Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014 edited

After starting and scrapping a few rides to get a idea on how to use NL2 and FVD++ I've decided to make a small park centered around a lake. The first ride I'm going to work on is a B&M Hyper located on the eastern side of the lake.

Please share any constructive criticism on shaping or anything else you might think is off. The turn into the MCBR will be changed, I just haven't figured out how to do it yet. The track colors I'll probably keep, but the train I haven't decided on yet.
    For everyone who feels like tearing me apart for this.....it's not the angle on the first drop that shows poor shaping. If you're going to truly follow B&M style for this, I would definitely suggest looking at some side views of real B&M hypers to find where the drop begins to increase its pitch at. Yours appears to level out a bit too soon and lacks the signature airtime of a hypers first drop.

The airtime hill should be more parabolic for maximum airtime and correct shaping. As for the color scheme right now, the track seems just a little bit too green, try out some complimentary colors for the rails and what not. I know how much of a pain getting a solid color scheme can be :)

Anyways, I like the idea that this ride presents and can't wait to see where it leads to!
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014

Well since the superbowl was over by halftime I decided to give the first drop another pass.

• CommentAuthorElvenage

Try these for reference and see if you can't identify where the issues lie in comparison.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ I don't find Leviathan to be a good example to look at, because the thicker spine dwarfs the ride a lot. For now, the shape of your drop is nearly good, it only lack a few more degrees of steepness.

Also, that's the first time I see NL2's map borders. lol
    • CommentAuthorRazevil

Another try

As for the edge of the map, I tried to get the terrain autogen to make a lake more centrally located, but that was the best I could get it to do. Besides the edge adds a bit of a solid boundary to contend with.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Try making the crest a bit tighter.
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014 edited

Alright after using Photoshop to compare shapes hopefully this is good enough.

•  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

That actually looks really good. Can't wait to see the rest of the layout.
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2014

Some air hills now that the first drop is good

The hill in the back was a experiment that needs work.
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014

Sorry for the lack of updates I've been busy with school, fixing my desktop (didn't affect the ride as it's on my laptop), and general issues with the ride.

I have the layout complete and have started the supports.

• CommentAuthordct2012
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014

looks really nice, and its good to see that you reshaped the crown and angle of the first drop. one thing i will say say is, that i would modify those last two supports on the lift so they can have their own footers...
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2014

Finished supporting the first half of the ride and added some simple scenery to kind of give the feel I'm going for. Still got flanges and other details to add.

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

The first picture looks very cool. I also love the first half of this ride, shaping seems to be quite accurate.
    I don't about the second half after the helix, though, it may be a little spread out. It's also hard to tell how good the shaping is without actually having a close look at it.
    • CommentAuthorRazevil

Got tired of seeing red lines after awhile so I worked on the environment for a bit. What do you guys think?

• CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2014

Finished the main supports. Still got the transfer track to complete and scenery to put in the back half. Also made the lift support tubes thicker. Thought they looked too thin.

• CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2014 edited

Coaster uploaded

Hayashi

Hayashi is a japanese word for forest or grove.

Ride Stats:

Track Length - 1914.88 m (6282 ft)
    Track height - 77.74 m (255 ft)
    Max Speed - 130.5 kph (81 mph)
    Ride Time - 2min 5sec
    Riders per Hour - ~1920 - 2880 rph

I would like to thank everyone who commented on the construction thread for helping me make this a better coaster.

Build using FVD++

Grass, sand, and concrete texture from http://www.cgtextures.com/

Skybox from http://www.3delyvisions

Youtube Video
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014 edited

I would like to thank everyone who downloaded and rated Hayashi. I know it wasn't the most exciting thing out there, but it was a good way for me to get used to NL2 and FVD++.

Now on to the next project.

I got this idea for a flyer while working on the supports for Hayashi and messed around with different elements when I got tired of seeing red lines. I'm still trying to figure out a basic shape in my mind before I really get to working on the full ride, but here is one of the results from messing around with making different elements.

Again comments and critique welcomed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014

I think it looks like an interesting element. Which side is the entrance and which is the exit? That might give us a better idea of how it will ride/feel.
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014

It goes from right to left
    Sweet, that's almost cool enough that I could see B&M actually using it. ;)

http://s246.photobucket.com/user/coasterfusion/media/79.jpg.html
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014

Yeah I was modeling it after that, but I can't find any good side shots to see the angle it ascends while rolling
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014

Started working on the track and was having some difficulty getting the shaping of half a pretzel loop and wanted to see what you guys think.

This is just going to half a pretzel loop. What comes after it will be very interesting, but I wanted to get this right before showing that.
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014

Track work is done. Now on to supports.

Also a short video showing the first half can be viewed here
    • CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014

• CommentAuthorRazevil
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014

Started working on a small eurofighter based on Thunderbolt at Luna Park.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014

The crest of your lift should be much tighter