Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSohcahtoa
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2014

I haven't been in the No Limits scene since CoasterSims was around. If I recall correctly, I used the alias "Killrbyte" on that site, and I had posted a short series of "Kiddie" versions of large coasters, such as Bottom Thrill Dragster, Magnum XS-20, and Decade Force, 1/10th scale versions of Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum XL-200, and Millennium Force. I had also spent some time making NoLPOVCon, a program that would convert a No Limits track into a POV-Ray scene for doing an animation using high quality effects not normally supported by the No Limits rendering engine. I never finished it, but you can see a demo render of what I had done so far at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxiE_CxVrGE

I've already uploaded Jenova, a B&M Invert loosely based on a NL1 track I uploaded to CoasterSims years ago by the same name. I plan on recreating a few rides I made in NL1 in NL2, including my miniature series over the next month or so.

See you all at the park!
    lol, I met you at Six Flags America a while back. You remain the only person I've met in person (outside of a couple industry meeting type events) who I knew of from a No Limits site. Welcome.
    Welcome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2014

Hello and welcome! I'm a recently returned member to the NL communities myself, having also been out of the scene since the Coastersims days. But the release of NL2 has sparked my interest again and I have also uploaded a coaster after not finishing any projects in years! I do remember some of your tiny coasters, will be fun seeing them recreated in NL2.
    • CommentAuthorReal
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2014

Viking! Killrbyte! Ahh, nice to see you guys.
    • CommentAuthorSohcahtoa
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2014 edited

Posted By: DC High Heatlol, I met you at Six Flags America a while back. You remain the only person I've met in person (outside of a couple industry meeting type events) who I knew of from a No Limits site. Welcome.

O.o Did you? I've only been to SFA once (I think it was 2005), and I don't remember meeting anyone from CoasterSims or any other site for that matter. Though to be fair, I barely remember ANYTHING from that day except being highly disappointed with S:RoS. That coaster was very underwhelming.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2014

Posted By: RealViking! Killrbyte! Ahh, nice to see you guys.

It's great to see so many familiar names from the Coastersims days still around, makes it feel like I haven't been gone for as long as I actually have.