Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Though I have had a copy of No Limits for a while and have played around with it I was never to good at taking the time to create some realistic coasters. I'm not new to theme park design (as some of you may now me from shyguysworld and previously from Atari Forums) being an avid player of RCT3 as well as recently becoming a designer in the industry :) I have a LOT to learn about No Limits 2 but i'm hoping to create some pretty realistic rides and work my way up from beginner to professional.

Hope to meet you all and can't wait to contribute to some of the awesome projects here!

-andreizsmart
    • CommentAuthorC-A_99
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2014

Heh, I've had my share of crazy posting in the Atari forum days. Welcome to NLE!

As for NL2, just muck around the editor. Click things, drag things, double click them, and click them again. You can learn a lot of things just by doing that. The documentation seems to be of mixed usefulness; some of it explains UI features that are self-explanatory but doesn't go into depth. However, a good chunk of the documentation is very important, although some of it requires some level of computer knowledge to sort through, especially the programming/scripting guides.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

It is truly an honor to have you here too, andre. You probably won't but you might recognize me from SGW under the same name. If your NL2 stuff is as amazing as your RCT3 stuff, then I really look forward to seeing your stuff!
    C-A_99: Thanks for the welcome! I've gotten a lot of the basics down so far from just clicking around. Enough to build a rough and unsmoothed custom Mack Launching Coaster. Scripting right now is beyond my knowledge of comprehension and is probably going to require me a butt load of dedication and time to learn. That'll come in due time though! Again thanks!

JAKool: Of course I recognize you. Thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully I can apply my rct3 skills into no limits but we'll see. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Wow welcome here! I'm a huge fan of your work on RCT3, really.
    Can't wait to see what you'll do when you'll master NL2. :p

Posted By: andreizsmartas well as recently becoming a designer in the industry :)

Oooooh can you tell us more? :)
    KingRCT3: Thanks means a lot! So far things are going good in NL2 :D

Yeah, last summer I started interning at a creative design firm and worked on designing the Simpsons expansion at Universal Studios Hollywood as well as a couple of other things there like the new entry plaza and the Studio Tour. Im still in school so I'm only in part-time during the year but I've already had the chance to attend IAAPA and talk to as well as gt ride specs for some new projects from some of the companies like S&S and Vekoma ;D