Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

How soon are we looking at release? I want this now pls.
    ^within a week or two at most cuz Im ready to move on to bigger and better things
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2014

Posted By: Kyle Sloanebigger
    !
    Posted By: Kyle Sloaneand better
    !!1!!11!

*faints*

*smelling some smelling salt*
    I think the AO textures look a tad more realistic, the other ones are a little too shiny in my opinion. Can't wait to take a ride on Heretic and even more so on your next creation! ;)
    • CommentAuthorKyle Sloane
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2014 edited

poster-2014-03-29-22-57-35
    poster-2014-03-29-23-33-47
    Nice screenshots, the lighting in the first one is just sublime :)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2014

Please upload a video of this when you release, this coaster looks epic!
    The ride is close to completion. I am looking for someone with a mid range graphics card to test the ride's fps for me, since I have a very good graphics card I have no way to gauge performance.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014

I have a NVIDIA GeForce Experience. Plus 8 Gigs of memory. Is that enough?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I could test, I have a mediocre graphics card. Just whisper me.
    • CommentAuthorLiroquai

NVIDIA GTX 650 here. Pretty standard card. Happy to test.
    • CommentAuthorKyle Sloane
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014 edited

Alright guys I have an enough testers thanks everyone!
    I have a GT555M here xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014 edited

Prepare yourselves - it's a long one.

I'm hoping to be done by next Sunday. I'm halfway done (yay) but I have a huge chunk of work cut out for me for this second half. I'm excited though - I've got a neat theme for this one and my handhelds have somehow been turning out pretty damn awesome with little to no retakes. Now for scripts...
    Yes! I always love your videos AJ, and now they have even value more seeing that they give me NL2 video instead of just pictures :) I can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014

Looking forward to it :D
    Posted By: AJClarke0912Prepare yourselves - it's a long one.

That's what she said.
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2014 edited

I ran into some frustrations with the second half. RAM was running at the limit which made Vegas crash if I loaded more clips, so I had to render the first half and re-import it just so I could keep going. As a result there's a few issues with fades I had at the beginning bits, but if anything it adds character. Then, in the second half, I planned on having loads of flying camera tricks that would utilize an attached target object onboard the train. The camera would've flown through bits of the coaster while maintaining focus on the train, giving off some amazing (and jitter-free!) shots. This had issues as well, and ended up not working for this video.

But here it is!

I put a lot of time into it, and I hope you all enjoy it. I think you will. A Full POV will be available when Kyle uploads his ride for those with bad computers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2014

Rounded up.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

That is beatiful!
    • CommentAuthorsprog

That is fantastic AJ, really enjoyed it. Kyle has done a stellar job on that environment, the lighting is damn near perfect.
    • CommentAuthortplowman91

When can we expect a release of this wonderful piece of art?
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Beautiful work there, AJ. Very impressed ...
    I am stunned, wow.
    Just wow.
    Amazing 3d modeling work and I can't wait to see the animation of the launch in Nolimits :P
    Make sure you have a good computer though - that ride wasn't very pretty on my machine. Of course, I don't have a graphics card so I was running it a ~5 fps so you may fare better than I.
    • CommentAuthors 52 s

Wow, this turned out extraordinary! The layout looks beyond smooth and I love the surroundings.
    • CommentAuthorReal
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2014

I was a tester and heres my machine:

build
    screenshot tool

That prices out to under 900 and I bet you could shave another 100 with using multiple websites (I got it all for 750ish from some sales) So by no means an expensive computer.

I tried it with max settings and it only dropped to 35fps. When I removed alot of the frills, I got a bit higher.
    View FPS RealTime

Above video was shot with phone in real time with settings maxed. When I took off shadows and sprites, I gained an average of 15-20fps. In other words, I think twice it dropped to 40 but overall, it was 60+. I am not sure how many LOD's he has for the various things in this, but given how good it looks, Id say on an $800 machine with settings maxed that staying around 40-50 with peaks up over 100 is not bad, not bad at all.
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014 edited

Since it may be another few days to a week before Heretic is finally ready to download, I went ahead and uploaded the RAW POV to whet your appetites. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMOpS4v7bQ&hd=1
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014

Damn, that's one crazy fast paced ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014

I like it a lot. Really good pacing, fast transitions, long layout and secnery and surroundings are breathtaking. Nice work.
    The ride has been officially uploaded to CC! Unfortunately there have been technical difficulties in the process of uploading on NLE (large file size).
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014

For some reason, I get an error when opening the ride
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

This is taking me 2 and a half minutes to download. Lol. Otherwise it is amazing, and I really do appreciate the hydraulics.
    I'd recommend posting a Dropbox or Google Drive download here too, in case not everyone wants to register to another site to get it.

I would download it but I already have it! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Well looks like Kyle's evil plan to destroy everyone's computer was successful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014 edited

Absolutely phenomenal. If this is what we're getting in NL2 after only 4 months, I can't wait to see what the future holds.

One thing I have to say though, for realism's sake, you could have put half the amount of brakes on the launch track (judging by what it's like for SpeedMonster). I also feel the way it pulls out of the launch track was a bit too snappy for my liking.
    Downloading it now, just noticed it is 297MB, so I'm preparing for lag xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014 edited

Some of the textures are broken, especially the wood around the window, it looks golden. Also, the fire doesn't work.
    ^Eh I give up lol