Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2014 edited

So as a side project to get myself into NL2 properly I decided to build a Leviathan-esk B&M terrain giga coaster.

Taking notes from Leviathan, Shambhala, Appolo's Chariot and Diamondback, it has a complete height difference of 318ft, with a 308ft drop.

So far it's nameless, it'll have a basic futuristic theme to the station and surrounding area.

First Drop:
     photo screenshot-2014-02-18-23-09-43.png

photo screenshot-2014-02-18-23-08-25.png

Going out and back:
     photo screenshot-2014-02-18-23-10-56.png

Lets get artsy:
     photo screenshot-2014-02-18-23-15-33.png

and finally a 'THROUGH THE TREES'

photo screenshot-2014-02-18-23-16-53.png
    • CommentAuthorAltitude
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2014

She's beautiful. Fab work as always!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2014

Wow this project looks amazing. It's a shame the station is blurred it looks amazing as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Definitely looking forward to this, loving the station look and the drop's spine :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

A B&M giga coaster with an MCBR, terrain interaction and from you - this has to be a great coaster for sure!
    This is a beautiful looking coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Lookin' good. Love that opera house looking station creepin' in the background.

Would we be able to get a look at the spine itself in relation to the size of the track? Just from the angles it appears to be a little too large. But other than that, it looks fantastic, well done!
    Certainly,

Leviathans track

photo screenshot-2014-02-20-21-13-53.png
     photo screenshot-2014-02-20-21-14-39.png
     photo screenshot-2014-02-20-21-15-49.png

Mine.
    As I has figured, I'm not sure the dimensions you used for the spine but as you can see it is a bit too large, I resized the image proportionally so it's not off in size to prove a point....

I'm not sure of the detail you would like to go into for this ride but maybe redoing the ties such that they end at the side of the spine would definitely increase the realism of the ride (don't get me wrong though, that's the least of anybody's concerns) ;) As for the color, it seems a bit bland, just like leviathan :P maybe just stripe the rails and see how that looks? I don't know, but anything would help within reason of course! Hahaha.

As I said before though, it looks like a cool ride and I can't wait to see it released!
    It's a pretty hard thing to judge, from some angles it looks right, others it doesn't. At the minute it's 1.2 x 1.3m, I'll experiment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2014

If anything, it's a little bit too wide.

photo screenshot-2014-02-23-22-18-36.png

This is better right? 1.1 x 1.3m
    To be quite honest, you could probably increase the width to about 1.115m somewhere in there and then increase the height of the spine to about 2m. I just got done talking to someone whose about the same height as the spine who was able to compare heights with the spine itself (Nick, you lucky SOB) and he said it was about 6-6.5 ft tall. Hope that helps out a little :)
     photo screenshot-2014-03-19-15-26-03.png

photo screenshot-2014-03-19-15-29-35.png

photo screenshot-2014-03-19-15-33-32.png

photo screenshot-2014-03-19-15-32-10.png

photo screenshot-2014-03-19-15-30-50.png

photo screenshot-2014-03-19-15-32-56.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorParallax
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014

That layout is amazing! I love the big turn over the station and plaza. I love the interaction with Bizarro at Six Flags Great Adventure, and upping the scale like this is awesome. Only thing I'm not in love with is the support color. It seems like there is a lot of gray and it's a pretty dull color in my opinion. I think silver or anything closer to white would work better in making it stand out. Brilliant layout though.
    I agree with parallax, the layout is absolutely stunning! Beautiful work of art.

EDIT: I aslo really enjoy the station's abstract look, very nice. But I think I like the white roof more than this dark grey color you have now. It provided a nice contrast to the supports.
    ^ The white roof was taken out because I've made the roof underneath white and I wanted to make it less Sydney Opera House. There is a lot of grey but that's the point and the look I've gone for with it.

But anyways, I've been experimenting around with different support colours, see what you guys think:

Firstly I tried a silver like Parallax suggested, but I think it looks worse than the darker grey tbh..

photo screenshot-2014-03-20-15-00-42.png

Then I went down a Leviathan root and went for a dark blue

photo screenshot-2014-03-20-01-37-48.png

oooor, a darker grey than I had before

photo screenshot-2014-03-20-14-58-57.png

And finally a black

photo screenshot-2014-03-20-15-02-44.png

What do you think? If you have any more suggestions I'd be happy to try them
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014

I personally like the blue.

In the first picture on the left there is a horizontal track connector, are you going to fix that?
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

I like the grey more - it seems to blend in with the terrain more and is less harsh than the blue.
    Posted By: MilBee
    In the first picture on the left there is a horizontal track connector, are you going to fix that?

photo screenshot-2014-03-20-17-38-51.png

It looks pretty weird both ways tbh.
    The vertical one looks alot better, hahaha, even though it may look awkward still.
    Dark grey for the win
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I preferred the original colours.
    • CommentAuthorCCJared

Can you not rotate the support to fix that issue? It might be due to the rotation of the support beam or footer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParallax

I think the silver looks better on the ampersand but worse with all of the gray that is present on and around the station. I don't know what it is that I don't like about the colors, it just seems so bland and boring. Have you tried colored supports aside from the dark blue? I could see purple working if it's the right shade.
    The same purple as the seats perhaps?
    Each train is a different colour, there's a blue, purple, and green one.

This is what it looks like purple, but I'm not sure I like
     photo screenshot-2014-03-20-21-48-40.png

I think I'm gunna go with the darker grey on this one. I've added a wooden floor and Operator booth to the station that's given it a bit more colour

photo screenshot-2014-03-20-21-45-08.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

That purple for the supports is ugly. I do agree with the station's roof color, I also liked it better in white. If you want to go a little further with this project, Ribbon looks like it would fit right in with this coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2014 edited

The station area seems like 50 shades of grey to me ... and yeah, that joke was poor ... :P

Seriously, though: Have you already tried white or even brownish-orange or yellow supports? If they don't look better I'd also stick with the darker grey you have now.
    I liked the silver, dark blue a la leviathan, and the dark grey. But the black was too much. The purple is horrible haha
    Posted By: Ajax_CoastersI liked the silver, dark blue a la leviathan, and the dark grey. But the black was too much. The purple is horrible haha

What about a pale purple? Something like Medusa's support colour.
     photo screenshot-2014-03-24-17-30-39.png

Like this?
    Light gray and dark gray have been the best two colors so far IMO. Purple's not doing it for me and doesn't fit the scenery. While I like the actual scheme of blue/dark gray better, I think the light gray is more appropriate here because it helps elevate the ride more from its surroundings.
    I also prefer the blue/light grey combination here, the purple just looks very off.
    Yeah I'm definitely thinking some sort of grey, looks the best, probably gunna go with the darker grey.
    I've neglected NL for quite a while, every day life and all that jazz. Anyhoo, I had some time recently, and basically finished this ride off, I'll release it when the week resets.

Zenith.

photo screenshot-2014-10-12-18-46-38.png

Welcome to Apex Park!

Running along the edge of the Scar River Valley, Apex Park is home to a brand new state of the art rollercoaster.

Zenith is one of the tallest, fastest and longest Giga coasters in the world. The second ever Giga Coaster built by Swiss Engineer firm Bolliger and Mabillard, it features a 308ft drop, a 240ft spiralling 'Ampersand' element, 5 Airtime filled hills, two additional speed hills, a double down element, Overbanked and Horseshoe turns, an upward helix and a spectacular water splash feature finale.

photo screenshot-2014-10-12-18-43-55.png

photo screenshot-2014-10-12-18-44-51.png

photo screenshot-2014-10-12-18-46-13.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2014

Use the 4 across seat trains. That is what B&M gigas use.
    ^I've actually spoken with the managers of Canada's Wonderland. They said it was the park's decision, not the manufacturers to do 4 across.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

This is amazing, love the scenery and layout. Look forward to the release of this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Plus the fact the 4 seats across don't have water scoops, paradox.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Posted By: gigacoasterfan^I've actually spoken with the managers of Canada's Wonderland. They said it was the park's decision, not the manufacturers to do 4 across.

I thought because Carowinds was doing it for Fury as well that the 4 across was standard for gigas.
    Posted By: ParadoxUse the 4 across seat trains. That is what B&M gigas use.

B&M hypers also used only the 4 across trains until behemoth.

It's close minded to say that a ride has to be a certain way. Look at what B&M have done recently, first family coaster, first launch coaster, newly designed inverted trains..
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

On the lift have you added the netting to the right side, or is it just the beams?
    Love the surroundings and general feel, you definitely have great atmosphere. That first picture just feels real, but give it a proper environment and trees, and it could look like real life!

Kinda wondering what ever happened to Elysium though. :(
    It's still about. There are little touches I've not been able to do, Elysium is part of a much larger project which has required a lot more planning. Zenith, while being quite a large project in itself was more a way for me to experiment with NL2.

Zenith is on the exchange now, so download and if you want, rate :)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014

Downloaded, Rated and Favourites, a great coaster. well done!
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014

This was a great experience! The coaster was never boring and full of excitement. A unique masterpiece (in my opinion). I also liked the bridge a lot and the look and design of the scenery. A real signature ride! Thank you for sharing! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014 edited

Great coaster, downloaded and will get to rating it.