Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMinchkin
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2014

Hello!

I haven't been on here in a while but I am back for NL2.

This is actually my first design that I made that I feel comfortable with sharing, but I am not on the level where I am ready to post it. The biggest thing that I am running into here is supports. There was a ton of inspiration from B&M but I wanted to still make it unique, so it isn't going to be 100% true to B&M styling. Also, I am not sure how B&M supports are really supposed to work. I used some images as a starting point and want to know what I can improve on, which is what this thread is for. There is no scenery and I know that there are still a few changes to be made but overall ideas from here would be fantastic.

I did post this before on Reddit and received some advice and have since adjusted it since, but the low activity there made it a little odd and I wasn't able to get any more guidance. I hope you guys can help. You can download it here

This is a link to my Imgur album with pictures as well

Thanks!

• CommentAuthorMilBee

Honestly, your supports don't look that bad. Your lift hill supports could be little thicker though. On the third picture, your Immelmann need to be shaped better in my opinion. Plus the support at the top of the Immelmann needs to be moved up more. Maybe look at pictures of Sheikra's Immelmann and look at the shaping and the supporting.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMinchkin

The element up front is actually a dive loop and the element in the back is supposed to be an untwisted cobra roll.

• CommentAuthorMilBee

I must have not been looking at the direction of the train. Nonetheless, it still needs re-shaping and more supports because basically the whole time the train is upside down, there are no supports.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMinchkin

Okay, I'll take a look at it and compare it to some others, I think the biggest thing is that this would stretch the bottom of the hill. So I'm thinking I may build it with some tunnels before and after the loop.