Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthor-Divotik-
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014 edited

Hi, i'm here to present you my new project (under construction), it's a hyper coaster named Goliath (like that one is La Ronde, but the trackwork is a little different.

Some shots:

Hebergeur d'image

Hebergeur d'image
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014

looks good. I have always had a soft spot for small B&M hyper's like the one at La Ronde.
    The supports seem a bit lacking, I would make them a bit thicker.
    • CommentAuthor-Divotik-
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014 edited

Hebergeur d'image

Hebergeur d'image

Hebergeur d'image

Still workin, i'm going to make that project out on Wednesday! It will be a park with two other coasters, and i will add some scenery and stuffs to make a great thing!
    It seems to have too much in common with the real Goliath, the dogleg layout, the colors, the turnaround, the way the brakes slot under the lift hill. It also seems a little on the short side, the MCBR is pointless considering the size of the ride, the first drop seems a little weird but I can't quite figure out what is wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBH
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014

The top of your first drop (from the lift hill) is too drawn out and the pullout is too narrow. Fix those and you'll be closer to a more comfortable (or perhaps B&M-like) shaping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDC High Heat
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014 edited

What are the forces on the drop (back row in particular) and on the pullout? It all looks fairly reasonable to me.
    • CommentAuthor-Divotik-

Hebergeur d'image

Hebergeur d'image
    Sorry, to be more specific I meant in the back row over the crest of the drop...the airtime portion...and lets say middle row for the base, where forces would be highest assuming no weird shaping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBH

The banking into that first climb seems a bit wonky, but it's probably just the camera angle.

4.5 isn't great, but as long as it's very brief it should be tolerable. I've experienced more and for a split second those kinds of G's are fine, especially in the back row.
    It looks like you've overused the thicker spines you can have in NL2, for a coaster of your size it's not really that necessary to have it like that.
    • CommentAuthor-Divotik-
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014 edited

I'm making a park, it will be a really great thing i can't tell you more i'll give screenshots tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014

I think maybe the multicolor would look better if you had Top/Bottom accented or just Top accented, but I like it though. The Arrow coaster looks really cool too, can't wait to see more of it!
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2014

Epic paint skills, lol

Jokes aside, I think this is looking really nice! But I don't really like the banking transitions. Are you sure that your track is in hearthline mode?
    I don't think B&M would place supports like that the way you have on your MCBR. The exit of that turnaround on the actual Goliath at La Ronde is a lot more distanced from the entry, and the support on the far right of your second last picture is in contact with the track connection. The colours are superb, but I agree with JAKool, top accenting the teal on the box track would make it look great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014

^Yeah, just remove the X supports and it should be fine. From update to update the colours looked better, but right now I think they are absolutely great. I'm also interested to see how this area will turn out once it's finished.

Just be careful not to overdo the DOV effect. ;)
    • CommentAuthor-Divotik-
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014

Hebergeur d'image

Hebergeur d'image

The final result of this park will be with some lights, terrain, and custom 3ds objects, it will be a great thing i think!
    • CommentAuthor-Divotik-
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2014

Image hébergée par http://uprapide.com/

I'm trying some things for the hyper so don't mind it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2014

I'm liking the way that powered mine train is winding its way through the suspended coaster's area. Keep up the good work!