Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014 edited

photo supermanlogorecreation.png

While I was playing around in the editor the other day I thought about a way I could create a Intamin shuttle launch in NL2 without scripting the track or trains completely by scratch. What I came up with was lining up 2 Intamin rocket trains next to each other to give the appearance of one whole 4 seat train. I then used the amazingly customizable NL2 support's to create the track and LSM.

photo 3729dc5a9706580ff8f4adaa07c5a03b.png
    The track in the second photo has been modified and is different from the first photo.
     photo 2f69c3d0c47cfd4516a80b96e4971762.png

I am aware the track is a bit different on the launch track than it is on the tower track. That will be changed latter to, this is just a test.
     photo 48f9e32ef5b9c256fd056044eaab44f6.png

I have figure out how to make the full scale ride and have begun the track work. the launch reaches 100 MPH in 7 second like the real ride and the length of the track and height of the tower line up perfectly with the real thing. I am also aware that there are only 2 seats in the last row on the real thing, there is nothing I can do about that.

(I NEED SCRIPTING HELP)
    I need someone to scrip a 3ds around the train similar to how ( JAMMYD778 ) did with his smiler recreation. I will create the custom car 3ds.
    contact me on Skype - dylan_todd_1

(example of the cars)
     photo 1377196441_rides08.jpg

Comment appreciated.

(More updates to come soon.)
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014

(UPDATE)

The first teaser is out showing off the launch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF0vr6WXBFw&feature=youtu.be
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014

This looks like it could be a super cool recreation. Hopefully you'll be able to script the real features of the ride, like the doors that open to let people in the station.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2014

Dayum son, awesome idea! This looks fantastic, can't wait to see it finished!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Thanks :D jakool And I hopefully will find someone to script the doors and body of the car for me llamaboy. If I can't find someone to do it for me the I will have to learn to script :| it scares me just looking at it lol.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I think once you have the shell down, it's just a simple attach script for the front car. Actually, is there a way to script both cars to move as one? If not, there's another thing to figure out.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

They move together in sync for now but if you emergency stop it or reset it it messes it up. I haven't figured out how to make them move together. If I can't find a script to make then run as one then I won't be able to emergency stop the cars or do manual dispatch. If anyone finds a way to script the cars to run as one ride and have the same control panel please tell me.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^I meant both cars in either train.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

I'm not really sure what you mean jakool
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2014 edited

Here is a train:
    -_________________
    [........().|........().|
    [______()|______().|
    Car 1........Car 2

We want a script to get Car 1 and Car 2 to move at the same time, almost as if locked together so as to move as one car and not break the illusion. Is it possible to make a script so that Car 2 parallels Car 1 so they act as 1 car?
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2014 edited

Oh I understand now. That would solve all the dispatch issues as well. I want the script to not only link the cars but to have them share the same control panel. Like say I open car 1's restraints I want car 2's restraints to open as well.

(Edit)
    Hopefully I can get the new update on here by tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorYPOC

It is possible to copy the first track's behaviour to the second track, so they'll be synchronous, however I'm not sure whether NL2 varies the weights with every (un)loading cycle. If it does, then there will be small differences in the acceleration of the trains.
    But with the current scripting API it is not possible to let the tracks share the same control panel.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

How will you get the hand built custom I beam track to not be full of jerks when you build it?
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Most of the track is strait sections so I won't have to much of a problem there. The curved part of the track is a different story. I am experimenting with different methods of doing the curve with the I beam supports. If that doesn't work then I will make the curved section a 3ds model. It won't be hard to make it the right size considering the I beam I am using is a custom one, so I know all the messurements to accurately create a curved version in sketchup.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2014

(small Update)

I corrected the launch track to be identical to the real thing. I made the LSM longer and added the beam in the middle (I have no idea what the beam dose on the real ride lol)
     photo 4064f8c9b3a40d909f0282dd0a9bea28.png

Comparison to the real thing.
     photo 48f9e32ef5b9c256fd056044eaab44f6.png
     photo 97b4d93ff4809ce83ec6238d7ae48a09.png

I may possibly change the grey part of the track to a catwalk like material slimier to the real thing at a later date.

I am now working on the ride itself. I think I have figured out a way to make the car roll back just a bit before launching just like the real thing. The only thing I cant seam to get it to do is roll back after returning into the station. I guess this could be scripted but for now it will just have to due without it. expect another update soon showing off the ride in motion.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

The real thing doesn't roll back, it's on LSM's so it just shoots off.
    • CommentAuthorA113

the plate on the left looks to just be metal grate catwalk, potentially for walking on the track for maintenance purposes, so I don't think it should be entirely opaque. i'd look into using an alpha texutre

• CommentAuthorLiroquai

Posted By: JAKoolThe real thing doesn't roll back, it's on LSM's so it just shoots off.

There is a very slight movement before (I'm guessing) the LSMs engage. See this video at 1:45ish. It's technically a "roll forward" but since the cars are reversed on both models of the coaster you could call it a rollback.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

If you're talking about how it kind of rolls a bit, Superman doesn't do that, it just shoots off.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014 edited

Posted By: A113the plate on the left looks to just be metal grate catwalk, potentially for walking on the track for maintenance purposes, so I don't think it should be entirely opaque. i'd look into using an alpha texutre

I am aware it is a catwalk. I have had may close inspection of super man in person. Like I said before it is also just a temporary thing

Posted By: JAKoolIf you're talking about how it kind of rolls a bit, Superman doesn't do that, it just shoots off.

I have sat in the station while my the trains was being dispatched. It it rolls back a good foot and a half before it engages the LSM'S. I have 2 family members that work at MM one of them is a co manager so I have gotten allot of time to see most of the rides up close. Next time your on superman jake, sit on the very side and look at the ground, you will see it roll back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014

Probably the kicker wheel pushing the train into the LSMs...
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014

I don't remember seeing a kicker wheel on the ride. If I can recall I think the whole ride is powered by LSM, because the older models of LSM's don't do well with slow transport (anything under 20mph) that's why the train vibrates and shakes when it slowly comes back to the station. If you watch a pov you can hear the vibrations of the train.