Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjakecallan
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014 edited

Hey everyone I'm Jake!

For starters I have recently got into playing No Limits and still have loads to learn, I have released a few coaster already. They were not the most amazing creations but I felt I did pretty well with them. I joined up here because when it comes to NL2 and realistic roller coasters you guys really seem to know what your talking about. I've been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon for a couple of years now and have been able to learn the ways of roller coaster design, however I finally decided to make the jump to No Limits after seeing what the second one had to offer. I am pretty active over at shy guys world so if any of you look over there you might have seen me around.

Anyways enough about me. This thread is for all my No Limits projects, I thought it would be a lot easier then clogging up the boards with individual ride threads. So for starters I would like to introduce what I have currently been working on.

Shark Attack is a custom Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter that I have spent the last 5 days building, I'd say about 30 hours has gone into the project. (I have a lot of time off work at the moment a no social commitments which means a lot of time for building.) It features a 94 foot tall hill, reaches speeds of 53 MPH and inverts you 5 times all in the course of a 2400 ft layout. The idea was to get the coaster to be as compact as possible so it could fit in a reasonable space because of this the ride is very intense featuring 4 different moments where you feel up to 4.5 G's. One of the other things about Shark Attack is that its my first attempt importing and using scenery around a no limits coaster. I made a couple of signs and other details to try to bring the ride to life a little.

I'm currently in the process of editing the video and should have it released at some point tonight so stay tuned and thanks for reading!

Jake
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014

Welcome to the here too, Jake! I can't really say much about the ride that I haven't said on SGW, so looks awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014

Hey, I saw that on SGW as well, that's an amazing coaster! Welcome here!

I like the entrance and wait time sign, that's a very cool idea, but I've mixed feelings about the ride logo. Either it's the 3D text that's bugging me, or the blue shade you choose. I'd better see like some wooden planks with the name painted on it. But that's up to you. Good luck with it. =)
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2014

So here it is guys the final video, I hope you enjoy watching as much as I did making it!
    http://youtu.be/A1IMtCQ6F5A
    Thanks for watching!

P.S. I will reply to your comments soon, I'm tired at the moment and need some sleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4

The drop on it isn't really shaped right. It shouldn't ever straighten out like that does. It should instead kind of flow in and out of the drop in a slight S shape.

@rcrider4 - Your right, i always assumed the drop should straighten out a little. I really should have researched it a bit more carefully. Thanks for the comment.

This does look great, feels smooth. Sometimes it felt a bit like it was wobbling, a bit of over roll and then correct it. You might want to use less roll thingies, at least that is my experience when you trow to much of them the track start to wobble.

For the rest it is a great ride.

• CommentTimeMay 23rd 2016

Okay so long time no post or project for me!

I'm sorry for the major bump but its not without reason. the last time I picked up and played No Limits properly was when I built that coaster you can see up the top of the page, fast forward two years I thought I should re visit it and I did. I came up with Shark Attack.2 well its actually just called Shark Attack.

So as you can see this time I've placed the ride on a pier and made it the main focus of that pier, there is a Free Fly (modeled by myself, not animated though) and a few stalls and such as well. I also filmed a video for the ride so your able to view it in all its glory if you want to check it out

https://youtu.be/dcNGDSrBHAA

Thanks for taking a look, hopefully my next project wont take as long to release.
    ^ is it bad i have been playing no limits longer than you and cant produce a coaster anywhere near as good as that? XD
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2016

^ How long have you been playing for?! And if what you say is true, I honestly have no words to speak, though the ones that come to mind are pretty negative...
    *^ i have been playinnf roughly scince january
    Note didnt realise how old the thread was
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2016

Oh, he's been playing for at least two years now, as he mentioned above, so nevermind (I guess)
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2016 edited

So here I am making another rare appearance, I'm always in and out with NoLimits but I've been lurking these forums and seeing the stuff that a lot of you guys have been creating lately which is incredible and have decided I want in on the action. With any creative game building something new is a learning experience and I picked up quite a lot during this one, hopefully you will all see some improvement on my previous works.

This is Big Bad Wolf, an Intamin multi launch. I wanted to build what I feel would have been a worthwhile replacement for the original at Busch Gardens and is supposed to stand as a kind of a tribute.

Ride Stats:
    Top speed - 70mph
    Length - 60137ft
    Max height - 170ft

I also shot a video if you guys want to check out the whole ride: https://youtu.be/gnSOcbpH3k4
    Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745828352&searchtext=
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Wow. That's really good, I love the dirt road you cut out in the last picture. After watching your video, it's easy to see that you've captured a "normal" (mostly unthemed) environment very well. Your foliage and terraforming are great! Although, it would've been nice to see a lot less "greenfield" in the background.
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2016

I liked it, I wish the first drop after the first launch was a little steeper, especially since the rest of the ride is smooth fast hills and such, I think that's one of my favorite things intamin does, that "oh shit" moment on a drop like that is always amazing
    •  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi

Someone call Busche Gardens Williamsburg and tell em Its time to replace Vertbolton.

this looks absolutely amazing
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

I think Verbolten is great. So they'd better find a different patch of land for this ;D Very nice ride, I did only spot a few places where a few more roll nodes would have been useful maybe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Verbolten is a fun ride, but the train rattles very badly and makes the ride uncomfortable at times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

From what I've heard, the train's literally a goddamn vibrator lmao

This looks great though, I have a little bit of iffs with the supports but other than that it looks very realistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

The rattle was actually my favourite part... Its not enough for me to feel uncomfortable, but is enough to make the ride feel more "out of control"
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

On all my 8 rides in 2014 I did not realize anything distracting, just a great rollercoaster.. Sad for those who are not able to enjoy it :/
    Back to his coaster: I really liked it and I reflect what others have already said. What really annoys me in your videos though is the warped FOV. I find it very distracting and it's hard to tell the actual shaping of elements.

@TheBeatles - Thanks, the green background is because of my lack of modeling skill and all my objects being high poly meaning I had to cut back on trees to save the frame rate. Glad you liked it though.

@DanKruga - Thanks. I hadn't really thought about that, your right though maybe I should have considered a steeper drop.

@HafizBazzi - Haha, good to see you enjoyed it!

@zampano - Thanks zampano! If you have the time, could you point out what parts you think need work? it's the only way I'll know where I'm going wrong with it.

@ Olmisery - Thank You! Again if you could point out some of the particular parts you found iffy it would be really useful to me.

@CoolioJoe100 - Forgive me, but what do you mean by warped as ideally I would like to stop this in my videos, I just don't know what it is. I do put No Limits through cheat engine on a speed hack when I film to slow the game down and improve FPS, I then double the speed of the video when editing, could this be the issue? And if so is there a better way I could go about filming my ride?
    No, it doesn't have anything to do with that. It's just a setting that must have somehow gotten changed in the simulator. While in the sim, press F7 and at the bottom of the popup window should be a scroll bar for setting the Field of View. Ideally it should be right in the center. :)

Ahh okay, ill make sure that's adjusted next time, thanks for letting me know.
    Sure thing. I'm probably more sensitive to it than you are, but in changing the FOV you might find that your coasters look better/more realistic than before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2016 edited

About the FOV, I wouldn't overdo it though. 60% to the left or so should also be just fine... I'm getting dizzy when the FOV is too small and I think it's harder for the eyes to follow the track if it's "zoomed in" too much. So I'd say it's a bit of a personal preference, but JOe's right, it could safely be reduced a bit :)

About the roll nodes, here are the two more obvious spots that I was talking about:

- 1:56 in the video, the transition from low ground turn to overbanked turn. I think the banking should rotate faster in the beginning, it seems to be a bit off on the way up. It also could optionally reach its final value a bit earlier and then stay there or you could slow the transition down in the middle with a faster rotation in the beginning and the end. Intamin and other manufactures quite often to multiple roll motions instead of one long and smooth transition to get a more refined, detailed shaping. But that's not a must at all, since such long flowing transitions can be pretty cool also. But it's nice to have that "in the toolkit" ;D

- 2:11 it could be on purpose, but its clearly visible here that the turn begins earlier than the banking happens. If you wanted, you could easily change that if you would add a roll node pretty early in the turn, for example at the first A-frame support and set it to "no lateral G-force". That would be what I said before, one faster transition to get the "base banking", and then a slow further increase throughout the element.

Also, the very first turn coming down the first hill bends to the right a little before the banking comes, too. I figured that might be on purpose, since it's similar to what Taron does with the first airtime hill.

These are just observations I made and I think it would be possible to control the banking a little more precisely in general if you added say 15-20% more role nodes or so. I don't want to say everything I said needs to be done that way, or that you should only do exactly what intamin has done before ;)

Hope that's of some help for you!
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2016

@zampano

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the time you took to write this out. I don't have a keen eye for shaping and such so you pointing it out really helps.
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2016

I've always imagined having my own coaster manufacturing company. Obviously I'm no engineer or anything but I still wanted to have a go at envisioning what kind of coaster my company would possibly make. This ride takes inspiration from Mack, RMC and Intamin.

Special thanks to Freefall for help with the CSV exporter for the track.

LIGHTNING STRIKE VIDEO

Steam Link
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2016 edited

Cyclops was originally supposed to be an Intamin prefab woodie however it doesn't really look much like a prefab. Now I'm just referring it to a normal Intamin woodie with a more modern layout. I also tried to keep the layout pretty compact.

CYCLOPS VIDEO
    Steam Link
    I love the custom trains on booth rides :)

You should release them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2016

^ I agree. I could definitely use them for a project I'm working on.
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2016 edited

Posted By: DerMuffinMakerI love the custom trains on booth rides :)

You should release them.

Posted By: jpaufsc^ I agree. I could definitely use them for a project I'm working on.

If you download the parks off Steam and unpackage them, you can use them. The parks are not locked.

For the prefab just transfer the highlighted files into your park folder and the texture files to, I forgot to highlight those

And for the Lightning Strike train transfer these files And the texture files to, I forgot to highlight those
    • CommentAuthortobihelix

Oh Wow!
    Can you Put the Download into the NoLimits Exchange or Google Drive?
    I have no Steam :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^Same. Any sort of cloud drive download (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.) would be easier in the case of non Steam users (like myself).
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2016 edited

Here are the dropbox links

CYCLOPS

LIGHTNING STRIKE
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you make a togo standup train or a togo ultratwister car?
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2016 edited

-
    That's awesome! Looks very similar to Projektion's sky swat :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2016

^ but better shhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2016

Can you make a 1300 foot tall ferris wheel next?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2016

or better yet ... a ferris wheel with a bunch of Sky Swat carriages instead of regular seats.

Just some small progress shots, shouldn't be to long before I have a full version ready for you to place in your parks if you wish.
    ^ do the restraints actually work?
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2017

So I have been doing some more work in FVD, this time I tired a wooden coaster. I'm not quite sure you can call it a GCI as the track shaping probably doesn't resemble GCI to much, the layout was GCI inspired though.

(Credit goes to Coasterfan312 for taking the screen)

Splinter Video
    Workshop
    Another new coaster from me. the park is unlocked so feel free to download and use the trains, just install as you would any other custom trains.

Cloud Catcher Video
    Workshop
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017

Really cool design and fantastic job on the trains!
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

Nice trains and coaster! I like the roll into the little dip around 2:13. What do you use as the heartline value in FVD++? The rocket coaster (with the double spine track) is 1.1m, but the Intamin hyper, off of which, I've heard, the wing trains are based, is 0.9m.
    • CommentAuthortobihelix

Wow this train looks amazing!
    Do you have a Dropbox link? :)
    Trains look great! I immediately started designing a track to try these on. Your layout was really fun and the park looks well sorted around the coaster. I especially like the terrain work around the low parts of the ride and the drop.