Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2016 edited

Here is a bit of a preview of my NL2 Tournament entry. I have a few other things to finish up, but after that, I'll post more here.

Anyway, here is Maestrale, an Arrow looper in the style of B&M.

still better than drachen fire
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2016

That looks awesome. Maybe what could have happened if Arrow never went under.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

So perfect.
    I demand more pictures (please)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSedjuuurd

^ second this
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^^ third this
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2016

^^^denied
    Man seeing stuff like this and Tornado make me wish X2 hadn't happened.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Arrow would have disappeared nonetheless, so I'm actually glad they build their masterpiece as a last breath.

That's beautiful, jpaufsc! Can't wait to see more of this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2016 edited

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I was going to post some pictures yesterday, but my internet decided to go down for the entire day. Alas, I have added some signage and taken some new screens.

• CommentAuthorBigbad

It looks nice. For the keyhole element, what's the clearance like? I'm sure it's enough, but is it too much? It's cool on GateKeeper because, particularly for the second one where you approach it from upside down, it looks like you're going to crash.

Diving into the lake is a cool idea, too.

I've had kind of the opposite idea for a while: have a B&M that follows an Arrow-style layout (Scream Machine, Viper, etc) but retains B&M's smoothness in the sense of vibrations and awkwardness. Your transitions are better than Arrow's. The drawback is that Arrow's track is rough in general (I mean lift hills), though that's not an issue in the simulator and Arrow's track looks terrific.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

The coaster looks so perfect but being me, I notice the ride sign is a bit bland xD My suggestions:

1. Put the logo in a photo editor and take out the white background
    2. Take the .png logo and put it into a modeling program, and extrude the face out a bit
    3. If you want a background for it on the sign, don't make it a rectangle, and maybe add some slight texture to it. Then put it on the sign wall
    4. Put the extruded logo on top of that
    5. Place it in game
    6. Put a bit of colored lighting under it for drama and coolness!

"Hey, that's pretty good!" - iDubbbz
    •  
      CommentAuthorSedjuuurd

nice job. yes i got to agree my autism is rasing again because of the white logo.

also that terrain could use some more shrubs. because it looks kinda thin. but overall nice job.
    ^ stop using your autism to say that you don't like the look of something.
    do you mean OCD?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSedjuuurd

yeah. im sorry. in dutch we dont really have a term for OCD so i started to learn it as autism. sorry if i offended someone :/

ill be using OCD again
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2016 edited

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm glad I changed the sign since it looks a heck of a lot better now.

@Bigbad: The keyholes are pretty close on clearance. They could probably be a couple inches closer, but I think the effect works.

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei

THAT'S PERFECT :D
    Thanks for taking my suggestions! I love to help improve people's designs, especially aesthetically and graphically :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016

The logo looks amazing! I also think that the keyhole elements as part of the station structure was a genius move. Not only does it look cool, but it's also pretty functional as well. Keep up the great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016

^Thanks. I was originally going to support the roll normally over the station, but the supports were ugly and intersected with a bunch of stuff. That's exactly why I chose to incorporate the keyholes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2016 edited

In the time between tournament rounds, I have begun a new project.

I have never attempted a wood coaster and I like the imposing nature of Intamin prefab woodies. I also had the idea to prototype a possible record breaking coaster to finally bring wood coasters back over 200ft.

The stats so far are:
    212ft tall
    86° drop
    76mph

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2016 edited

Some more progress. Made it up to the MCBR. Still no name or theme though, but eventually...
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2016

Looks great so far! Any idea what you're going to do after the MCBR?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2016

^Thanks. I'm not totally sure what I'll do with the layout post MCBR. At this point I'm just going to feel it out as I go. However, I do want it to be similar to the end of El Toro with some low, quick S turns and more airtime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2016 edited

Since the first round of the NL2 Tournament results are up, I'm planning on releasing Maestrale sometime this weekend.

On another note, I finally had some time to work on the prefab. I believe I've arrived at a final layout. There are still a couple spots to de-pump, but it's basically finished in terms of track work.

Overview:

Post MCBR spaghetti bowl:

Combined some elements from El Toro with more airtime hills:

Added a couple speed hills for variance:

I like this section off the MCBR:
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2016

I saw that you uploaded Maestrale to the site. Unfortunately, downloads are still broken so I am not able to download it and I assume that neither is anyone else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^Yeah just put it up, but the Exchange is throwing up errors at the moment.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

I like the pic of the drop after the MCBR. How tall is that drop? It looks like it could be 100 feet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^The total height from the top of the MCBR to the bottom of the valley that follows it is 135ft.
    Really liking how this is shaping up. Keep at it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2016

Do you mind putting up an alternative download for Maestrale? The site is still broken and doesn't allow downloads.
    ^ I second that motion. The coaster looks really epic and I'm not sure if NLE will be fixed any time soon...
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2016

Given that the Exchange is still horribly broken, I'm hosting the package on OneDrive for download as an alternative. The link can also be found in the first post. I've also changed all the images in the thread over to .jpg to hopefully reduce loading times.

Download Maestrale here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016

Here is a bit of a teaser for round 2 of the tournament. More to come soon...
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2016

I apologize for the lengthy delay, but Velocity has finally been released! See the first post for details. Please drop a rate over on CC or here if you use the alternate link if you have the time. Otherwise, just enjoy!

I also recently uploaded another small track I finished for the NLE Fight Club contest called Forest Flyer. You will also find the download information for that track in the first post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2016

Exciting news everyone! My entry for the final round of the NL2 Tournament is now available to download on the Exchange and CoasterCrazy! Details are in the first post as well as below! Please feel free to drop a rate or leave any feedback here.

Fire, Ice, and Lightning is now available for download!

Fire, Ice, and Lightning CoasterCrazy Download

Fire, Ice, and Lightning Exchange Download

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2016

I feel that now is a good time to officially introduce "Project R150".

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2016

I love the colors
    Looks pretty awesome so far, but it seems like the pull out of the drop starts way too early. It could just be from the angle you took the picture from though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2016

^ The pullout probably happens a bit early, but it's more likely the angle since it looks okay to me on ride.

Either way, Project R150 has been officially re-branded as Project Stingray, complete with a new logo!

obvious mako inspiration is obvious

But really though, this looks great! Can't wait to see more :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016

Well well well, finally around to posting another update on this project. A lack of adequate tropical foliage, good scenery ideas, and time are all to blame for the slow pace of the project. Those reasons, combined with the end of the semester, mean that Stingray will likely miss the Roundup 150 deadline. However, rest assured, Stingray will be completed nevertheless. Anyway, on to the bit of progress.

The current station/ plaza area of Stingray. You'll notice some big changes to the hotel on the island in the background.

This is the latest draft of the station with another in the works. Not entirely sure if the design works for me or not.

This hotel has been causing me so much headache. I was constantly waffling back and forth between options to make the island accessible in some way. I originally wanted to incorporate some sort of elevated tram or monorail, but I could not come up with a decent station that worked with the hotel. After some thought, I figured I could go with a cruise ship option and not have to do any stations or scripts. I also like how the big ship looks out on the water juxtaposed with the hotel building.

As always, any thoughts or ideas are welcome.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016 edited

based on the direction you've been heading in, I think a boardwalk would be the most ideal and feasible scene you could develop next to the ride. Since you also have the cruise ship, you could also have a port extending from the boardwalk. The ride itself doesn't demand much theming but if you can add the boardwalk to tie the hotel and cruise in, it'll looks really good next to the coaster.
    please make that ship slowly move around the bay, while occasionally sounding the horn.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2016

^That would be really cool!
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2016

@ jpaufsc : U can attach the ship to an underwater placed rollecoaster train and run it like 0.5 mp/h in a very wide circle or random track.

U can place some triggers along the coastertrack with soundfile of an shiphorn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2016

Still working on the sounds, but the ship now cruises around the island at a blistering 3mph, complete with a stop at the port before going around again. It provides some nice views too.

Approved!