Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorzacattack
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2014

I've downloaded three different tracks today (Airflow, Momentum, and Uproar) and the same issue keeps popping up. I try to open them and I get the Nl2 popup window that simply says "This is not a valid package file" or something to that effect. It seems like a really huge coincidence that they could all be messed up, has this been happening to anyone else? Has anyone downloaded one of these tracks successfully? It's also messing with my percentage as right now I can't rate any if I wanted to.

This is the first time I've had any problems downloading here. I've downloaded a whole bunch of NL2 tracks from the exchange without issue, and was able to download a couple from CC today that worked just fine.

Ideas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Its not just you, somethings up with the site today.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

The one day I upload a coaster -_-
    • CommentAuthordragon2000

Same here. Glad you guys posted about it, thought it was just my silly computer breaking!
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2014

I have also confirmed this issue... Mathew?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2014 edited

Messaged Mathew about it, but it's ~3am his time at the moment, might have to wait till tomorrow to get some action on this. Our apologies! Bear with us...

Hopefully fixed the issue. I've confirmed it with a few files. Let me know if you run into any further problems.

Sorry about that!

• CommentAuthorCCJared
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2014

Just whilst this seems to be an issue with the site. The Forum "Latest Posts" section on the main site doesn't seem to be updating. :(

Ah yes, that's a known issue (which I'll eventually get to).

I moved the main website to a new server. I haven't had the chance to network the machines together so the website can read the forum database.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2017

I have had two downloaded coasters, this year so far, from the exchange have this "This is not a valid package file" error.

One is this.

http://www.nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/kalessin/10491

The other was this coaster.

http://www.nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/cobra11/10475
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2017

Really, TOGO?

Two years?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I am having the same "This is not a valid package file" from those two coasters. It seemed to happen after the latest update to the exchange.
    Posted By: RobotnikReally, TOGO?

Two years?

Make that three years, actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

There is nothing wrong bumping a relevant topic, even years after.
    Posted By: TOGO FanI am having the same "This is not a valid package file" from those two coasters. It seemed to happen after the latest update to the exchange.

Try talking to the site staff, or if it's an issue with launching them in NL2, try talking to the developers, they'll fix ya up.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2017

Posted By: TheFlyerMan1Try talking to the site staff

Lol
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017

I am still having this problem with every track I download off the exchange. Can the exchange please just be shut down now? Until the new website is ready to be launched?
    I don't really see a point in Matt shutting the exchange down as of now, although I don't think he would anyway. I've been trying to find a word the past couple months that describes how he updated the site (which he actually did a complete rewrite of the exchange, even though it barely looks or feels like it), broke half of both the forum and exchange, and doesn't seem to care enough to get on and actually test it in production; and one finally came to mind: arrogant.

Again, no one who posts on this site actually has access to the site or control over it.
    NLC when?
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017

^I'm sure he's still working on it. I think what you need most right now is a bit of patience.
    I don't want to insult you with that