Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2017 edited

Where are you trying to save your park? If NoLimits 2 does not run with administration privileges it might not get the access rights from Windows to save the park where you want. Did you try if another application without Administration previleges (like Notepad) can save files at this location?
    Notepad saves the files in that location. I save all my files under the folder no limits created in my documents. It is the com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2 folder. How would I give NL2 administration privileges?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2017

Normally NL2 should not require administration privileges to save files in this folder (like any other program). Anyway, when you do a right click on the NoLimits 2 program Desktop / Start Menu symbol you normally have the menu item "run as administrator" then and test if that works. But this is definitely not the normal behaviour, any chance that you have accidentally revoke the rights for the NL2 application to write at this location?
    • CommentAuthormikeweal
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2017

I recently bought a mac book pro and found out that I can play NL2 through a program called parallels. I downloaded the demo version and then downloaded the demo for NL2 to see if everything works. when I tried to play the game the following error msg comes up.

Application had to close because there was a problem with the graphics driver

Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Typical causes are:
    *Overlocked GPU(1)
    *Insufficient cooling
    *Bug in graphics driver
    *Windows automatically updated the graphics driver while in-game
    *Unstable or weak power supply
    *Defected hardware
    *Bug in the software

Typical solutions to prevent this error:
    *Update the graphics driver
    *Reduce (GPU) overclocking
    *Improve cooling
    *Replace hardware(Power supply, GPU, RAM)

1) Please note that some GPUs are factory overclocked

If anyone knows how to circumvent this problem I would greatly appreciate it if you could help.
    ^Buy a PC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

From feedback by other fans, Boot camp works better than parallels with support for newer drivers and Dx11.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^^^ had that problem too.
    Buy a PC.
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms

May I add a suggestion?

Buy a PC.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2017 edited

Clipping problem
    I got some problems with my park, as seen in the video, everything clips at some points in the park.
    This is inside the editor, but also in de play mode this problem appears.
    Could it be fixed?
    thats erm... interesting, is there any invisible scene objects placed?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2017

I just checked any scenery object (that I made), but no invisible scene objects.
    Will the trial of nl2 run the frame rate Test? I want to try it out on some prospective new computers.
    Prospective*
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017

^^^^ Is there anything with an occluder in the way?

If not and you can reproduce that every time, please email the park and description of the problem to techsupport@nolimitscoaster.de

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^THANKSSS!

It was indeed a occluder, which was accidentally activated with one of the path materials.
    Has anyone ran No Limits on a Surface Pro? I am trying to decide between the i5 or the i7 model.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

To damn expansive, but a PC
    It runs great on the i7 but I am wondering if it runs just as good on the i5
    • CommentAuthoriHack97
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2017

Is there a way to find a forgotten nl2pkg password ?
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

If there were, that'd kind of defeat the purpose
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2017 edited

^ Many websites and softwares have ways to retrieve a lost password. Either a personnal question, an email address, a text message, etc. But I fear No Limits has none. You can try as much as you want, tho. I hope your memory will come back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

You can always make a new package from the original files and this time save the password somewhere. If it isn't your park you'll have to reach out to the original author.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthoriHack97
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2017 edited

^ because my PC died few month ago and I lost my project that i've been working for 3 years (Rock n' Roller Coaster). The only backup that I've found is a locked nl2pkg that I sent to a friend. There's a LOT of light programmation on that and it took month to do...
    Well damn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

^^ A dead PC does not necessarily mean the data got lost. You can attach the HDD / SSD to another PC and simply copy the data as from a thumb drive. Even if there's some damage to the HDD / SSD itself, there's a chance to recover the data with certain tools. If you are not familiar with this, you will probably find some computer service in the next town that does this for some money for you.
    • CommentAuthoriHack97

^I know, the HDD was dead. The motherboard had an electrical failure (it was a laptop) so it does kill many components plugged to it.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2017

I had the same problem, an 2 1/4 inch HDD was still usable with a special cable. i was been able to copy all the data of that HDD. I my case the motherboard was gone , no cooler on processors (cheap as possible)
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Can the NL-team add 21:9 display aspect ratio?
    The prevent this from happening:
    ^If you have the aspect ratio set to "auto" then it is correct. The camera isn't orthographic, so there's going to be some distortion.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2017

I feel stupid now...
    • CommentAuthorwahley
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2017 edited

i have an "shadow" problem on my system. After buying a GTX 1080 TI the shadows often flickering all over the screen. Only in extrem zoom to the object, the straiways in the shadows wont be shown. But also while riding a coaster, the stairs or shadows in the background starts flickering. It is not nessesary which setting i put to the game details. Also the overwrite effect by nvidia setting wont makes any differences. Is it a bug in the game (used it on the steam version), or is it still a settings problem?
    The performance is great.

Another thought is, that it might be a problem of the "Sync" from GPU to monitor. I use a IPS Panel Benq Monitor but without the G-Sync technologie. I tried using V-Sync on or of, but no effect.

Also the fullscreen vs. windowed mode makes any effects on it.

Can anybody help?

Have you tried forcing vsync using the nvida control panel? I have had a similar thing happen occasionally on my 1080, after overriding the nl2 settings with the control panel, it never happens anymore. I would also recommend using the nvida AA settings in the control panel too, as it looks sharper than the standard nl2 settings.
    • CommentAuthorwahley
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2017

i played around with every setting, but nothing is really well. But overwriting with the nvidia control panel makes the best result, thats true. The shadow-stairways-behaviour might be fixed, but sometimes while riding effects in these bad optik within a millisecond, whichs occoured an other flickering effect.
    The badest part is the details in background like railings on coasters, or objects in background (like the big wheel in one map). The details just flickering.
    I tried to film it but you cant see what i meen on screen.
    • CommentAuthoriHack97
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2017

I wish there were scene objects group in nl2.. so we can move a multiple object in one selection..
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@iHack97

Thats possible, u can select multiple objects together and move them at the same time in every direction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

He's asking about assigning a selected number of objects to a group so they can be selected and moved as one large entity any time. Yes you can select and move multiple objects, but click away and you'll have to re-select all those objects again.

-Ride_OP
    so only the first set of drive tyres turn on all my coasters now... its a bit odd

https://gyazo.com/c0625d792f4877c6668cfc655050904f
    ^ On the plus side, it won't matter as much if you use dummy tracks?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2017

I think, it depends on where your point of view is on the Boosterwheels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017

^^^ Olympia Looping in Tango Park still works just fine here. How about you?

-Ride_Op
    Nope, its happened on every coaster. I think NL2 is broken on my end, going to re-install it at some point
    that gif looked like planet coaster wtf
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2017 edited

I've found a bug where trying to define/copy and paste just support free nodes and no beams or footers crashes my game (simulator!!!)

EDIT it seems copy/paste is totally broken for me actually
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2017

^^^ Confirmed in the most recent Steam version. We'll address it.

^ Please report all crashes to tech_support@nolimitscoaster.de

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2017

Should be fixed in the most recent Steam version.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTime5 days ago

I think I found a new bug? The restraints on the Schwarzkopf randomly disappear at specific angles as if they were occluded.

This only happens when the car is in motion, though. When I pause the simulation, they never vanish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Can you recreate this issue in Tango park?

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTime5 days ago

I can't seem to be able to replicate it there. But Olympia Looping also uses the other Schwarzkopf coaster varient with the extra shoulder restraints.
    I went back to my park to make sure it wasn't a one-time effect or something. It only seems to occur on the lift or in the station. I disabled all camera movement effects and they don't disappear (more accurately: the restraints "flicker") during the main part of the ride.

However, I did get it the restraints to flicker in the Doppel Looping park, which doesn't use the Olympia Looping varient of the train:
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Can't seem to recreate that one.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime2 days ago

I was able to reproduce it. No matter how you camera settings are (damper, shake, etc). The thing is not to look at the restraints themselves, but at the square padding in front of the seat -then you'll see from the bottom of the screen the restraints flicker or disappear.