box beams!!

Just keep importing the tracks with the custom beam and move each track 6 additional feet.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Good for you
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I really with that the maximum size of the custom beams was far bigger. Plus being able to extend both ends of the beam like 50 feet or more.
    Or you know, you could use something like Sketchup and make it in about 5 seconds
    Or even use the copy/paste feature for supports... no need to import track.
    • CommentAuthoraustinjb555
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2017 edited

Anyone having camera issues on Windows 10?

I emailed the team, but here is a video of what is happening:

NL2 Camera Bug

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2017

The screen is acting as if some other input is pulling the camera down. Do you have a game pad hooked up that's wedged somewhere with the analog stick down? We aren't seeing this issue at all so there is some device attached to your computer that is constantly forcing the camera down.

-Ride_Op
    Well I don't have any gamepads or anything else besides my mouse, keyboard, speakers, internet router and screen :( I checked my device manager as well and nothing is in there. It's not so much pulling the camera down, but more keeping it in place. When I try to move the camera at all it vibrates and the camera tries to stay where it is. Nothing has changed with the configuration of my computer since before when it was working. I tried going through the setup settings and nothing seems to be causative of any issues.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2017

I completely lost the understanding of LOD's for some reason the LOD objects (with exactly the same origin) showed up in different places..

Meshes clipping at different spots.. I just want everything change at the same time at the same point.

Messes everything up an turns out in complete shit...

Please help me.
    ^ That's probably an issue with your model origins, you might want to move to the 3D modelling thread and ask there. (I can assist if you're using Blender)

Today's patch makes some useful changes to the NL2MAT transparency tab that demystifies the setup of alpha blended materials. The two modes to note are transparent (pictured left) and fade (right).

This shows two spheres, with the left half of each having 0 alpha. Transparent mode is, as the editor states, useful for glass-like materials, and keeps full reflections and specularity even when the material has 0 alpha. Fade reduces these effects with alpha; fade mode is used when you want zero alpha to signify that "nothing is there" e.g. a chain link fence, vegetation textures etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2017

^^ Yeah it's very hard to help with no further information, especially not even knowing which modelling software you are using, what you have tried already, where it may have worked last and at which points it starts failing and so on, all what I think actually should be naturally giving information when asking for help.

^ Yes I think this simplification is rather useful.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2017

Update version to 2.5.2.3 is available.
    • CommentAuthortobihelix

What is new? ;)
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

•  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2017

Might be a simple question but details count! When using a 3D file that has glass, how can you make it transparent in the actual NL2 engine? I assume MAT editor
    Export it as a .3ds object, when exporting it as a .dae it's not transparent. At least that's the matter for Sketchup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017 edited

Seriously? We were discussing the new super easy to use new transparency settings just above the question for the NL2MAT editor. Even when one might have overlooked the discussion for some reason, the new transparency tab (former alpha and blend) can hardly have been overlooked, so actually the question was answered already with the question: NL2MAT editor! I hate when I have the impression people never tried to look things up by themselves before asking... but anyway:

Here are the brand new transparency options, you have to apply the material created with one of the options (read the descriptions for deciding which to use!) and then replace the material assigned on the 3d model which should be glass with the nl2mat material one in the NL2SCO Editor, Material tab.

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017

Well you see, the conversation was pretty transparent to him.
    I'll see myself out now.
    https://gyazo.com/acca11de9d55cfe434a4c998dc4c6cdc

Some of N7's HD trees that are included in nl2 seem to be bugging out all of a sudden, when they are far away white specs appear around them. Is this a problem with the tree model or nl2?
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017

Use the 2D for that came separate in Mike's NL2 foliage set. Despite having the same name, it's a better texture and shenanigans like what you posted don't happen.
    Even that causes the same Issues

https://gyazo.com/76cd0cd0f17e0a38848c29173db5e9c2
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Is it possible to change the color of the transfer track supports?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Not directly, but I guess you could set them to your support color and then custom colour all your other supports if you wanted them different?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017 edited

Why is the wooden coaster tunnel like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZc1kczPKg&feature=youtu.be

So this has started happening, looks like it might be a bug. An extra pair of rails for the two switch tracks on my flying coaster has appeared at the centre of the map. These disappear when the ride is unfrozen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017

And here I am thinking it's some neat design you made in the water.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017 edited

^ Just pass it off as that, maybe? I honestly think that looks pretty cool lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017

How long till someone gets a tattoo out of that?