Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Soo, I scripted this:
    Its a Banshee CTR in NL2!

=)
    • CommentAuthorsoldier148
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014

Looks good, great work on this!
    Thanks^

Heavy WIP.
    • CommentAuthorBlackMamba

Please stop doing this or the dev team will become to lazy to bring wing riders in an update xD
    Looks great, that train has almost the quality of the preloaded NL2 trains!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Wow, this is so cool! It's a wonderful start!
    • CommentAuthorPePpO

Wow they really look great, nice work.
    Are they scripted objects following a real track?
    ^From the looks of it, it's a real B&M track with no trains, and a wooden coaster with invisible track and trains the same color as the B&M track. The cars are .3ds models which are scripted to follow the wooden trains. The invisible track for the wooden coaster mimics the B&M track, and the result is a train made of .3ds objects following a train on invisible track following a B&M track with no trains. Boom, CTR.

EDIT: Also, couldn't you make the invisible track, say 100m under ground, and then script the CTR cars to locate themselves at the same x and z coordinates as the woodie cars, and set their y coordinates to the woodie cars plus 100? Then you don't have to worry about the woodie cars being invisible at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

^just leave the woodie in wireframe and hide it
    Posted By: Vekoma Fan Boy^From the looks of it, it's a real B&M track with no trains, and a wooden coaster with invisible track and trains the same color as the B&M track. The cars are .3ds models which are scripted to follow the wooden trains. The invisible track for the wooden coaster mimics the B&M track, and the result is a train made of .3ds objects following a train on invisible track following a B&M track with no trains. Boom, CTR.

EDIT: Also, couldn't you make the invisible track, say 100m under ground, and then script the CTR cars to locate themselves at the same x and z coordinates as the woodie cars, and set their y coordinates to the woodie cars plus 100? Then you don't have to worry about the woodie cars being invisible at all.

This is what I need help doing, I don't know how to modify the matrix of the train to make the model appear higher up.
    Please excuse any apparent ineptitude; I haven't had really any chance at all to play with the scripting engine in NL2, but doesn't the matrix to which you are referring only encode the orientation of the object it is referencing? Or does it give a complete transformation to its orientation and position?

Either way, I would probably use something like:

(The methods referenced in the code below are just examples, again I haven't toyed with NL2's scripting engine.)

CSOpitch = trainCar.getAnglePitch();
    CSOyaw = trainCar.getAngleYaw();
    CSOroll = trainCar.getAngleRoll();

CSOxPos = trainCar.getPosX();
    CSOyPos = trainCar.getPosY() + 100;
    CSOzPos = trainCar.getPosZ();

Then again, that would just be me being lazy and exchanging relearning what I'd need to know about matrices for a pile of tedious but conceptually easy spaghetti code.