Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2014 edited

Hey!

I don't think I had a thread for my miscellaneous projects before (except for my attic), so let's take advantages of the release of NL2 for starting one.

Here is Ramses, a family coaster. It's called like that because it's somehow inspired by a RCT3 coaster I once made, which name was Ramses as well.

As NL2 is only out since less than a week, for the time being I feel more comfortable with Newton², so that's how Ramses was made.

So it starts with a lift hill.

The S-turn at the top before the main drop offers a nice little airtime.

Here you have the first part, with in order: The drop, a non S-turn as on I305 (does it has a name?), an EGF turn and the camel-back.

I heard you like low-to-the-ground turns!

One of the numerous pop of air throughout the course.

Here's the camel-back.

The artistic shot of the day. It's the nearly overbancked turn, right after the camel-back.

Then, it plunges into a tunnel (of dooooom)

It's full of smoke and trick-track sections. That's the grand final!

In the foreground, the exit of the tunnel and the turn to the final bakes.

And we're done!

I just love this shot.

Here is a complete video to end this message in a good way. :)
    That last shot.... How!? It looks real!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014

That's a really nice use of the DOF effect, and I agree, that last picture is VERY photorealistic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

That looks like a lot of fun! Nice job KingRCT3!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

I love this ride, its is a great family coaster. This coaster would be great in a park.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Wow, I love this! Reminds me of the Zierer family coasters, in a good way. That last shot is so insanely realistic, I love it! Do you have the Pro version?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014 edited

Thanks a lot guys! The sunset is just a pure beauty, yes! The screen is all in-game footage, no Photoshop.

1blueshe, I'll put it up for download soon, and it will be free-to-use. The only thing is that it's a "CTR" so there's two coasters actually. But you can use it with the normal Intamin trains as well, it will get the job done.
    JAKool, a Zierer family was definitely one of my inspiration while making this coaster, so I'm glad you noticed that. :p Yes, I have the pro version, though everything you can see here can be achieve with the standard one as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I love the family coaster, the DOF you used makes the pictures really great and the sunset is so beautiful. I'm also quite interested in the RMC thingy (and in the other ideas you are going to come up with as well, haha).
    I'm working on a small coaster like this to start off so this is great inspiration for me! Great work. Nice a smooth and some really awesome transitions. The pacing was great too especially compared to that last bit through the tunnel. It made it seem much more thrilling than it may actually be adding a great "grand finale" to the ride. Good work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014 edited

@Baadrix: Yeah, playing with DOF is so much fun! But I'll try to be careful with it though, too much DOF will easily become annoying.

@Andre: Thank you!

Here's the download :

Download Ramses - Family coaster

Let's carry on with a new small project/experiment.

From that pic, it looks like another casual RMC wooden.

But it's not.

Indeed,

It's a world first.

Let me indroduce you...

To the first ever...

Flying wooden coaster

Supports for now are the auto-generated ones, and obviously this kind of coaster would need a 100% custom structure, which I'm not ready to do by myself. x)

Hope you enjoyed it, and I think it's not as unrealistic as it sounds, and could be rather interesting in real life! :)
    Could I support that please?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014

Oh God King... You're lucky that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
    I love all the cool maneuvers that can be done with flyers. And this idea makes me laugh but it's very cool too. haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014

Why are you so creative? It's unbearable!

Nah, just kidding, I definitely love this concept.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2014

Thanks guys!

As I posted in the Über Idea thread, here's a way to do a suspended dark-ride with elevators and drop sections:

See it in action.

Now I have done that without any scripting involved, but it means I have to move the pieces in manual mode. Some scripts to make that totally automatic would be great, and I think it's easily possible (doesn't the little white wooden uses transfer table as a track switch?).
    That's incredible!
    Very cool dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

I must lean how to script, I wanna make a freefall drop :P This is just amazing :)
    Family coaster looks absolutely amazing. And in regards to the flying woodie, You're mad =)

Super good idea, I dig it. But why only use it on darkrides, when we have this? I think this is one thing I'll need to do in a park sometime.

•  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Has anybody tried scripting a monorail yet ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014

Hehe thanks everyone. :)
    A.S., great! I just know the car acts like crazy when it went back from 90 to 0°, but if you can manage to minimize that, why not after all!

Otherwise I made a thing just now:

It's a spiral lift that is shared by two dueling coasters. The rotating thing at the middle is shaped like that not only for aesthetic reasons, but also because the spirals are steeper than usual, thus the angle between that piece and the train needed not to be increased, otherwise it would have required more strength from the motor. Here, the thing would have to spin more because the trains would "roll back" on it, but the stress won't be increased.
    Hope that make sense, haha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I improved the support structure.

(Yes some columns do collide with the track, at the moment)

Storyline-time: This is the Tree of Life™. The coaster represent two brothers, who are twins and thus share the same DNA (*hint hint* the spiral thing in the middle *hint hint*), and then I don't know, but drops, twists and woo-hoo.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides

Really awesome and creative stuff! GREAT!

I did downloaded Ramses btw.. and got this:

C:\Users\...\Downloads\Ramses.nl2env: File not found
    Failed file: "C:\Users\...\Downloads\Ramses.nl2env"
    ...maybe you can fix it?

Really nice NL2 project!!! Keep on going! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Ha yeah, that's because I tried to make a custom environment, and I uploaded the .nltrack (or whatever it is now), so it isn't included. I did almost nothing with it, so it's not a loss at all. :)

By the way, I started thinking about a layout for my launched flying... I got trouble to find inspiration. But I made that roll and it's schmexy! :D

• CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2014

Oh God... [drool]
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2014

This looks totally crazy, love it. The DNA coaster is a very neat idea, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2014 edited

I made some basic custom structures for the flying wooden, since I submitted it for a contest and I don't want to have collisions... However, this is still bad (I struggle with all the new supports things) and if you, GFI, still want to give it a try, I'll give you the file. =)

^ Click for the full version!

I also resolved a friction problem I had, which made the train almost stalling during the last overbank, while I had no laterals in Newton² (#hipster). It was due to the new air resistance coeff. introduced in NL2... So I set that to zero and tweaked the friction until the forces was alright.
    I have to say, the concept of this thing looks totally useless/bizarre, but in the end I think it's really cool and unique. I think your vision for this ride is really selling this - in the general details and direction of the ride.

Looks cool... do you plan on releasing?
    Hey the supports aren't that bad (Still better than the pre-fabs) But for the actual track connections to the structure I'd use I-beams instead of just the usual wooden planks. And I might be able to do this but I have to finish Thor first.
    • CommentAuthorAltitude
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2014

Can I ask how you hid the crossties on your Wooden Flyer? I'm hoping to make a RMC woodie!

Great work though! (I'm not just saying that) You seem to be using NL at a more advanced level than I've seen anybody else so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2014 edited

Posted By: AJClarke0912I have to say, the concept of this thing looks totally useless/bizarre, but in the end I think it's really cool and unique. I think your vision for this ride is really selling this - in the general details and direction of the ride.

Thanks, that what I was aiming for. I like crazy concepts, but what I like the most is making them realistic. Just like in real life, I drool a lot more when I see that instead of that.

Posted By: GravityFlyersInc(Still better than the pre-fabs)

Lol, that's the prefabs! I only tweaked the top to to merely match the track. I agree on the I-beams.

Posted By: AltitudeCan I ask how you hid the crossties on your Wooden Flyer?

I made the track with Newton², imported it in NL1, then in NL2. In parallel, from NL1 I imported it in the CK and made a 3D model out of it, that placed in NL2. The actual track in NL2 is set as invisible.
    So in short you have to use N² and the CK... :/ Or I think now FVD++ handle 3D convertions, but I'm not sure.

Posted By: AJClarke0912Looks cool... do you plan on releasing?

Yes.

Click to download.

Or check the video. I put an awesome soundtrack by a certain Xiphon Audio. If you like Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, etc. you have to check his stuff. He's doing some amazing pieces!
    Exchange still seems to be borked. Will redownload it later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2014 edited

Ha.
    Here's the track at CoasterCrazy : Click
    Or a direct download : Click
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2014

I started a chinese-inspired station for my launch Gerstlauer.

Everything is made out of supports, that's so cool, I made a true wooden parquet! Woohoo! Click to see the full-screen pic and spot the slots. :p

I finished the layout, too. Here is the last combo, two back-to-back corkscrews, kinda like a small version of a butterfly. Sounds like something Gerstlauer could come up with, to me. :)
    ^ I like it
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2014

Oh, me likey. :) The typical Gerstlauer shaping can be clearly seen.

May I ask what how did you do the trinangular shaped prisms at the end of your wooden beams?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2014 edited

^ Rail connector to an invisible track! =)

Edit:

I added a small pond with fog on it.

The shaping is mostly done but the g's in the editor are not the same as in the sim, resulting some laterals. My train is one car long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited

Sorry for the double post!

Shaping tweaking in progress. Next step will be the support-work.

Peaceful and calm.

Here is the whole layout.

It goes:
    Pre-drop, Launch, Top-hat, Zero-g roll, pop of air to MCBR/
    Curved drop, Overcurve, EGF curve, Jr. Immelman, Speed hump, pop of air to MCBR/
    Curved drop, back-to-back corkscrews, Helix, Brakes

Sounds good? :)
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014

Sounds good! Your ride, Riot and Rebirth...three really good looking layouts. All different and all "believable". That says something for the X-car. And thanks to you three guys it´s really growing on me :)...

Besides the overall layout i especially like the second third and the arrangement of the two mcbr´s. Should be fun to support it ;)...

Great work as always...
    Daniel :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014 edited

Thanks Daniel!

Today, I finished supporting the coaster. Phew, that's a relief. But it definitely worth it, NL2 supports are looking amazing!

Here's a bunch of picture:

Are the lims made of supports?

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014

^ Yes, everything is.
    ^Good boy ;)
    Haha oh brett. Looks really nice, KingRCT3! The shaping, colors, supports... wow, it's a beautiful ride man.
    • CommentAuthornannerdw
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014

Posted By: KingRCT3Yes, everything is.

Even the track? Nice 8)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014 edited

Lol Brett =D I'm starting to find cool tricks and enjoying what the new system allows for supports.

^ E-ve-ry-th-ing. The track and every single blade of grass too. By hand. ;p

EDIT:

Yep, we can definitely make some cool stuffs. =)

Gotta love the subtle stars in the sky in this shot.

EDIT²:

Beside that fresh angle of the overcurve, spot what's new on the catwalks... =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2014

I just love how you incorporated "your" overcurve into this layout. The station interior looks great, too!
    That station looks fantastic! The realism on this ride is stunning
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014 edited

^^ & ^ Thanks!

The station grid ceiling was kind of cool (and casted awesome shadows) but it didn't fit the size and shape of the building. So I did a real roof instead. Still unfinished, though the most of it is done.

I also redid the loose items boxes to fit the three trains. I noticed afterward those three colors were the colors of a pixel... In order! Am I a geek?

Look at the station exter-- Oh! A fern!

Nah ok, here it is. I don't know if the stones things are really chinese-ish, but I like them.

I also love the crinoline ladder I made. I used real measurements for that.

Ok that's it for today!
    I still have to finish the station, find a name, then if someone wants to makes a cartexture, just ask me (otherwise nevermind, that's too tricky for me), and finally make a video. Once again, if someone is dyyyying to make a video, I'd be glad. But otherwise I can try my best to do something proper.