Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014 edited

Well folks, I promised a full Bizarro recreation, so here it is! I am SOOO happy to get my hands on NL2, not to mention I can FINALLY recreate this awesome ride with much more ease than NL1. So far the track and storage are finished, but I'm still working on the supports. I have attached four pictures below - please give me feedback on this project so I can make it even better than my lite version was in NL1!

How did you orient the switch track to go backwards from the station? I tried putting in a fork switch and rotating it but the nodes are then wrong (can't connect a starting node to an end node, etc.)

^Use a track merge. Looks good BirdNerd.

• CommentAuthor1NT4M1N

I would look into getting a satellite picture and using that as a texture terrain overlay in the editor. It's hard to tell from the simulator, but I've ridden this dozens and dozens of time and some elements seem like they might need some tweaking. How close is it in terms of length to the real ride?

Also another note - the final brake run has the traditional intamin style brakes, not purely magnetic.
    Posted By: A.S.Coasters

^Use a track merge. Looks good BirdNerd.

Where is this feature?
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014

^right below the track fork, to be found in Special Track... in the Element tab.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Posted By: 1NT4M1NI would look into getting a satellite picture and using that as a texture terrain overlay in the editor. It's hard to tell from the simulator, but I've ridden this dozens and dozens of time and some elements seem like they might need some tweaking. How close is it in terms of length to the real ride?

Also another note - the final brake run has the traditional intamin style brakes, not purely magnetic.

The length on my recreation is about 347 feet longer than the real ride - is that a problem? The last time I checked, A113's I305 recreation was just slightly longer than the real ride as well, and he in fact got a really good score overall - just look at the rating, as it is currently at a 9.2/10. I'm sure the length thing won't really be a big problem...
    • CommentAuthor1NT4M1N

Posted By: BirdNerd
    Posted By: 1NT4M1NI would look into getting a satellite picture and using that as a texture terrain overlay in the editor. It's hard to tell from the simulator, but I've ridden this dozens and dozens of time and some elements seem like they might need some tweaking. How close is it in terms of length to the real ride?

The length on my recreation is about 347 feet longer than the real ride - is that a problem? The last time I checked, A113's I305 recreation was just slightly longer than the real ride as well, and he in fact got a really good score overall - just look at the rating, as it is currently at a 9.2/10. I'm sure the length thing won't really be a big problem...

I'm sure that you'll do a great job with the recreation. I'm not concerned with the rating, though, nor other coasters on the exchange. With all respect, 347 feet is quite a large variance, meaning you've tossed in an extra 6% of track. As it's a recreation, no one is going to dock you points for taking extra time to bake in quality.

Use the satellite as reference:

http://goo.gl/maps/jJiW5
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

A113's ride is 9.4% longer, yours 6.4% shorter. I wouldn't regard 6% to be a big deal if the overall proportions of the ride are spot-on, but I personally would look into it and take ride length into account for a rating.

Concerning shaping accuracy, I'm not that into the ride as you surely are but what I see there looks promising. Would be best if you provide us with direct comparisons to real pictures to give better feedback. What I can comment on right now though is the lack of proper Intamin footers ;) Sure, the NL2 ones look nice but I personally wouldn't use them for a recreation (I haven't looked into which other options NL2 has, though.)

Keep it up! Strong competition arises in the recreation business with NL2 ;)
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2014

Of my 3 recreations, why do we still reference I305? That was the worst of them.

6% isn't even a big deal, I wouldn't subtract more than a 20th of an entire number. It shouldn't be that huge of a concern.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014 edited

============
    NEW UPDATE!
    ============

I just finished the trackwork of Catwoman's Whip and started to add some more supports on Bizarro. The reason why I made the Catwoman first is because the placement of it in respect to Bizarro will greatly influence how I proceed with the terrain. Once I get the positions of those rides plus the Gauntlet, then I will start making the raised ground sections of the park. Yes - I will include Mind Eraser, Batman, Thunderbolt, and maybe possibly Scream! The project may be long, but it is so worth it in my mind, especially given the fact that I now have the opportunity to make this recreation as accurate and detailed as possible.

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014

Oh, this will look amazing once it's finished, especially if you are going to include that many other coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2014

Yeah, the BirdNerd isn't dead, nor is his Bizarro recreation project lol! I have been extremely busy with college stuff within the past couple of months, but now that I'm back home again, I will certainly make up some time for this project of mine! I am also riding the real Bizarro next weekend, so I will have plenty of visual resources to help me, not to mention that I have a good photographic memory of this ride! Here are some pictures of the newly started track+support work. Catwoman's Whip will come later...
     photo screenshot-2014-05-02-17-42-42_zps702b96b5.png
     photo screenshot-2014-05-02-17-43-07_zps54b72d05.png
     photo screenshot-2014-05-02-17-43-48_zpsd2660298.png
     photo screenshot-2014-05-02-17-43-21_zps46adc5f4.png
     photo screenshot-2014-05-02-17-43-33_zpsb1646ae0.png
    Beautiful man! Good to see you back :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2014

Yes this isn't dead and like I said on the Boulder Dash thread if you need any pics I am going in about a month. This looks great make sure when you make the CT River it is the same color and consistency as the real thing. I will measure :D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014

It's about time for another update! I actually redid the whole track, and I promise you that this will in fact be the last time I make this track! I am really confident in my shaping skills, and I think that the supports will go by very quickly now that I know how to create them efficiently. That being said, does anybody want to test-ride it?

photo screenshot-2014-06-12-07-20-19_zpsa185789a.png
     photo screenshot-2014-06-12-07-19-02_zpse61e904a.png
     photo screenshot-2014-06-12-07-18-49_zps605585a8.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I will test it. I rode Bizarro six times two weeks ago and I will be going back soon.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I could test it but I have never ridden it before. I could go off of youtube povs of it though.
    I know this ride like the back of my hand so I'll test if you want!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014

Finally, another update! I am really excited to say that the progress is moving again at last. I hope to finish this ride by 2015, which means it will mark my 5th year being here on NoLimits Exchange! Anyway, I still have a lot to do, such as finish the terrain, supports, trees, and other small details. Once those are done, I will begin to make the rest of the DC Superhero Adventures section of the park.

photo screenshot-2014-08-16-22-18-45_zps327b62e3.png

photo screenshot-2014-08-16-22-19-19_zps93720347.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorBrett-Jones
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014 edited

fair do's you really do stick at something dont you, this coaster must have been started like 100 years ago XD

^ i wrote costume... sorry, im in the middle of costume design... XD haha
    Uh, is that English? Have you been hacked? Translate please...? O.o
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2015 edited

Happy New Year everybody! As a resolution for 2015, I have decided to still work on my Bizarro recreation and finish it by the beginning of 2016 at the very latest! I know this has been going on for quite a long time now, and I would like to finish it once and for all, with 3DS, lights, animations, etc. Anyway, I redid the whole entire layout again in Newton 2, and I am sure that there are no inaccuracies to be found while riding! Here are two mandatory pictures for you all, more coming soon once I finish the supports!

photo screenshot-2015-01-09-09-51-41_zpsea153709.png

photo screenshot-2015-01-09-09-52-41_zps64b46892.png
    By the end of 2016?! I cant wait that long D:
    Posted By: BirdNerdI am sure that there are no inaccuracies to be found while riding!

You underestimate how insane this group gets haha.

Glad you're making another effort to pull through though, this is certainly a high quality project that I'd love to see completed.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2015

The saga continues! Glad to see you still have it in you to keep going, and I agree with Justin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2015

Make sure you add onboard audio that breaks in the middle of the lift hill, chipping and fading paint, and a fire effect that also doesn't work!
    Awesome! So glad to see you & this project back, I hope all goes well with this.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2015 edited

Promise us this is the last time you redo this track. ;)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2015

Back it up this time!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2015

Posted By: JAKoolPromise us this is the last time you redo this track. ;)

Yes, it will definitely be the last time, ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2015

Quick question guys! Should I use this picture for the skybox? It's Springfield, Massachusetts, and I know for a fact that it is due north from the actual ride, assuming that you're about to head into the spaghetti bowl while riding.
     photo Springfield-MA_zps30be448d.jpg

If not, here's another wider panorama that may be better.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Springfield_Skyline,_MA.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2015

Springfield is not that visible from the park. You can barely see it from the top of NESS too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015

I was finally able to ride Bizarro a couple times last august (and 174 other roller coasters around) and it really is a great ride! I'm really looking forward to your recreation, it looks really good so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015

Posted By: zampanoI was finally able to ride Bizarro a couple times last august (and 174 other roller coasters around) and it really is a great ride! I'm really looking forward to your recreation, it looks really good so far!

Why thank you! Unfortunately, the progress hasn't been going anywhere lately due to massive amounts of schoolwork and other important things! The good news is that I am ready to refresh once my spring break arrives.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2015 edited

I just want to tell you all that I will put this project on hold for a while because I just discovered that my laptop is not even powerful enough to handle NL2 fully. I mean, I made the track in Newton2, exported the elements, and the editor was terribly slow. I tried to produce elements with less segments overall, but the entire track looked crappy and it lost a lot of precision while exporting. That being said, I will continue this project whenever I can get my hands on a laptop with a Nvidia GTX 970m/980m graphics card. I never really owned a gaming laptop before, so I am excited to eventually own one and start building like mad once again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2016

I literally haven't been active on this forum for quite a while now. As I prepare to end my winter break, I am excited to announce that I have finally worked on my Bizarro recreation a lot more over the last few weeks. I seriously tried to make sure that every single element was correctly shaped and positioned above the ground, and I also tried to align every single free node! You see, all I needed was a lot of time to think about this recreation more in-depth, and I cannot wait to finish it soon. The reason why there isn't any river or terraforming is because NoLimits 2 still doesn't have a terrain filter menu, similar to that of NoLimits 1. Well, onto the pictures!
     photo poster-2016-01-04-17-29-31_zpsxnfgbam7.png
     photo poster-2016-01-04-17-30-15_zpssqzeftvh.png
     photo poster-2016-01-04-17-29-52_zpstfb33qvr.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Looks really good! My only concern is that the larger helix has a little bit of a dip in it about halfway through. Are you going to go through with the Bizarro theme even though it will become Superman again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Posted By: ParadoxLooks really good! My only concern is that the larger helix has a little bit of a dip in it about halfway through. Are you going to go through with the Bizarro theme even though it will become Superman again?

I will stick with the Bizarro theme, maybe coming up with an "ultimate form", including everything it should have had in the past?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2016

I actually quite liked the Bizarro thing, at least the first incarnation of it. The second version of the OBA was pretty bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

It was great in its opening year after all of the sound and special effects stopped working it kinda died off. Not to mention the absolutely atrocious trains.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^Agreed, it was good the first year since it had fire, proper sound and other effects. Last year the sound was completely busted (making high pitch screeches and destroying your ears) and the last two years the fire was completely scrapped. So I'm definitely happy it's superman again.

And... Those restraints.. *shivers*